** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Apr 24th - 28th

champratings.jpg

It's a fractured week of Championship action with a couple of re-arranged games taking place on Tuesday before a full schedule on Friday and Saturday. The promotion, play-off, and relegation pictures could be a lot clearer come Sunday morning. Cardiff or Fulham could find themselves still deadlocked in a close fight or one of them could have potentially confirmed their place in the top flight with Wolves for next season. Even Aston Villa might sneak their way back into the reckoning.

The play-offs are still wide open. Two spots are already out of reach for teams outside the top six. However, any team from 11th place upwards is still in contention. That means Middlesbrough, Millwall, Derby, Brentford, Preston, Bristol City, and Sheffield United are all in with a chance. Will any more teams know their fate by the end of this week's play?

On the relegation front, Sunderland have already gone. Their dramatic and devastating loss to Burton sealed their destiny. Who will join them? Burton will join them if they lose to Bolton this week. Barnsley currently hold the last relegation spot but teams above such as Bolton, Birmingham, and Reading aren't safe yet.

Let us know your tips for these matches. I'll get a preview for the midweek Cardiff game up on Tuesday. Massive game for us Bluebirds. A win would put us one victory away from the Premier League! :ok

Derby County v Cardiff City

Derby County: Ikechi Anya (7/0 m), Sam Winnall (17/6 f)

Cardiff City: Lee Peltier (28/0 d), Jazz Richards (6/0 d)(both doubtful), Danny Ward (18/4 f), Craig Bryson (20/2 m, on loan from Derby)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Derby vs Cardiff

Huge game for my beloved Bluebirds tonight as we take on Derby away at Pride Park in a 7:45pm kick-off. It's the re-arranged match back from when the snow fell. The whole situation has been farcical. Even down to the verbal exchanges between the club officials, fans, and players. Yes, if you haven't seen the Sean Morrison Whatsapp video then probably best you don't waste your time!

This is a crunch game for Cardiff. A win here could potentially set it up for us to be automatically promoted this coming weekend away at Hull. Those that want us to fail are claiming this is a do or die game. It's not. It's a freebie. It's a chance to really move to the cusp of the Premier League.

I was delighted with the win last weekend against Nottingham Forest. I think given his own pre-season with the players, Karanka will do something with Forest next season. They are clearly a capable team already. It was a potential banana skin we avoided. One of the main reasons for that was the return of Joe Ralls but also the return to form of Aron Gunnarsson. His match-winning goal and THAT block after the Sol Bamba error summed up just why we are at the top against all the odds.

It'll be interesting to see what squad Warnock opts for here. He's done well to calm down the furore that had built between the clubs after snow-gate by being complimentary about Derby as a club. It's all mind games. He doesn't want Derby firing with a chip on their shoulder.

The form of the Rams has been woeful lately. Exactly like it was at the back-end of last season. It's suggested that Rowett pushes his players too much throughout the season so when it comes to the business end they have nothing left. Just 2 wins from their last 13 matches and 4 losses from their last 6 games appears to back that. Their home record isn't great either as they haven't even hit the 50% win ratio on home turf.

All the talk is about Cardiff's promotion hopes here but there's more pressure on Derby. We can afford to lose and still have matters in our own hands. If Derby lose tonight then their fate is taken out of their control. It's in front of their own fans and they'll get twitchy if things don't start well. I know. I've been there as a Cardiff fan. I'm quietly optimistic we can win this and look to seal promotion at the KC Stadium on the weekend. I think the draw no bet and less than 2.5 goals scored are the best bets here. Cheeky small wager on Kenneth Zohore to score anytime as well if you fancy it.

Cardiff Draw No Bet @ 1.80 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.83 with 188Bet

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @harry_rag, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, and @the bastardian, will any of you guys be betting on the two matches taking place tonight? Agree or disagree with my thoughts on the Cardiff game?

A couple of facts on the match between Nottingham Forest and Barnsley:

h2h record at Nottingham: 8/10 matches (80%) were Under 2.5 goals.

Nottingham Forest's at home this season: 11/21 games (52%) were Under 2.5 goals.

Barnsley's away record this season: 10/20 games (50%) were Under 2.5 goals.

Odds around 2.00 for the Under 2.5 goals are quite good.

Fulham vs Sunderland

Well, Tuesday was a bit of a bloody let down! So to avoid another huge disappointment I'm going to back Fulham to absolutely destroy Sunderland in this 7:45pm Friday night game at Craven Cottage. It's a must-win for Slavisa Jokanovic's side because a loss would allow Cardiff the chance to seal automatic promotion on Saturday against Hull.

Let's be honest, it's hard to see beyond a solid Fulham win. The Cottagers just keep on winning. It's 17 wins and 5 draws from their last 22 league games. That is an unbeaten run in this division that leads right back to 16th December, 2017. Hang on! Who was it that last beat Fulham in the league? That's right... Sunderland! What a twist!

I still think if Cardiff are to get promoted that they will need to win both of their remaining league games because I can't see Fulham dropping points right now. I really hope my chat here is going to jinx them. Apologies to any Fulham fans reading this! I really do think they'll win their remaining games starting with this one.

How does Chris Coleman pick up his Black Cats side after their stunning relegation last weekend? Well, their away form offers encouragement with just 1 defeat from their last 5 league games on the road. He's made them a tough side to break down. I simply don't think they'll have enough resolute character to keep Fulham at bay.

Fulham -1 @ 1.60 with BetStars

Anytime Scorer: Ryan Sessegnon @ 1.98 with 888Sport

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @harry_rag, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, and @the bastardian, what bets are you guys tipping then? Agree with my thoughts above?

On 24/04/2018 at 12:45 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

Derby vs Cardiff

Huge game for my beloved Bluebirds tonight as we take on Derby away at Pride Park in a 7:45pm kick-off. It's the re-arranged match back from when the snow fell. The whole situation has been farcical. Even down to the verbal exchanges between the club officials, fans, and players. Yes, if you haven't seen the Sean Morrison Whatsapp video then probably best you don't waste your time!

This is a crunch game for Cardiff. A win here could potentially set it up for us to be automatically promoted this coming weekend away at Hull. Those that want us to fail are claiming this is a do or die game. It's not. It's a freebie. It's a chance to really move to the cusp of the Premier League.

I was delighted with the win last weekend against Nottingham Forest. I think given his own pre-season with the players, Karanka will do something with Forest next season. They are clearly a capable team already. It was a potential banana skin we avoided. One of the main reasons for that was the return of Joe Ralls but also the return to form of Aron Gunnarsson. His match-winning goal and THAT block after the Sol Bamba error summed up just why we are at the top against all the odds.

It'll be interesting to see what squad Warnock opts for here. He's done well to calm down the furore that had built between the clubs after snow-gate by being complimentary about Derby as a club. It's all mind games. He doesn't want Derby firing with a chip on their shoulder.

The form of the Rams has been woeful lately. Exactly like it was at the back-end of last season. It's suggested that Rowett pushes his players too much throughout the season so when it comes to the business end they have nothing left. Just 2 wins from their last 13 matches and 4 losses from their last 6 games appears to back that. Their home record isn't great either as they haven't even hit the 50% win ratio on home turf.

All the talk is about Cardiff's promotion hopes here but there's more pressure on Derby. We can afford to lose and still have matters in our own hands. If Derby lose tonight then their fate is taken out of their control. It's in front of their own fans and they'll get twitchy if things don't start well. I know. I've been there as a Cardiff fan. I'm quietly optimistic we can win this and look to seal promotion at the KC Stadium on the weekend. I think the draw no bet and less than 2.5 goals scored are the best bets here. Cheeky small wager on Kenneth Zohore to score anytime as well if you fancy it.

Cardiff Draw No Bet @ 1.80 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.83 with 188Bet

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @harry_rag, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, and @the bastardian, will any of you guys be betting on the two matches taking place tonight? Agree or disagree with my thoughts on the Cardiff game?

I warned you they were going to bottle it!

ill have to call them the BlueBottles from now on:ok

Edited by Tiffy

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Fulham have been undefeated in their last 22 matches in Championship.
Fulham have scored in each of their last 22 matches in Championship.
Fulham have been undefeated in their last 14 home matches in Championship.
Fulham have scored in each of their last 14 home matches in Championship.
Sunderland conceded at least one goal in each of their last 16 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 80 Football Betting Streaks for 27.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-27-04-2018-9323

Hull vs Cardiff

Yes, @Tiffy, my father also said "they'll always let you down!". Still, I remain a confident Bluebird heading into these final two games. The Derby game was a catalogue of errors but Neil Warnock won't let that get into the heads of the players. The team has gone into lock down mode this week to ensure that no needless negativity from the minority of fans affects the players.

Our record against Hull over recent seasons hasn't been great. We haven't won at the KC Stadium since 26th February, 2011 and have only beaten the Tigers once in the past six meetings. However, crucially, that single victory came earlier this season so history might not tell us anything here.

Nigel Adkins has got Hull playing a lot better recently. He struggled to get them firing after being appointed back in December. He only won 1 of his first 10 league games in charge. Recent form has greatly improved and they are now 1 loss from their last 6 league games. It is a run of results that has eradicated any relegation fears.

Cardiff will need to dig deep after the disappointment against Derby in midweek. I think deep down all Cardiff fans knew it was going to be a tough one due to the bad blood created by snow gate and Sean Morrison's Whatsapp video about Richard Keogh being a bottle job. Nice one, Sean! Do their team talk for them!

Anyway, City fans have been keen to maintain perspective. If somebody said back in pre-season that we'd be on 86 points after 44 games and need to win our last 2 matches to get promoted then we'd have snatched at the opportunity. The players have been superb all season. They deserve our support for these final two games so I'm going to give it to them. I'm backing Cardiff to bounce back with a win here to take it to the final day with it still in our hands. I don't care if I get it wrong. I'd rather be wrong backing my team than right going against them! Come on, Bluebirds!!!

P.s. with my neutral pundit hat on I'd probably have to go for a 1-1 draw if I'm honest... :lol

Cardiff to win @ 2.25 with William Hill

BTTS @ 1.62 with SunBets

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Wolverhampton have won their last 4 matches in Championship.
Preston have scored in 73% of their away matches in Championship.
Wolverhampton have scored in each of their last 10 matches in Championship.
Aston Villa have scored in each of their last 11 home matches in Championship.
Derby County have scored in 73% of their away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 99 Football Betting Streaks for 28.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-28-04-2018-9326

Aston Villa v Derby County
2018, April 28, 16:00 hrs (CET Time)
English Championship

Aston Villa has made sure to participate in the promotion playoff, and although he still has odds of fighting for a direct promotion position, everything happens to win this match and define it in the last round, and the team will play at home this game, place where he has only lost two games, the same number as the leaders. He currently has a three-game winning streak, and in the last 10 at the Championship home, he has only lost one against QPR and the 1-1 draw against Preston North End, winning a victory over the Wolves, the top the competition

The Deby County has had a crisis of results that have made him fall to the last position that participates in the playoff of promotion, and the situation is complicated by having Millwall to two points and Brentford to three points. And his last game will be complicated despite playing at home, as he will face Barnsley who is in the middle of the fight not to relegate and will make things difficult.

While the team managed to win the last game against the third classified Cardiff City, the team had three games without a win so things are complicated, and more when in this game is at away, where they previously got a streak of four games without losing, with a victory in that period, but now has two games without winning, highlighting the defeat at home of Burton Albion, one of those involved in relegation positions.

So in this last home game, the Aston Villa part of favorite and should get a good result, it is possible that the Derby focus on defending and trying to get a victory, but it is complicated seeing the good performance of the Aston Villa , additionally that in the encounter of the last season in the Vlla Park, the result was favorable to the home team.

Aston Villa -0.25 AH with 6 units @ 1.97 at Pinnacle

13 hours ago, Xcout said:

Result:

Aston VIlla 1 - 1 Derby County

- 3 units

I'm surprised Aston Villa didn't win this. Derby were gifted the win against us and have been poor as of late. I thought Villa had solid enough form at home to get the three points. Another unlucky call for you this week. Derby only had 28% possession and the home side had over three times as many shots as the visitors. Just lacking that clinical finish.