** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Snooker Championship

Timmy1515

With the draw tomorrow the seed's will find out who they get in the first round. Some eye catching results in the qualifiers last round. Jamie Jones beating Wenbo 10-0 :eek being one. The players I feel the seeds will wanna avoid are I would say Ryan Day, Joe Perry, Stephen Maguire, Graeme Dott. The next set of players would then be Jamie Jones, Ricky Walden. The Players I think are cannon fodder are Liam Highfield, Jimmy Robertson, Xiao Guodong, Chris Wakelin and Jack Lisowski these players for me don't play well under the lights (on Tv) the rest have questions marks over players Like Milkins and Stevens could be dangerous Un Nooh is great to watch attacking snooker but the good players with a good safety game will tear him apart.

Discuss the championship is just around the corner and with the draw tomorrow I just cant wait 

Edited by FootballBettingPredictor

Draw is made 

World Championship (21 Apr - 7 May 2018)
Rd 1 (19) England Mark Selby [1]   v   England Joe Perry [22] Head to head Sat 21 Apr 11am
Sat 21 Apr 8pm
Rd 1 (19) Hong Kong Marco Fu [11]   v   China Lü Haotian [68] Head to head Sat 21 Apr 11am
Sun 22 Apr 8pm
Rd 1 (19) England Kyren Wilson [9]   v   Wales Matthew Stevens [52] Head to head Sat 21 Apr 3:30pm
Sun 22 Apr 8pm
Rd 1 (19) England Ronnie O'Sullivan [2]   v   Scotland Stephen Maguire [18] Head to head Sat 21 Apr 3:30pm
Sun 22 Apr 11am
Rd 1 (19) England Allister Carter [15]   v   Scotland Graeme Dott [21] Head to head Sat 21 Apr 8pm
Sun 22 Apr 3:30pm
Rd 1 (19) Northern Ireland Mark Allen [16]   v   England Liam Highfield [64] Head to head Sun 22 Apr 11am
Mon 23 Apr 11am
Rd 1 (19) England Shaun Murphy [8]   v   Wales Jamie Jones [51] Head to head Sun 22 Apr 3:30pm
Mon 23 Apr 3:30pm
Rd 1 (19) England Barry Hawkins [6]   v   England Stuart Carrington [56] Head to head Mon 23 Apr 11am
Mon 23 Apr 8pm
Rd 1 (19) China Ding Junhui [3]   v   China Xiao Guodong [25] Head to head Mon 23 Apr 3:30pm
Tue 24 Apr 11am
Rd 1 (19) Belgium Luca Brecel [13]   v   England Ricky Walden [27] Head to head Mon 23 Apr 8pm
Tue 24 Apr 3:30pm
Rd 1 (19) England Stuart Bingham [12]   v   England Jack Lisowski [30] Head to head Tue 24 Apr 11am
Tue 24 Apr 8pm
Rd 1 (19) Wales Mark J Williams [7]   v   England Jimmy Robertson [34] Head to head Tue 24 Apr 3:30pm
Wed 25 Apr 11am
Rd 1 (19) Australia Neil Robertson [10]   v   England Robert Milkins [37] Head to head Tue 24 Apr 8pm
Wed 25 Apr 3:30pm
Rd 1 (19) Scotland John Higgins [5]   v   Thailand Thepchaiya Un-Nooh [58] Head to head Wed 25 Apr 11am
Wed 25 Apr 8pm
Rd 1 (19) England Judd Trump [4]   v   England Chris Wakelin [55] Head to head Wed 25 Apr 3:30pm
Thu 26 Apr 8pm
Rd 1 (19) Scotland Anthony McGill [14]   v   Wales Ryan Day [17] Head to head Wed 25 Apr 8pm
Thu 26 Apr 2pm

Mags vs Ronnie 1st round :eek. Higgins, Trump Williams, Bingham, Allen, Ding and Carter I say will be over the moon with the 1st round draw.

McGill, Murphy, Ronnie and Selby wont be best pleased.

as for seeds going out 1st rd McGill, Wilson, Brecel, Carter, would be the ones who could fall.

Also I think Mags as a good chance of taking Ronnie out due to the time of the second session. If he can get out the 1st session well then I fancy him in the morning session to get the job done over Ronnie. Ding is a player that struggles in morning sessions for me to but I feel by the 1st session he will have a good lead. 

All ifs buts and maybe's at the mo will post would I will be backing to win the title and an outside E/W later

I Must say Snooker does bring out the mug punter in me :D. Hopefully in the next 6-12 months I would of developed a system of compiling odds for it but forget that for now :lol.

1st Rd Accy (with Betfred)

Bingham, Higgins, Allen, Trump, Ding and Williams all to win odds 5.14

Singles

Maguire @ 3.75

Stevens @ 3.00

Jones @ 3.50

The accy I expect to win or go close the singles I just like the prices on offer

Good luck to all

Lu Haotian has a winning record against Marco Fu and added to that, Fu has barely picked up a cue this year due to problematic eye surgery. Lu is great value at 7/4.

K. Wilson won't have any problems dealing with Matthew Stevens. Wilson dumped Stevens out 2 years ago, and he is a much improved player since then also. At 2/5, there is some value there.

Bingham is another I fancy to win, and at 1/2, that'll do nicely to make up a treble.

I'm finding it more difficult each year to find banker accumulators, even in the World Snooker 1st round. Barry Hearn has a lot to answer for with the snooker punters as he has somewhat brought the field together with his million and one tournaments a season.

Hi @ElPrincipito007 & @mcsilks

Good Luck with the selections 

I can't back Lyu Haotian as it's his first time here Some settle well and some crumble not sure which one he will be but hope he wins for both of you.

I don't see the player others see in K Wilson. What I will say is Matthew has got his nut down and a couple of years ago I was backing against him for fun Stevens that is. I'll stick my neck out and say this will be one of the worst games this year :lol. But that's just my opinion.

I to see Bingham as a big price so hope we are both right on that selection.

I'm sure we will disagree on a lot this week and I'll be wrong a lot :( . But I will be watching from the first ball intill the last :)  

9 hours ago, Striker said:

Good Luck lads

Outright I like John Higgins

Having a good season and knows how to get the job done at the Crucible

Each Way @ 12-1 Betway

Have followed on that. Also on Hawkins at 27/1 with Lads as saw him tipped elsewhere. (Used price boost for that, 25/1 best generally available).

I know nothing about the sport but I ended up having a look at the spread prices in relation to fixed odds and it did flag the 12/1 as an interesting price.

@Striker & @harry_rag

John Higgins for me looks nailed on for the Semi- Finals so If I'm correct 12/1 wont last long when he's in the semi finals. Only Selby in the top half would beat Higgins for me so if you can get Selby beat before the semi final I can easily see John in the Final.

As for Barry Hawkins I'd me amazed if he didn't at least get through to the Q Final's. But Barry is one those players who can get beat from 9-0 up with the match the best of 19. I've seen him crumble and blow leads time and time again a match in the uk open when winning I think 5-0 to Nigel Bond and lost 6-5. So don't be surprised if you see him blow a big lead.

I'm like a kid on christmas eve can't wait for tomorrow :ok

Am I missing something here, e.g. a change in the number of matches or frames being played this year?

I was initially inclined to back >79 century breaks at 4/5 based on spreads in the high 80s but, on closer examination, it's the spreads that look questionable.

From what I can see, the number of centuries over the last 10 renewals has been:

74-86-86-58-55-71-74-60-83-62 (average 70.9)

On that basis, the number of centuries looks a rock solid sell at 86.5? Anyone point out a valid reason for such an apparently high spread this year?

Hi @harry_rag

The format has not changed Barry Hearn on the other hand would love nothing more then to change the format to best of 7's.

1st rd matches are best of 19

2nd round and QF's are best of 25

Semi Final best of 33

with the Final best of 35

so it's not changed from last year I can't comment on the spread as it's not a market I take interest in sorry 

Cheers, I've risked a sell at 86. Bottom line, I lose money if it's a record breaking year, otherwise I show at least a small profit. Think of it as an under/over line that appears to have been set too high.

Another couple of interest bets that caught my eye:

O'Sullivan to make a 147 break at 10/1 with Betfred (standout price compared to elsewhere)

O'Sullivan and Trump to both make a 147 break at 125/1 with Skybet (probably a mug bet now I've taken a closer look at the stats but, for a quid staked, who cares)!

Day 1

10am

Mark Selby Vs Joe Perry

Sometimes Mark Selby can start slowly that's Mark Slowby How I like to name him :$. So I have a couple of bets to kick off the world championship

Joe Perry to win 1st frame @ 2.37

Joe Perry to win 1st Mini Session (win at least 3 out of the first 4 Frames) @ 4.00

All bets are with Betfred 

Day 1

10am

Mark Selby Vs Joe Perry

Sometimes Mark Selby can start slowly that's Mark Slowby How I like to name him :$. So I have a couple of bets to kick off the world championship

Joe Perry to win 1st frame @ 2.37 WON

Joe Perry to win 1st Mini Session (win at least 3 out of the first 4 Frames) @ 4.00 WON 

All bets are with Betfred 

Happy with the start :ok

These pockets on table 2 look MASSIVE 

Next up on table 2 Ronnie Vs Mags

Ronnie O Sullivan Vs Stephen Maguire

Highest Break Over/Under

129 or more @ 1.91

can see this being won in the first 4 frames 

Big break a plenty on table 2 :ok

With Selby looking like going out (long way to go still)

I can't see anyone stopping John Higgins getting to the Final

Back Higgins to win the World Championship @ 10.00 E/W (Betfred)

Second thing is Matthew Stevens is suffering with something he doesn't look 100% fit worth keeping an eye on currently leading 1-0

As I said before If Mags could do well in the 1st session I'd fancy him to finish the job in the second session But as I already have a bet on him to win here lets look at some other bets.

Mags to win 1st frame @ 2.38 Betfred  Lost

Mags to hit over a 50 break in frame 10 @ 3.20 Betfred Lost

Mark Allen will win this match no doubt in my mind BUT he plays his best snooker when behide. He's not the greastest when he's a heavy fav

so I will be looking for him to go behide before backing him.

Not the start i was looking for today :lol

Mark Allen is a much better player when behide I don't think he is a good front runner so I'll take a chance on a few

Liam Highfield +4.5 frames @ 1.95

Mark Allens wins but I don't think we will see his best snooker unless Liam closes the gap :ok

On 19/04/2018 at 12:58 PM, FootballBettingPredictor said:

I Must say Snooker does bring out the mug punter in me :D. Hopefully in the next 6-12 months I would of developed a system of compiling odds for it but forget that for now :lol.

1st Rd Accy (with Betfred)

Bingham, Higgins, Allen, Trump, Ding and Williams all to win odds 5.14

Singles

Maguire @ 3.75 LOST

Stevens @ 3.00 LOST 

Jones @ 3.50 WON 

The accy I expect to win or go close the singles I just like the prices on offer

Good luck to all

small profit on the singles

8 hours ago, FootballBettingPredictor said:

Mark Allen is a much better player when behide I don't think he is a good front runner so I'll take a chance on a few

Liam Highfield +4.5 frames @ 1.95 LOST

Mark Allens wins but I don't think we will see his best snooker unless Liam closes the gap :ok

Liam could of won at least 1 more frame :(

On 21/04/2018 at 1:16 PM, FootballBettingPredictor said:

These pockets on table 2 look MASSIVE 

Next up on table 2 Ronnie Vs Mags

Ronnie O Sullivan Vs Stephen Maguire

Highest Break Over/Under

129 or more @ 1.91 LOST

can see this being won in the first 4 frames 

Big break a plenty on table 2 :ok

Frame 6 ronnie should of made the break missed the blue on 118 :(

up and down for me so far hopefully acca comes in 

12 hours ago, FootballBettingPredictor said:

Barry Hawkins likes to throw away a lead this match will go past midnight I predict 

Stuart Carrington +3.5 frames @ 2.00 Betfred WON

Finshed at 11:57pm so my prediction was wrong :(

BUT I did win on the +3.5 frames :ok

Ding Junhui v Xiao Guodong

Ding doesn't not like playing in the morning I'm glad he has a good 6-3 lead going into the 2nd session as I have him in my acca.

So with this in mind I'm having a few bets 

Ding Junhui v Xiao Guodong - 10th Frame Betting Live

Xiao Guodong @ 2.05

Ding Junhui v Xiao Guodong - 11th Frame Betting Live

Xiao Guodong @ 2.05

Ding Junhui v Xiao Guodong - Handicaps Live - 

Xiao Guodong +4.5 @ 1.67

prices are from william hill 

Stuart Bingham v Jack Lisowski 

Jack Lisowski a talent no doubt a few years ago looked a good prospect. Friends with Judd Trump and they were compared to each other. Then he fell of the radar and now is coming back so I guess you expect me to pick this great player to take out Stuart Bingham.

Well you would be wrong :lol I've seen a lot of Jack and like I've said before he doesn't perform at big events under the lights of a t.v event. Stuart Bingham has been off the tour so a bit (we all know why) But trust me he will get chance after chance in this game and if he is at his very best Bingham he will win this with loads to spare. Jack will come out flying I expect he will have many backers but I'll back my judgement on what I've seen before.

Stuart Bingham v Jack Lisowski - Alternative Handicap Betting 

Stuart Bingham -4.5 @ 3.75

Stuart Bingham -5.5 @ 5.00

Single

Stuart Bingham @ 1.53

1st Mini Session Betting

Stuart Bingham @ 2.60 (needs to win 3 out of the first 4 frames)

also Bingham is in my acca :eek so if he fails I loss a lot and lets face it I've lost a lot of bets this week on the snooker :loon

all prices are with William hill I started of betting at betfred for the world championship but william hill have more markets 

2 hours ago, FootballBettingPredictor said:

Ding Junhui v Xiao Guodong

Ding doesn't not like playing in the morning I'm glad he has a good 6-3 lead going into the 2nd session as I have him in my acca.

So with this in mind I'm having a few bets 

Ding Junhui v Xiao Guodong - 10th Frame Betting Live

Xiao Guodong @ 2.05

Ding Junhui v Xiao Guodong - 11th Frame Betting Live

Xiao Guodong @ 2.05

Ding Junhui v Xiao Guodong - Handicaps Live - 

Xiao Guodong +4.5 @ 1.67

prices are from william hill 

note to self dont bet on snooker :lol:lol

3 hours ago, FootballBettingPredictor said:

Stuart Bingham v Jack Lisowski 

Jack Lisowski a talent no doubt a few years ago looked a good prospect. Friends with Judd Trump and they were compared to each other. Then he fell of the radar and now is coming back so I guess you expect me to pick this great player to take out Stuart Bingham.

Well you would be wrong :lol I've seen a lot of Jack and like I've said before he doesn't perform at big events under the lights of a t.v event. Stuart Bingham has been off the tour so a bit (we all know why) But trust me he will get chance after chance in this game and if he is at his very best Bingham he will win this with loads to spare. Jack will come out flying I expect he will have many backers but I'll back my judgement on what I've seen before.

Stuart Bingham -4.5 @ 3.75

Stuart Bingham -5.5 @ 5.00

Single

Stuart Bingham @ 1.53

1st Mini Session Betting

Stuart Bingham @ 2.60 (needs to win 3 out of the first 4 frames)

also Bingham is in my acca :eek so if he fails I loss a lot and lets face it I've lost a lot of bets this week on the snooker :loon

all prices are with William hill I started of betting at betfred for the world championship but william hill have more markets 

I can't breathe with the amount of egg on my face :$ :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol