** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Serious Punters needed for weekly Goliath bet Syndicate.

Hi All

I'm looking for 4 or 5 serious punters to make up a football Goliath bet syndicate. Participants must be a) knowledegable about any league/leagues.b) successful punters in their own right, c) reliable posters with staying power.

The aim: To use a panel of punters to provide selections for a Goliath bet every saturday of the football season. A Goliath uses 8 selections to provide 247 bets. (Google it!)

How to achieve this?: Most of us, if we look carefully, can find, say, 2 selections with odds around 2.0 that will win. This can be WLD, O/U 1.5/2.5/3.5, BTTS, To win + BTTS or any handicap.

I know I can easily find 2, maybe 3 selections (my personal trixies are well into profit). If we can find 4 or 5 punters total do do the same, then make up a Goliath bet every week we should be able to make some dosh. 

The mechanics: Say 5 punters provide 2 selections each. This allows for duplicates or the odd duffer! We all vote on which final 8 we should use.

We run a league table of the selections. After a few rounds the punter who is bottom of the league has his selections left out until he moves back up, thus ensuring that the poorest tipsters selections are not used. This won't be a matter of opinion but an actual fact! If we have say 6 members not 4 or 5 then the same criteria will decide selections.

The aim will be to provide 2 selections with odds of 2.0 or more. A selection below 2 can be chosen, but the 2 selections must average 2, i.e. 1st @ 1.95, 2nd @ 2.05. Hopefully the odd draw will figure with odds above 3.

What can we expect? 8 correct @ 2.0 returns £650 to stake of 0.10p x 247 (24.70). 7 correct returns £217, 6 correct returns £71 and 5 correct = money back. Any less than this and its a non starter! How we collect stakes and place bets needs to be addressed. (If we are as succesful as I think we should be, some accounts may be in jeopardy!!)

I realise this may be the wrong time of year to start, but the ball has to start rolling some time and we may just need to get things sorted before next season.

Things to sort: Do we do this publicly? or do we pm selections and keep it in house?

If interested please reply to thread or pm me.