** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

April 30 - May 6

Dusan Lajovic to beat John Millman at 1.78 with Marathonbet

Lajovic wasn't that bad last week and needs to start winning again, so why not here in Istanbul, where he had a decent run last year? Millman could also be dead tired after the long and tiring week in Budapest with so many paused matches.

12 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Dusan Lajovic to beat John Millman at 1.78 with Marathonbet

Lajovic wasn't that bad last week and needs to start winning again, so why not here in Istanbul, where he had a decent run last year? Millman could also be dead tired after the long and tiring week in Budapest with so many paused matches.

i am agree with you, Fabio fognini to beat marco checchinato at 1.44 in bet365 could be another pick for a good parlay

but what about value plays? 

foggini is huge juice...lajovic is okay......pliskova got bought down hard....and now my stupid book has locked the ML. debating taking for 2-0 sets? 

any thoughts on plus money plays? 

Diae El Jardi (+9) to beat Katerina Zavatska at 1.58 with Marathonbet

Right, so, this seems a tad interesting to me. For some reason, I found myself watching the Rabat doubles yesterday, El Jardi was playing with someone against Peterson/Sorribes Tormo. They lost, but I did like this girl Diae, athletic build, decent power in shots, clearly enjoying playing in home conditions. She did incredibly poorly in the Fed Cup and I don't expect her to do any wonders against Zavatska, but this bet needs three games for a push and four for a win and I think Diae could get that based on her doubles performance. I have to admit that yesterday was the first time I saw/heard about Diae El Jardi, but I don't think she's as bad as the odds suggest. I don't really believe that any of the big odds are worth chancing, but this bet I quite like.

what are peoples thoughts on these plays?

BASHILASIVI VS CHARDY 

Over 22 Games

- Both players are extremely erratic and the majority of their matches feature numerous momentum swings. This is enhanced further on clay as points are longer.

- Both players enjoy playing on clay where their topspin heavy games can thrive. They both prefer a high bouncing ball and scramble & slide well on the surface

- Basilashvili has found some form after a dreadful start to the season, he's reached three consecutive quarter-finals on the clay, two at ATP World Tour level

- Chardy plays a very aggressive gamestyle and he will go through 'hot & cold' periods during the match. Serving out sets/the match won't be easy, leaving more room for the Over to cash

- Don't trust either of these players to win convincingly with their poor record of closing out matches. Over 22 Games

MASUR VS STRUFF

Masur +4.5 Games

- These two met at this event last year with Struff prevailing 6-3/6-4. Masur's development has increased significantly in the 12 months since.

- Masur defeated Rublev & Krajinovic on the clay last year and his form has been slowly returning after missing the early stages of 2018 with an injury

- He comes in after beating Vatutin & Gombos in qualifying, both wins coming in a deciding third set so he will be match tight & surface warm

- Struff is just 7-11 in 2018 and fell apart against Cecchinato in Budapest last week. His gamestyle is erratic and he can't be trusted to play consistently for a whole match

- Masur will be highly motivated having come through qualies, take him to cover the game spread against a mentally weak opponent. 

Yes, thank you for the write ups both seem sound pvass.

One thing I do like as a general comment is how something like playing two 3 setters can be negative or positive depending on your bet. If you predict them to win they are "match tight" and "surface warm" but no doubt if you pick them to lose they would be "tired" and "mentally fatigued" after two 3 setters. :)

Taro Daniel (+1.5 sets) to beat Aljaz Bedene at 1.98 with Unibet

Denisa Allertova (+1.5 sets) to beat Samantha Stosur at 1.62 with Unibet

Kirsten Flipkens to beat Alja Tomljanovic at 1.85 with Marathonbet

Going to keep things short today. Bedene was pretty crappy last week, too many struggles and Daniel is a quality player. Flipkens has a 4-0 record against Tomljanovic, who needed three sets against Soler-Espinosa in the previous round. Finally, I don't trust Stosur not to choke at least one set away under pressure against a solid home player.

Double

Gille/Vliegen - Karlovic/Zimonjic

Gille/Vliegen a very good Challenger Double. 

14 win

7 lost

Zimonic lost his last 10!!! Matches

Karlovic does not play very often and also unsuccessfully  ans he ist out in Single  

and they play together for the first time. That can not be done, because the space is too slow

1,8 great odd 

i know this is offtopic, but have yall seen, that players (especially in men competitions) who won 1st set, usually (i woulda say 70% at least) won 3rd set if its needed...or im just tripping, and my mind playin tricks on me (big OG Scarface fan)

Edited by MrCrossover

well i don't believe this bet lost!

Pedro served for the match at 5-3 in the second set.

and had match point at 5-4 in the second set.

:\

Pedro Sousa vs Joao Sousa

i don't really understand the odds on Pedro here having beaten Giles Simon on monday.

he is a very fine player indeed on clay and i'll be backing him to beat Joao @3.75 with bet365.

:ok

Edited by yogg