** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

best live odds feeds?

Hi Stefan

I don't think such a service exists in UK Racing. The prices of the horses are relayed from the track direct to the bookmakers via their representatives.
The prices in the markets change almost instantly so I don't think their is an edge if thats what you are looking for?

The Exchanges definitely lead the way in betting markets and watching the exchange prices can usually tell you what horse is about to shorten or lengthen.

Maybe in the US or elsewhere it may be different?

The only live odds I know of are the live show on Sportinglife.com. You can access these by selecting the racecard for the race you are interested in and there is a tab for 'live show' at the top. The prices only begin updating from on-course about 10 mins before the off.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just noticed what seem to me strange instances (I'm still a novice btw) where the track odds are saying one thing and the exchange is doing the opposite. Also I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around these "breakouts" as they are called. I see what appears to be a strong trading range and then occasionally for whatever reason the odds smash through one way and keep going as I sit there waiting for them to return, losing my ass. I've only been doing this for a matter of months and yes I am from the US so we don't have exchanges here (yet)  I've been studying this pretty hard but it still baffles me:\