** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > May 4th - 10th

eplratings.jpg

It's a bumper week of Premier League games coming up. There's a full schedule this weekend but then there's half of the teams in action in catch-up games so that the clubs are all balanced out heading into the final weekend of games the following week. Take a look at the odds and ratings above then give us your bets and tips for these matches. :ok

Stoke vs Crystal Palace

It's a tough week to get predictions sorted for the Premier League. A lot of teams with even form are facing off against each other. Instinctively, there could be a few draws but it looks like some good runs and some poor runs will come to an end. My first focus is on the match between Stoke and Crystal Palace at 12:30pm on Saturday at the Bet365 Stadium.

Paul Lambert's team looked dead and buried a couple of weeks ago but three draws in a row have kept them just in the fight. They are now 3 points off 17th placed Swansea but they have played a game more than the five teams above them. Winning here is crucial to their survival hopes.

Roy Hodgson has done a decent job with the Eagles this season. They hadn't even scored a goal after the first 7 league games so the fact they are now 11th and 6 points clear of relegation is one hell of a feat. Two wins and two draws from their last four matches has helped that push up the table and so has the form of Wilfried Zaha.

This is a must-win game for Stoke and Lambert will have his side fired up. I just don't think Lambert will tactically match Hodgson and I think Crystal Palace will edge the quality and confidence stakes. At a push I can see a draw due to Palace's woeful away record but I think this could be the game that ends Stoke's time in the Premier League. If results won't go against them this weekend then they will in midweek.

Draw @ 3.40 with Betfair

BTTS @ 1.75 with SunBets

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @jamiedavies02, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Dave1X2, and @AndreBR, what bets are you guys all looking to place over this round of games?

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Brighton & Hove have failed to win in their last 6 matches in Premier League.
69% of Brighton & Hove's matches had under 2.5 goals in Premier League.
Brighton & Hove conceded at least one goal in each of their last 8 home matches in Premier League.
Manchester Utd have won their last 3 away matches in Premier League.
Manchester Utd have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 83 Football Betting Streaks for 04.05.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-04-05-2018-9409

Stoke City have failed to win in their last 12 matches in Premier League.
West Bromwich have failed to win in their last 6 home matches in Premier League.
Leicester City have failed to win in their last 5 home matches in Premier League.
Tottenham have scored in each of their last 12 away matches in Premier League.
Watford have failed to win in their last 7 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 125 Football Betting Streaks for 05.05.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-05-05-2018-9424

Everton vs Southampton

Am I missing something here ? Things are not so in favour of Southampton but they are having a slight edge over in-form Everton based on the odds.

1) Everton have not lost at Goodison Park against Southampton since 1997 (8W 3D)

2) Everton have won their final home league match in 9 out of the last 11 seasons

Some other far stretching stats:

1) Mark Hughes winning stats against Everton - 6W 9D 9L - But 5 of the wins was at Goodison Park

2) Mark Hughes stats against Big Sam - 8W 7D 4L

Hmm...

Chelsea vs Liverpool

It's a huge game at Stamford Bridge this Sunday in a 4:30pm kick-off between Chelsea and Liverpool. The home side are still firmly in the chase for a Champions League place. The away team are in 3rd place and know that a draw will realistically secure their place in next season's elite European competition.

Antonio Conte's side have picked up a bit of form lately winning their last three league games. However, they have been against teams they would have been expected to beat in the shape of Swansea, Burnley, and Southampton. Although before those wins they had only won 2 of their previous 8 league games. Their record against the teams in the top six has not been great either.

Jurgen Klopp has navigated his side through a week of unsettled news with assistant manager Zeljko Buvac being put on indefinite leave and club coach and legend Steve Gerrard leaving for the Rangers job. Despite all that he managed to help guide his team through a tricky second leg against Roma in the Champions League Semi-Finals. They are a club on a high right now.

The last time these two sides met it was a 1-1 draw. I think Klopp struggles against the teams that sit back and encourage pressure. This could be another case of Chelsea choking the life out of Liverpool's attacking play. The Roma game will have taken a lot out of Liverpool and I think Chelsea will take something from this game. I'm favouring a draw more but think it will still be an intriguing encounter.

Draw @ 3.65 with Unibet

BTTS @ 1.62 with Paddy Power

Huddersfield conceded at least one goal in each of their last 14 away matches in Premier League.
Manchester City have scored in each of their last 14 matches in Premier League.
Liverpool have been undefeated in their last 6 matches in Premier League.
Arsenal have scored in each of their last 7 matches in Premier League.
Burnley have been undefeated in their last 4 away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 141 Football Betting Streaks for 06.05.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-06-05-2018-9427

Swansea City have failed to win in their last 7 matches in Premier League.
Swansea City conceded at least one goal in 71% of their home matches in Premier League.
Swansea City have failed to score in 41% of their home matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 52 Football Betting Streaks for 08.05.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-08-05-2018-9449

16 minutes ago, Vincetucker779 said:

Southampton - Swansea away win 2,64 1xbet

Hello 

I think Southampton will win today. They are better 'liked' by English football to stay in the league because they have a perfect academy and feed many clubs with numerous players (Adam Lallana, Luke Shaw, Morgan Schneiderlin etc)

Swansea is actually welsh club no one cares if they drop down. 

Southampton are managed by English manager and maybe who knows one day Mark Hughes will manage England?

I think Southampton will win today and stay in the league because of superior goal difference. They are better for anyone in England to stay in the Premier League and who knows maybe they will get help from behind the curtain?

I am pretty confident Southampton will win today

ok where do I start? :unsure Oh yeah, :welcome to PL :ok 

The rest of your post - well that's total garbage. :ok 

6 minutes ago, Vincetucker779 said:

I don't care what you think mate

I am just saying reasons why Southampton will win today in my opinion. 

I think they will get help from referees as Southampton will be needed to stay in the league and Swansea has no intention to lose today at all. But Swansea will lose today

On what basis will they "get help" ? :unsure 

I'm sorry but there's a fixation in Europe of everything's fixed, and it's such nonsense.

Chelsea have won their last 4 matches in Premier League.
Tottenham have scored in each of their last 14 home matches in Premier League.
Arsenal have scored in each of their last 8 matches in Premier League.
Brighton & Hove have failed to win in their last 11 away matches in Premier League.
Chelsea have scored in each of their last 7 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 103 Football Betting Streaks for 09.05.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-09-05-2018-9483

They only won because Mark Hughes is English (?!), haha.

Any thoughts on Huddersfield to get relegated? 13/5 seems high to me. Swansea should beat an already relegated Stoke in their last game, so Huddersfield will likely need a point away to Chelsea or home to Arsenal. Wenger's last game so they won't be on beach already.

I did have a bet on Brighton on the DC on Friday, but didn't have time to post any thoughts. Had a 7/1 bet builder on B365

BRIGHTON DC/ U12 corners/U3.5 cards/U2.5 goals

Expect us to get a right to king by City tonight though. They will be in full "beach" mode from now on

And I may as well include this in the "Premiership Big Boys" thread now you have sneaked back in @StevieDay1983

Congratulations to Cardiff on getting promotion. Warnock is a tremendous manager when it comes to getting teams up. I think he will be moved on by Christmas though, as he can't manage in the Prem.

Id make the most it though, as I have just read that there could be a move to get all Welsh teams to play in the LOW, as no English people want them in their league!

:beerCould be an away day to Cardiff next season!

Thanks @Tiffy. It's quite an emotional one. The whole re-brand soured the last promotion so this finally feels like the wrongs of the past have been corrected. Vincent Tan deserves credit for recognising his faults, admitting his mistakes, and showing the humility to let others make certain decisions. I respect that a lot. Before he was very stubborn and blinkered. I think the past few years have been a huge learning curve for him. He's now invested close to £200 million of his own money. He's obviously seen some return from Premier League money and will continue to do so but he's still lost a lot more than he's earned.

Neil Warnock and Cardiff have always had a really good relationship. He's a manager our fans always respected and loved so it was always going to be a match made in heaven. I mentioned on here that people should back us to make the play-offs but never anticipated automatic promotion. He's worked miracles on and off the field. Visiting social clubs up my way in the valleys during the week and helping players get through issues when other managers would have looked the other way. I honestly think Tan will give him an entire season because he trusts him. If we go down well we've got the exact manager needed to get us back up. I think we could stay up though. It'll be tough and we'll need luck but we can do it. People will under-estimate as they have done this season. Fine by us. We're just going to enjoy being a united club, playing in blue, in the top flight. I'll make sure I attend a few games this time around. Missed the entire first Premier League campaign because my son was born and we moved house. Had been a season ticket holder for the previous 16 years!

I'll get a preview up shortly for tonight's game between Chelsea and Huddersfield that could have huge repercussions for our noisy neighbours!

Chelsea vs Huddersfield

Last night was a huge game for the relegation battle. Southampton overcame the controversy of "Marriot-gate" to prevail as 1-0 victors and put Swansea on the brink of relegation. Mark Hughes claimed it was the "dark arts" at work that did his team talk for him and he's right. Now, if Huddersfield take a point from this game then it all but seals the Swans' fate.

Chelsea come into this game on the back of four straight league wins. It is a run that has seen Antonio Conte's side make a late push to steal a Champions League qualification spot from under the noses of Tottenham. There is now just 2 points separating the two sides going into these final two games.

Huddersfield need just 1 point from their final two league games to secure their place in the Premier League next season. However, they are coming up against a Chelsea side that are rejuvenated. The fact that David Wagner will be drilling into his players is that this is a Chelsea side that have dropped points in 7 of their 18 home matches at Stamford Bridge.

@Tiffy and I were discussing how this stage of the season sees the underdogs come out fighting. I'm not sure Huddersfield have got enough to beat Chelsea or take anything off them but they'll show fight. The Terriers have only won 1 of their last 8 league games but they did hold Manchester City to a 0-0 draw at the Etihad Stadium last weekend. The difference being that City had nothing to play for. This will be different.

I think given the extreme odds of nearly 20.00 being offered on a Huddersfield win then I have to back them in the Asian Handicap market. I have seen some people tipping them to get battered by a heavy scoreline but they know what's at stake. They won't want to leave it until the last game against Arsenal at home. I can see a narrow Chelsea win.

Huddersfield AH +2 @ 1.93 with BetVictor

Chelsea HT/FT @ 1.73 with BetStars

13 minutes ago, Vincetucker779 said:

Two clear bets for me today:

2. Man City - Brighton over 3,5 goals 1,95 betfair.

Let's be honest last two games of these teams were deviated from original trend. I guess Manchester United  has kept Brighton in the league by letting them win and giving a game away on Friday (you can check American owners connections)

Manchester City vs Huddersfield was also a fishy game - all of sudden team loaded with attacking power and quality does not score at home. OK congrats to Huddersfield but bookies might have stepped into the game as I am sure many people lost money on 'sure' City.

Brighton is safe, City is chasing records in terms of wins, soals scored, points etc.

Brighton will be showered today, especially as people are afraid to put money on City at home again after the weekend.

City 4-0 or 5-0 or 6-0

3. Tottenham - Newcastle Newcastle + 2 1,95 bet365

I believe Spurs will have problem in today's game  and still might get caught by Chelsea. Spurs is a typical failure team playing most attractive football for years without a trophy.

Even something like 2-1 for Tottenham makes us happy and I expect at least problematic Tottenham win - if any!. Now they feel the breath and their legs are shaking.

Both are no way fixed or 'behind the curtain' game but I have a genuine feeling these are fantastic opportunities for us to build up yesterday's success

Tottenham - Newcastle 2-1

I generally have to agree with you here. I'm not sure City will win by that much of a score but it wouldn't surprise me. It'll certainly feel more like an exhibition game than a competitive game. I think maybe a 3-0 home win?

If the Tottenham versus Newcastle game was a month or so ago then I would actually be thinking Newcastle could sneak this one. Tottenham have a reputation for being the nearly men but they should have enough to get through this game. I think you're right with the one goal victory for Tottenham.. I think even a narrow 1-0 win might be realistic. It'll be nervous at Wembley, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Just Drew said:

But but but...Cardiff in Wales. They Welsh. They premier league next season. How that happen?
They slipped everybodys radar huh?
It okay. We clap them next time and blow up the Seventh bridge so they can't come back.

Have you ever watched a Welsh league game? If you have then you'll understand why we don't want to play in that league! All over the world teams are invited to compete in another nation's league. Canadian teams in the US, a team from Liechtenstein in the Swiss league, and New Zealand teams in the Australian league, English teams in the Scottish league etc.

In fact, there are a large number of teams that have been involved in the English league for less time than Cardiff and the other Welsh clubs.

That's all a chat for another day though. All too happy to discuss the pros and cons of clubs playing in leagues outside of their own nation provided the views are fair and not xenophobic.

For now, this Chelsea game certainly has a sense of inevitability about it!

Man Utd have scored in 72% of their away matches.
Man Utd have won their last 3 games against West Ham in all competitions.
Man Utd are undefeated in 94% of their last 17 games against West Ham in all competitions.
Man Utd have scored at least 2 goals in 88% of their last 8 away games against West Ham in all competitions.

You can find interesting 53 Football Betting Streaks for 10.05.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-10-05-2018-9486

19 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Thanks @Tiffy. It's quite an emotional one. The whole re-brand soured the last promotion so this finally feels like the wrongs of the past have been corrected. Vincent Tan deserves credit for recognising his faults, admitting his mistakes, and showing the humility to let others make certain decisions. I respect that a lot. Before he was very stubborn and blinkered. I think the past few years have been a huge learning curve for him. He's now invested close to £200 million of his own money. He's obviously seen some return from Premier League money and will continue to do so but he's still lost a lot more than he's earned.

Neil Warnock and Cardiff have always had a really good relationship. He's a manager our fans always respected and loved so it was always going to be a match made in heaven. I mentioned on here that people should back us to make the play-offs but never anticipated automatic promotion. He's worked miracles on and off the field. Visiting social clubs up my way in the valleys during the week and helping players get through issues when other managers would have looked the other way. I honestly think Tan will give him an entire season because he trusts him. If we go down well we've got the exact manager needed to get us back up. I think we could stay up though. It'll be tough and we'll need luck but we can do it. People will under-estimate as they have done this season. Fine by us. We're just going to enjoy being a united club, playing in blue, in the top flight. I'll make sure I attend a few games this time around. Missed the entire first Premier League campaign because my son was born and we moved house. Had been a season ticket holder for the previous 16 years!

I'll get a preview up shortly for tonight's game between Chelsea and Huddersfield that could have huge repercussions for our noisy neighbours!

That's nice to hear. He went off the radar for a while and I totally forgot about him (Tan). Good to see all that is in the past and he has realised his mistakes!

shame you won't get the Derby next season tho!