** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > April 21st

Darran

5 bets for Saturday hoping to build on the profits from mid-week.

Ebbsfleet v Sutton

I am happy to continue to oppose Sutton which has proven to be very profitable of late. Another loss on Tuesday to Maidenhead and all of a sudden their guaranteed play-off is looking under threat. As I have said before I am sure they will be quite happy if they don't even make the play-offs. Ebbsfleet on the other hand are on a superb run of form that has seen them enter the top 7 at just the right time and if they win this they will join Sutton on 73 points. They are unbeaten in 6 now having won 4 and Marathon's 127/100 makes plenty of appeal.

Leyton Orient v Wrexham
Ebbsfleet's last win was over Wrexham on Tuesday night where they ran out 3-0 winners and it just highlights how out of form Wrexham are at the moment. Up until the point Darren Keats left you would have said they were nailed on to finish in the top 7, but it has been a disaster since he left to join Walsall. They have only picked up 2 points in their last 5 games and in their last 10 games they have only beaten Chester and Maidstone. It was disappointing Orient lost to Hartlepool on Tuesday night, but I think they will be keen to finish the season on a high and they are certainly in better form than Wrexham going into this game. I am happy to take 73/50 about the home win with Marathon.

Hungerford v Whitehawk
I am going with Whitehawk again here and they were unlucky to lose out by the odd goal in 7 to Braintree on Tuesday after being in front and as I keep saying they are much better than their current league position. Hungerford are bang out of form having lost 7 of their last 8 games and their only win in that time was against Poole who are one place below them in the table. I think Whitehawk should be favourites here and I fancy them stronger at Sportingbet's 12/5.

Stafford v Shaw Lane
Into the Evo-Stok Northern Premier and we have Stafford who have lost just twice in their last 10 games and have only played 3 times this month, playing a Shaw Lane side who have played 7 games this month and this will be their 4th game in a week. They have only won two of those games and I think they have been priced up more on the fact they need to win to try and get into the play-offs rather than the form of the respective teams and the fact Stafford will have the fresher legs.

Gosport v Frome
Backing a team who have only won twice this season with just one week of the season left is hardly a route to making money, but I think it is worth backing the home side here at massive odds. Frome have lost their manager and some players in last couple of weeks which has left them short. They only had 12 players when losing 5-1 to Hitchin and then only had one more when drawing 1-1 with a Farnbourgh side who are also struggling for players and are in dreadful form. Now Gosport have had some heavy defeats of late, but they have also picked up points against Biggleswade and St Ives. My thinking is they are targeting games where they think they can pick up games in an attempt to get themselves off the bottom of the Evo-Stik Southern Premier table, something that would keep them up. In those two games they only conceded a goal in the 6 other games in their last 8 matches they have conceded 27 goals including 7 against Kettering on Tuesday night. It is that stat that makes me think they are easing off when playing the better sides in the division. Gosport will see this as a game they can get something out off given Frome's issues and for me they are worth backing at 15/2 with Skybet.

Ebbsfleet 1pt @ 127/100 with Marathon
Leyton Orient 1pt @ 73/50 with Marathon
Whitehawk 3pts @ 12/5 with Sportingbet
Stafford 1pt @ 17/10 with BetVictor
Gosport 1pt @ 15/2 with Skybet

2 things to point out. I noticed today that Marathon cut the odds as soon as I put my bet on with them on games below the National League so worth using an odds comparision site to find the best price as Marathon still might be biggest. Also just been pointed out that the Gosport price has gone with Skybet. The game isn't on oddschecker so do have a look at individual bookies. I only looked at Marathon and Skybet but others will probably have the game priced up.

regarding Staford - Shaw Lane, Staford have played Semi-final and won during the week, and on Tuesday they will have final. Maybe their attention will be on the cup, and their legs are fresher but not so much

Edited by hariton

They were playing a team from 3 leagues below would have been little more than a pre season friendly and probably better than having a training session which they would have had on Tuesday night if they hadn’t been playing the game. The final doesn’t even have a date yet so it’s not like it’s next week or anything and it doesn’t change my viewpoint on the game at all.

there is a date, the club is arranging the coach already for the fans for the Tuesday night:

"

As if you have chance to catch your breath, do not forget the Staffs Senior Cup final on Stoke’s ground on Tuesday night (7:30 ko) against our old rivals from the other side of Cannock Chase, Hednesford.

Coach available for Staffs Senior Cup Final next Tuesday. £12 adults £5 children leaving around 5:30pm – 6pm"

Fair enough didn’t see it in their fixture list. Still doesn’t make any difference to the bet for me and more importantly it is the managers last home game in charge before he quits before the end of the season so extra motivation for them to put on a good performance.

today I fancy these teams as potential winners:

utd of manchester(generous price to try a chance on them,alfreton has been inconsistent)

Tiverton(not big difference between these 2 teams,can win against redditch)

coalville(same as above,not much to differentiate.price is good to try)

tonbridge(lowestoft has been inconsistent,tonbridge has been more regular)

What an afternoon that has been! Gosport won 7-0 (thought I was only going to land 1 big prize big winner this season when Folkestone beat Dover) and Whitehawk land the big price Nap as well. Orient also won to add to the profits. Just one more week of the normal season to go!