** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Predictions > Apr 24th & 25th

uclratings.jpg

The Champions League Semi-Finals are coming up next week. Premier League club Liverpool take on Serie A side Roma in the first tie. Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich then face reigning Champions League winners Real Madrid in the second match-up. Give us your betting tips ahead of the games or any thoughts you have on how these games may pan out. :ok

Liverpool vs Roma

The first Champions League Semi-Final takes place tonight when Premier League side Liverpool host Serie A team Roma in a 7:45pm kick-off at Anfield. My first impression is that the bookies might be backing the home side a little too heavily for my liking heading into this game. That's not to say the favourites tag is unfair for the Reds. It's just there is little value in backing them to win.

Odds on a victory for Jurgen Klopp's side are similar to the odds enjoyed by Pep Guardiola's Manchester City in this competition. Yes, the Reds have secured some impressive wins in this competition but Eusebio Di Francesco's men are no push overs and will provide stern opposition tonight.

In fact, if you compare the squads man-for-man it could be argued that Roma have the stronger side. The likes of Alisson in goal, Aleksandar Kolarov and Kostas Manolas in defence, Radja Naingollan, Kevin Strootman, Daniele De Rossi, and Alessandro Florenzi in midfield with Diego Perotti and Edin Dzeko up front. It's a very solid side and it's no surprise they have reached this stage of the competition. The only sticking point for me is that Roma have lost their last three away games in this competition.

Undoubtedly, backing goals for this game is the sensible option. Liverpool have scored 34 goals during their last 12 competitive matches at Anfield. Add to that the fact that Roma have scored in every one of their away matches in the Champions League this season.

BTTS @ 1.82 with Unibet

Anytime Scorer: Mohamed Salah @ 1.80 with 888Sport

@vasilli07, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @dorleywilliams, @soccerprediction123, @jamiedavies02, @TOTTI3, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, @wcz, @newjack, @cluelessG, and @WinningAdvice, what are you guys looking to bet on in these two upcoming matches? Any thoughts on my tips above?

1 hour ago, sajtion said:

my personal feeling is that ac roma could win this maybe 1-2. liverpool are not as good defensively as ac roma showed against barcelona. they will imo concede at least one goal tonight

This doesn’t make sense, respectfully.

Roma conceded 4 goals away to Barcelona while Liverpool conceded 1 to Man City away and zero at home including zero shots on target.  Also before the Barca tie Roma conceded 2 goals to a Shakhtar team that is well below this standard of competition.  

6 months ago I’d be banging on about Liverpool’s poor defence, but more experience for their young defenders and the addition of VVD has changed that for me.  

1 minute ago, matt-e-matticle said:

This doesn’t make sense, respectfully.

Roma conceded 4 goals away to Barcelona while Liverpool conceded 1 to Man City away and zero at home including zero shots on target.  Also before the Barca tie Roma conceded 2 goals to a Shakhtar team that is well below this standard of competition.  

6 months ago I’d be banging on about Liverpool’s poor defence, but more experience for their young defenders and the addition of VVD has changed that for me.  

Yeah, the form of Robertson and addition of Van Dijk has certainly sorted their defensive issues out. I can still see both teams scoring but think it'll be more for the attacking prowess of the two sides rather than their defensive vulnerabilities.

Tournament: Champions League
Date/Time: 24.04.2018/20:45 CET
Event: Liverpool - Roma
Pick: Roma +0.75 Ah.
Odds: 2.46 (10:00 CET) 

Champions League Semi-final for this event I will take Roma +0.75 Ah. Avg. odds (1.50 - 4.80 - 7.20)
My advice is grounded several important reasons.
1. Both teams have reached here after they made very strong games in the elimination phase.
At 1/4 finals Liverpool broke Man.sity in both games, Roma threw the bomb came back from a 3 goals 
deficit against Barcelona to make it to this stage in the competition.
2. Roma have won 4, drawn 1, and lost 2 of their 7 games with Liverpool, 
the last 3 consecutive wins for the Italians have been in friendly games 2012,2014,2016.
3. Roma comes in full strength, all major players will play tonight while for Liverpool 
will be absent two very good players Matip (25/1) and Can (26/3).
4. The strongest weapon tonight all expected to be again Salah but: important is I to note
the fact that Salah was a player of the Romans seasons 2015-2016, 2016 - 2017
his former teammates excellent knowledge of its properties 
and Di Francesco will take the best option for conservation the man who decides many games during the season. 
I will write a few linesOn the other hand for Dzeko 
who has a lot of experience in Premier League as a play for Manchester City 5 seasons (2011-2016) and scored 50 goals.
5. Now I go back to the beginning of the Champions league season and I see a few very important things:
Liverpool against Sevilla Avg. odds for victory @1.65 (2:2 FT) 
Liverpool against Spartak Moscow Avg. odds for victory @1.50 (1:1 FT)
Liverpool against Porto Avg. odds for victory @1.45 (0:0 FT)
Roma against Chelsea Avg. odds for victory Chelsea @1.55 (3:3).

Tonight I expect strong game in defense from Roma with good counterattacks in which they are very good and I do not believe
from what I saw this season that Liverpool will win this game because when they are the top favorite
in the games very hard they win. For our strategy/best value option is Roma +0.75 Asian handicap 

"Energy and persistence conquer all things"

There is no clear favorite for the qualification, the two teams have a tradition in the institution and have excellent offensive lines and can see an open match with many goals and phases, I will risk with the many goals
FC BAYERN MUNICH vs REAL MADRID @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.55

Football Facts and Streaks regarding UEFA Champions League

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Real Madrid's last 7 games in UEFA Champions League.
Real Madrid have won their last 3 away games against Bayern in all competitions.
Bayern are undefeated in their last 8 games in UEFA Champions League.

You can find interesting 45 Football Betting Streaks for 25.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-25-04-2018-9303

Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Wow, games do not come much bigger than this epic clash between Bayern Munich and Real Madrid tonight in a 7:45pm kick-off at the Allianz Arena. Two of the favourites to win this competition at the start but one will exit at the Semi-Final stage but which one?

This game is all about Bayern's former Real manager Jupp Heynckes. He played a key role is helping Real regain their status as one of Europe's biggest clubs by guiding them to the trophy back in 1998. There is certain to be little love lost between the two parties with Real sacking Heynckes just 8 days after he won the Champions League due to finishing 4th in La Liga. Could history repeat itself for Zinedine Zidane?

Real have the chance to become the first club to win the Champions League three seasons in a row. It would be an incredible feat for a side that has struggled to compete for the top flight title on the domestic front. However, denying Heynckes the chance to be just the third manager, alongside Carlo Ancelotti and Bob Paisley, to win the Champions League trophy three times might spur them on.

Cristiano Ronaldo will once again be the player to watch. The Portuguese national team captain has scored in every single Champions League game for Real so far this season. In total, he has scored 42 goals across all competitions. Only Mo Salah has a more prolific record. It makes sense to back him to continue that form here.

In terms of an outright winner this really is too close to call. This would be many people's dream final. There is very little separating these two sides. Going on domestic form then you'd have to fancy Bayern. This is its own entity though. Zidane knows how to get Real firing in Europe and they remain a very dangerous unit in knock-out competition. I certainly think both teams will score and I think Bayern may just edge the home leg.

Bayern Munich to win @ 2.08 with Unibet

BTTS @ 1.50 with SunBets