Jump to content
Announcements
** November Poker League Result : 1st ian309, 2nd muttley, 3rd Burnley Joe **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MrJol, 2nd buga00, 3rd glavintoby, 4th Boulder5111, 5th bobsyerunkle **
** November Nap's Competition Result: 1st andellio, 2nd Saddlesore, 3rd bymatrix, 4th MrJol KO Cup: DonnyFlyer, Most Winners: Astleavista**

Champions League Predictions > May 1st & 2nd


Recommended Posts

uclratings.jpg

The second legs for the Champions League Semi-Finals are coming up this week. Real Madrid take a narrow 2-1 lead to the Bernabeu but they are facing a Bayern Munich side that are more than capable of over-turning that deficit. Liverpool hold an impressive 5-2 lead over Roma as they head to the Stadio Olimpico but the Italian side have been here before against more illustrious opposition already in this year's competition. Take a look at the odds and ratings then give us your tips that you're backing this week! :ok

Link to post
Share on other sites

Real Madrid v Bayern München

Real Madrid: Daniel Carvajal (24/0 d), Isco (28/6 m)

Bayern München: Alaba (23/2 d, doubtful), Neuer (3/0 first goalkeeper, captain), Boateng (19/1 d), Coman (21/3 m), Robben (21/5 m), Vidal (22/6 m)

 

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Link to post
Share on other sites

Football Facts and Streaks regarding UEFA Champions League

Real Madrid have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games against Bayern in all competitions.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 93% of Bayern's last 15 games in UEFA Champions League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Real Madrid's last 8 games in UEFA Champions League.
Real Madrid have won 86% of their last 7 games in UEFA Champions League.
Real Madrid have scored at least 2 goals in 86% of their last 7 games in UEFA Champions League.

You can find interesting 56 Football Betting Streaks for 01.05.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-01-05-2018-9362

Link to post
Share on other sites

Roma vs Liverpool

It's Roma taking on Liverpool at the Stadio Olimpico in a 7:45pm kick-off tomorrow night and it's the Reds' to lose if we are all being brutally truthful. A three goal advantage from the first leg seems like a situation that Jurgen Klopp would have taken before the first leg.

Eusebio Di Francesco's side are mean opposition on home turf this season in Europe. In fact, they haven't lost a single European game at their home ground and haven't even conceded a goal. When you think that they've welcomed the likes of Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, and Barcelona in previous rounds, that's impressive.

Klopp's side are no mugs away from Anfield in the Champions League this season. They are unbeaten on the road and have scored 18 goals in their 5 away games in the competition. That includes sticking 7 against Maribor in Slovenia and 5 against Porto in Portugal.

This is an unpredictable one. Liverpool will want to tread carefully after Roma turned around their tie against Barcelona in the previous round. However, it can be argued that the Italian side hit their peak in that tie and doing it again could well be beyond their capabilities.

It's not all plain sailing for Liverpool though. The media have been focusing on an alleged bust-up between Klopp and his assistant manager Zeljko Buvac with the Bosnian rumoured to be leaving the club permanently. Some speculation has even linked him with a role at Arsenal. Throw into the mix the uncertainty over coach Steve Gerrard's future with him being linked to the vacant Rangers job. It's an unsettling time for Klopp so how will that impact their preparations? Especially because Buvac is a renowned master tactician.

I think Roma need to be back to win this game here. They have been immense at home in Europe and I think they'll do enough to beat Liverpool on the night. However, this is a Liverpool side that has goals aplenty in their armoury. Backing both teams to score with Roma winning on the night but not doing enough to qualify is probably the most likely outcome for me.

Roma to win @ 2.60 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.40 with Paddy Power

@vasilli07, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @dorleywilliams, @soccerprediction123, @jamiedavies02, @TOTTI3, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, @wcz, @newjack, @matt-e-matticle, @EBTA, @cluelessG, and @WinningAdvice, what are your thoughts on this match tonight?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

What a scenario we have here! Real Madrid take a 2-1 lead from their first leg against Bayern Munich to the Bernabeu. It seems like Zinedine Zidane's side are firm favourites but they will certainly be heeding the warning from the previous round of this competition where Juventus gave them a fright.

Real had taken a 3-0 lead from the first away leg into the second leg at home but needed a controversial (it wasn't controversial really was it!?) penalty to defy Juventus a momentous comeback. The lead this time around is a lot narrower and nerves will jangle if Bayern Munich score first.

The key here is that Jupp Heynckes side do need to score at least twice. However, if one team can do it then you'd think it's within Bayern's potential. I'm anticipating Bayern to give this a good go but I think Zidane just knows how to play knock-out football. Real's season hangs on this competition. I don't think they'll let is slip. It is certain to be a thriller. I can see Real just doing enough to qualify with both teams scoring.

Real Madrid to win @ 2.38 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.40 with SunBets

Link to post
Share on other sites

Football Facts and Streaks regarding UEFA Champions League

Liverpool are undefeated in their last 15 games in UEFA Champions League.
Liverpool have won 83% of their last 6 games in UEFA Champions League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 89% of Liverpool's last 9 games in UEFA Champions League.
Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in 89% of their last 9 games in UEFA Champions League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Roma's last 3 games in UEFA Champions League.

You can find interesting 61 Football Betting Streaks for 02.05.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-02-05-2018-9365

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Real really luckboxed into final this time as if it was not clear vs Juve. No matter, i wont bet today because im emotions bound and therefore bet wouldnt be objective. I do however hope that liverpool qualifies regardless of tonights result regards

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Roma vs Liverpool

It's Roma taking on Liverpool at the Stadio Olimpico in a 7:45pm kick-off tomorrow night and it's the Reds' to lose if we are all being brutally truthful. A three goal advantage from the first leg seems like a situation that Jurgen Klopp would have taken before the first leg.

Eusebio Di Francesco's side are mean opposition on home turf this season in Europe. In fact, they haven't lost a single European game at their home ground and haven't even conceded a goal. When you think that they've welcomed the likes of Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, and Barcelona in previous rounds, that's impressive.

Klopp's side are no mugs away from Anfield in the Champions League this season. They are unbeaten on the road and have scored 18 goals in their 5 away games in the competition. That includes sticking 7 against Maribor in Slovenia and 5 against Porto in Portugal.

This is an unpredictable one. Liverpool will want to tread carefully after Roma turned around their tie against Barcelona in the previous round. However, it can be argued that the Italian side hit their peak in that tie and doing it again could well be beyond their capabilities.

It's not all plain sailing for Liverpool though. The media have been focusing on an alleged bust-up between Klopp and his assistant manager Zeljko Buvac with the Bosnian rumoured to be leaving the club permanently. Some speculation has even linked him with a role at Arsenal. Throw into the mix the uncertainty over coach Steve Gerrard's future with him being linked to the vacant Rangers job. It's an unsettling time for Klopp so how will that impact their preparations? Especially because Buvac is a renowned master tactician.

I think Roma need to be back to win this game here. They have been immense at home in Europe and I think they'll do enough to beat Liverpool on the night. However, this is a Liverpool side that has goals aplenty in their armoury. Backing both teams to score with Roma winning on the night but not doing enough to qualify is probably the most likely outcome for me.

Roma to win @ 2.60 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.40 with Paddy Power

@vasilli07, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @dorleywilliams, @soccerprediction123, @jamiedavies02, @TOTTI3, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, @wcz, @newjack, @matt-e-matticle, @EBTA, @cluelessG, and @WinningAdvice, what are your thoughts on this match tonight?

Steven Gerrard is a youth coach so unlikely to have any impact whatsoever.  Also Buvac loss shouldn’t be felt much if at all given the position Liverpool find themselves in up 3 goals on agg.  I’m sure Klopp can tell his players to defend with everyone behind the ball and when you get the chance kick it long to Salah.  Haha...but seriously that is how easy EDF made it for Liverpool in the 1st leg.  He should check his Italian birth certificate.

Roma have a very good record at home, however I’ve rarely been that impressed by them in home games this season across Serie A and UCL.  Okay beating Barca 3-0 is impressive but I think that was a freak result which I lay largely at the inept feet of Valverde.  Prior home leg against Shakhtar was so dull they were unconvincing and squeezed by 1-0.  Against At Madrid in the group stage they should have lost 1/2-0 if not for Alisson miracles.   

I do not see lightning striking twice here and with EDF being forced this time to leave space in behind chasing the tie I expect Salah and co to hurt Roma often.  

Liverpool on the AH 0 for me.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add a bit more detail about Roma as a home team.  They have been good in the UCL, unbeaten to this point and not conceded a goal.  However in Serie A at home they are frankly gash.  As far as I can see they've lost to every top 8 side they've played at home...Napoli, Fiorentina, AC Milan, Inter, Atalanta, Sampdoria and yet to play Juve.  Looking at these game highlights they are getting burnt regularly by pacey forwards on the counter which is exactly what Liverpool have.  I mean it's stating the obvious after the 1st leg but it does beg the question how good are Roma really?  Despite the Barca game, their poor home form for me says they don't enjoy having to force the issue and break teams down and much prefer hitting at pace.  No chance they can do that in this game.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@matt-e-matticle I agree Roma are very indifferent, but you can be sure they won't play the same way as they did at Anfield, as they know they'll get killed. 

You could liken this to going to Man City and they dealt with a big lead there, so why not now? 

They've played at Man City tons of times, so there was an element of they're still in England, no big deal. However, this is Rome, that stadium will be bouncing and very volatile especially the first 20 mins. Roma must take advantage in this period.

As you can see on the >football tips page, I've gone for Roma to win and Both Teams To Score as I think it's the best bet. Liverpool may well come away with a win, but it's a whole different mentality doing it in a quarter final that's still in England, as opposed to doing it in Rome with a volatile atmosphere, knowing they'll probably kill Real Madrid in the final, so I don't see Liverpool going gung ho here.

Roma Win and Both Teams to score @ 11/4 (3.75) Bet365 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

@matt-e-matticle I agree Roma are very indifferent, but you can be sure they won't play the same way as they did at Anfield, as they know they'll get killed. 

You could liken this to going to Man City and they dealt with a big lead there, so why not now? 

They've played at Man City tons of times, so there was an element of they're still in England, no big deal. However, this is Rome, that stadium will be bouncing and very volatile especially the first 20 mins. Roma must take advantage in this period.

As you can see on the >football tips page, I've gone for Roma to win and Both Teams To Score as I think it's the best bet. Liverpool may well come away with a win, but it's a whole different mentality doing it in a quarter final that's still in England, as opposed to doing it in Rome with a volatile atmosphere, knowing they'll probably kill Real Madrid in the final, so I don't see Liverpool going gung ho here.

Roma Win and Both Teams to score @ 11/4 (3.75) Bet365 
 

Yep, going for this result too. I do fancy a sweat for Liverpool fans - Roma maybe getting 2-0 up in the first half but I can see Liverpool scoring at least one to kill it off.

2-1 Roma @ 9/1

3-1 Roma @16/1

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

@matt-e-matticle I agree Roma are very indifferent, but you can be sure they won't play the same way as they did at Anfield, as they know they'll get killed. 

You could liken this to going to Man City and they dealt with a big lead there, so why not now? 

They've played at Man City tons of times, so there was an element of they're still in England, no big deal. However, this is Rome, that stadium will be bouncing and very volatile especially the first 20 mins. Roma must take advantage in this period.

As you can see on the >football tips page, I've gone for Roma to win and Both Teams To Score as I think it's the best bet. Liverpool may well come away with a win, but it's a whole different mentality doing it in a quarter final that's still in England, as opposed to doing it in Rome with a volatile atmosphere, knowing they'll probably kill Real Madrid in the final, so I don't see Liverpool going gung ho here.

Roma Win and Both Teams to score @ 11/4 (3.75) Bet365 
 

How are Roma gonna play then if they need to force the issue?  There is no tactic in the world that involves going for 3 goals while limiting space in behind.  Look at their game against Barca they sat on the half way line and squeezed Barca for 90.  Very effective tactic because Barca refused to use long balls or pace up top.  Liverpool will only hit long balls and run at pace.  In fact Roma were so incensed by the effectiveness of this tactic they complained after the 1st leg about how Liverpool were just a long ball team hahaha...hahaha.  What so they shouldn’t use a tactic that you have no answer to.  Oh dear.

Anyway maybe my perspective is wrong and Roma win.  GL to all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, matt-e-matticle said:

How are Roma gonna play then if they need to force the issue?  There is no tactic in the world that involves going for 3 goals while limiting space in behind.  Look at their game against Barca they sat on the half way line and squeezed Barca for 90.  Very effective tactic because Barca refused to use long balls or pace up top.  Liverpool will only hit long balls and run at pace.  In fact Roma were so incensed by the effectiveness of this tactic they complained after the 1st leg about how Liverpool were just a long ball team hahaha...hahaha.  What so they shouldn’t use a tactic that you have no answer to.  Oh dear.

Anyway maybe my perspective is wrong and Roma win.  GL to all.

They have to attack of course, just not as reckless as at Anfield. ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...