** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Snooker Championship

Timmy1515

37 minutes ago, mcsilks said:

I have a feeling Bingham will turn this around. He's had a result only trailing by one and I don't believe Lisowski can have as good a session as that again against such a class opponent as Bingham.

Experience will tell. Bingham 10:8

I can still see Ballrun winning just not by the margin i first thought 

Second round starts today and there are some mouth watering match ups.

Mark Allen v Joe Perry

The head says Mark Allen, but how can I back against Perry having taken out Selby with ease and playing an opponent that has a very average record at the crucible. Added to that, Perry beat Allen in their most recent encounter at the UK Championship. I'll take Perry @ 6/4.

Kyren Wilson v Jamie Jones

I make Wilson strong favourite here against a player in Jones that has done precious little this season. Granted, Jones took Smurf out in the 1st round, but he did rather contrive to lose that match. Wilson has been consistently reaching the latter stages of all of the majors this season. I'll be having a play at the handicap and Wilson -3.5 @ 11/10 looks tempting.

John Higgins v Jack Lisowski

Difficult one to call this one. Higgins loves the crucible, but Lisowski has played well in their recent meetings. I think it could be close and Lisowski +3.5 @ EVE will hook me in.

Barry Hawkins v Lyu Haotian

Will leave this one well alone. The Hawk has to improve from his dreadful performance in the 1st round and he will do. Lyu wasn't great against Fu. The bookies say Hawkins to win comfortably and I'll go along with that.

Mark Williams v Robert Milkins

Again, little value here either. MJW should steamroll an inconsistent Milkins, but you never know which Milkins will turn up. 

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ali Carter

Carter is for me, the weakest player left in the draw. I doubt they'll play many frames of their 3rd session if at all. Ronnie's B game has won him 5 tournaments already this season and he'll be far too much for Ali. I'll take Ronnie -5.5 even at the daft price of 10/11.

Ding was the standout of the 1st round performers for me and I've taken him @ 9/1 to win the whole thing.

15 minutes ago, mcsilks said:

Second round starts today and there are some mouth watering match ups.

Mark Allen v Joe Perry

The head says Mark Allen, but how can I back against Perry having taken out Selby with ease and playing an opponent that has a very average record at the crucible. Added to that, Perry beat Allen in their most recent encounter at the UK Championship. I'll take Perry @ 6/4.

Kyren Wilson v Jamie Jones

I make Wilson strong favourite here against a player in Jones that has done precious little this season. Granted, Jones took Smurf out in the 1st round, but he did rather contrive to lose that match. Wilson has been consistently reaching the latter stages of all of the majors this season. I'll be having a play at the handicap and Wilson -3.5 @ 11/10 looks tempting.

John Higgins v Jack Lisowski

Difficult one to call this one. Higgins loves the crucible, but Lisowski has played well in their recent meetings. I think it could be close and Lisowski +3.5 @ EVE will hook me in.

Barry Hawkins v Lyu Haotian

Will leave this one well alone. The Hawk has to improve from his dreadful performance in the 1st round and he will do. Lyu wasn't great against Fu. The bookies say Hawkins to win comfortably and I'll go along with that.

Mark Williams v Robert Milkins

Again, little value here either. MJW should steamroll an inconsistent Milkins, but you never know which Milkins will turn up. 

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ali Carter

Carter is for me, the weakest player left in the draw. I doubt they'll play many frames of their 3rd session if at all. Ronnie's B game has won him 5 tournaments already this season and he'll be far too much for Ali. I'll take Ronnie -5.5 even at the daft price of 10/11.

Ding was the standout of the 1st round performers for me and I've taken him @ 9/1 to win the whole thing.

Get ready to back against my selections as my snooker bets are ****. 

I did say snooker brings out the mug punter in me lol

not what I'm backing but 2nd rd winners I see

Allen, Jones, Higgins, Williams, Ronnie

the only bet i have outstanding is Higgins E/W which atm I'm very happy with :ok.

I'll look later and post the bets I'm doing 

20 minutes ago, ElPrincipito007 said:

Perry @2,53

Quite a good performance against Selby in the first round. I can't see him as such a big underdog after what i saw in the first round.

Hi @ElPrincipito007 ,

How are you ? Right I will disagree with you here but I won't be having a bet so I hope you win :ok. Let's Start with Joe Perry good player no question about it but against Mark Selby he was put under no pressure in fact it was made easy for him. Selby was in first a few times but didn't punish Joe. When Joe is under pressure and not feeling confident he does this stupid thing with his eye brow he starts lifting them up and down lol (look out for that). So if you see him doing that then you know he's in bother.

Mark Allen you don't see the best of Mark Allen intill he is behide or his back is up against the wall he has loads of bottle and one man I would back even at 9-0 down in the best of 19. Now Highfield played well but I don't think Allen thought he would ever lose that game so he coasted. 

Now Allen would of loved to play Selby I'm not saying he would of won but he would be right up for it and come out fight right away. He knows Perry can beat him If Allen gets a good start I can see Perry pegging him back then Allen going on to win. But also if Perry gets a good start it will bring the best out of Allen and he will peg Perry back. I believe that Allen is much better under pressure then Perry and that will play a huge role in this match.

So after all that I have talk myself into having a bet on Mark Allen :loon  will post my bet later :eek

4 minutes ago, Sir Puntalot said:

Such a strange WC with Ronnie and Selby out. Especially Ronnie though, snooker will be on its knees when he retires. :sad 

I think it's brilliant the two big hitters are out :ok and not just because I have John Higgins E/W. You could now make a case for all 8 winning from here. I like all the quarter final line ups and it's been a good watch for me betting wise it's not been the best :@

On Mark Allen now @ 2.68  Like I've said before you tend to see the best of Mark Allen when behide and I don't think to much on Wilson Score about to go 6-4 Wilson when bet was placed :ok

Edited by FootballBettingPredictor

1 hour ago, FootballBettingPredictor said:

On Mark Allen now @ 2.68  Like I've said before you tend to see the best of Mark Allen when behide and I don't think to much on Wilson Score about to go 6-4 Wilson when bet was placed :ok

Just tuned in to see Allen losing 10-5 :loon I give up :eyes

On 20/04/2018 at 6:43 AM, Striker said:

Good Luck lads

Outright I like John Higgins

Having a good season and knows how to get the job done at the Crucible

Each Way @ 12-1 Betway

On 20/04/2018 at 3:47 PM, harry_rag said:

Have followed on that. Also on Hawkins at 27/1 with Lads as saw him tipped elsewhere. (Used price boost for that, 25/1 best generally available).

I know nothing about the sport but I ended up having a look at the spread prices in relation to fixed odds and it did flag the 12/1 as an interesting price.

On 21/04/2018 at 3:20 PM, FootballBettingPredictor said:

With Selby looking like going out (long way to go still)

I can't see anyone stopping John Higgins getting to the Final

Back Higgins to win the World Championship @ 10.00 E/W (Betfred)

Second thing is Matthew Stevens is suffering with something he doesn't look 100% fit worth keeping an eye on currently leading 1-0

@Striker @harry_rag Well done I didn't get the 12/1 but half the job is done hopefully he can finish the job:ok