** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ten Top Tracks To Follow - Flat Edition

As with the Jumps we are going to track the progress of the PL Tips on the top 10 'flat' only tracks.

All prices are with bet365 this time just avoid any confusion. £10 win or £5 EW singles.

The tracks will be monitored every couple of months to see if any are performing better than the ones we are using.

We will kick off with the following:

Catterick
Chester
Musselburgh
Newmarket
Thirsk
Redcar
Ffos Las
Salisbury
Windsor
Goodwood

Calendar for May:

3rd: Redcar, Musselburgh
4th: Musselburgh
5th: Goodwood, Newmarket, Thirsk
6th: Newmarket
7th: Windsor
9th: Chester
10th: Chester
11th: Chester
12th: Thirsk
14th: Catterick, Windsor

17th: Newmarket
18th: Newmarket
19th: Newmarket, Thirsk
21st: Redcar, Windsor
24th Catterick, Goodwood
25th: Goodwood
26th: Chester, Goodwood, Salsibury
28th: Redcar, Windsor
29th: Redcar

:ok

On 4/25/2018 at 8:53 AM, BillyHills said:

As with the Jumps we are going to track the progress of the PL Tips on the top 10 'flat' only tracks.

All prices are with bet365 this time just avoid any confusion. £10 win or £5 EW singles.

The tracks will be monitored every couple of months to see if any are performing better than the ones we are using.

BH, what are your expectations for the flat tracks thread? Better profit than the jump tracks thread? Sry to ask this, but i dont know much about horse racing, but i have been following your tips and others for a couple of months. I dont know if its easier to choose the horses in a flat track or jump track, or if doesnt have difference!

Hi mate, I think it all depends on the time of year to be honest. The jumps has tailed off quite a bit due to really bad ground and this has produced some very strange results. Its been the wettest Jan-Mar that I can remember.

I have no doubt the selections are much more consistent when the going is not so volatile so therefore once the better weather arrives the results will pick up. We have already seen some improvement over the last week on the flat. 

This is why I wanted to start the flat in May, it has given us a couple of weeks to sort things out.

We have to realise the bad weather has not just affected the going on the courses but it also has made it very difficult for some trainers to work the horses properly at home, this means their first run on the racecourse this season is badly needed for some (not all) but it does explain some below par performances for sure.

To answer your main question, I am not sure how we will go on the Flat, there seems to be more meetings and hopefully we can do well. I am surprised that places like Windsor and Newmarket feature in the top 10, the races always seem to be very competitive to me. Anyway figures don't lie and we have done well there in the past.

I'm hopeful that from June to September will be the most fruitful time to be betting on the flat and the handicaps should throw up some nice priced winners every now and again.:ok

From my analysis April 17 was the most profitable month with a ROI of 40%. The weather in this month was better than average.

The next most profitable month has been July with a ROI of 16%.

In fact all months show a positive return so hopefully we should be in for good returns all through the flat season.

To support BH's comments about the going the best returns are on good to firm at 15%.

So let's hope for some warm sunny weather !

Hopefully the Flat goes ok/good/excellent ?? for you BH.

Just a general question, does anybody know in this day and age, when the flat season starts and finishes and vice versa for the jumps. I know they jump all through the year. :eyes 

Proper flat turf season starts at Doncaster in late March (24th this year) and ends on Nov 10th again at Doncaster.

Jumps season officially starts May 4th until the Sandown meeting in late April (28th this year).

AW season is late October (24th last year) until Good Friday

Here we go, hold your breath!

bet365

Redcar
210: Tarrzan 5/4
240: Pretty Baby 15/8
310: Mr Gent 9/2
340: Poets Prince 7/2
410: Al Khan 5/2
440: Champarisi EW 20/1
510: Dont Cry About It 3/1

Musselburgh
540: Dawoodi 6/1
610 Amadeus 4/6
640: Soldiers Minute 1/4
710: Artful Rogue 7/2
740: Carpet Time 9/4
810: Scotch Myst 3/1
840: Cosmic Tigress 7/1

Good start billy

Shame about Champarisi for the Acca

Redcar
210: Tarrzan 5/4 Won
240: Pretty Baby 15/8 Won
310: Mr Gent 9/2 3rd
340: Poets Prince 7/2 2nd
410: Al Khan 5/2 Won
440: Champarisi EW 20/1 UP
510: Dont Cry About It 3/1 2nd

On 25/04/2018 at 8:53 AM, BillyHills said:

Hi

I understand the concept of the top 10 tracks, separately for Jumps and Flat season.  But how are the "PL Tips" selected for each race?

p.s.  I am not after trade secrets.  What I am asking is: Are the Tips based on one super PL tipster, a committee of PL tipsters, ......

Edited by Kingdom for
clarification of intent

6 hours ago, Kingdom for said:

Hi

I understand the concept of the top 10 tracks, separately for Jumps and Flat season.  But how are the "PL Tips" selected for each race?

p.s.  I am not after trade secrets.  What I am asking is: Are the Tips based on one super PL tipster, a committee of PL tipsters, ......

The selections are from me only, no committee.
Based on a method that calculates ratings for each horse. I prefer to try and take the emotion out of punting and leave it to the figures:ok

Another blank day  -298.75pts

Windsor

200: Desert Fox 7/2
235: Orpen Wide EW 9/1
305: All My Love 6/1
345: Hollywood Road EW 10/1
420: Tai Hang Dragon 6/1
455: Kassar 5/1
530: Silver Quartz 7/4
600: Spanish Star 6/1

2 hours ago, BillyHills said:

Thanks for taking the time to post:ok

Have to say I feel a little guilty having come on board at the start of April, but I guess it happens. We go again tomorrow - I'll be at Beverley but watching for the Windsor results! 

Edited by TimmyB
Typo

2 minutes ago, TimmyB said:

Have to say I feel a little guilty having come on board at the start of April, but I guessing happens. We go again tomorrow - I'll be at Beverley but watching for the Windsor results! 

Have a good day, i've never been to Beverley:ok