** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Apr 20th & 21st

champratings.jpg

Wolves took a huge step closer to the Championship title with their win over rivals Birmingham yesterday. The second promotion spot remains up for grabs with Cardiff and Fulham the favourites to battle it out for that second place but Aston Villa aren't out of it yet. There are still plenty of play-off and relegation issues to be resolved too with just a few games remaining. We could well know a lot more about possible permutations after this weekend's games. Let us know what bets you're placing on these matches. :ok

Not one for the weekend in the strictest terms but here seems the most appropriate place; Brentford are available at 10/1 for a Top 6 Finish. They currently reside in 10th spot 4 points off the Play Off places with 3 games remaining. Fulham or Cardiff are already assured of the Play off berth with Aston Villa almost certain to join them. Brentfords final 3 matches are QPR (h), Barnsley (a) and Hull (h) - I make them no more than 6/1 to win all 3 matches which would take them to 74 points, 5 points more than Middlesbrough and Millwall currently (final 2 occupiers) have. The teams currently residing between 5th and 11th all have much tougher run-ins and in some instances will be taking points off each other;

Boro

Derby (a), Millwall (h), Ipswich (a)

Millwall

Fulham (h), Boro (a), Aston Villa (h)

Derby

Boro (h), Cardiff (h), Aston Villa (a), Barnsley (a)

Preston

Norwich (h), Sheff Utd (a), Burton (h)

Sheff Utd

Birmingham (a), Preston (h), Bristol City (a)

Bristol City

Hull (h), Nottm Forest (a), Sheff Utd (h)

Millwall vs Fulham

It's squeaky bum time in the Championship with both automatic promotion and play-off hopes on the line in this 7:45pm kick-off at The Den between Millwall and Fulham this Friday night. I'm obviously particularly interested in this because if Millwall can get a win then we beat Nottingham Forest on Saturday then it puts us 4 points ahead of Fulham with a game in hand and the Cottagers only having two matches remaining.

Millwall are in a fine run of form. In fact, these are the two in-form teams in the division. The Lions haven't lost in the league since New Year's Day and have won 9 of their last 12 league matches. Fulham are unbeaten since 16th December, 2017. That includes also winning 9 of their last 12 league games. In terms of form, these two cannot be split.

Neil Harris and his players have a superb record at home with 11 wins and 7 draws from their 21 games at The Den. Fulham's away record is not too shabby either with 11 wins and 5 draws from 21 matches on the road. This is a very tough one to call and it's looking like the wise option would be to back the draw.

There is no denying that Slavisa Jokanovic's side has the bigger pool of talent. The likes of Ryan Fredericks, Ryan Sessegnon, Stefan Johansen, Tom Cairney, Tim Ream, Tomas Kalas, and Aleksandr Mitrovic are all Premier League quality players. However, they are entering one of the toughest away trips of the calendar. It's a big ask for them to take all three points. The added pressure of a slip up potentially costing them their promotion hopes only makes it more daunting. As both a punter and a Cardiff fan, I'm going to be backing Millwall to take at least a draw here. The win might be too much but a draw seems tempting at those odds.

Draw @ 3.60 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.67 with SunBets

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @harry_rag, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, and @the bastardian, what do you guys think of my tips? Any other bet suggestions for this weekend?

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Millwall have been undefeated in their last 17 matches in Championship.
Millwall have scored in each of their last 14 matches in Championship.
Fulham have won their last 4 away matches in Championship.
Fulham have been undefeated in their last 10 away matches in Championship.
Fulham have scored in each of their last 10 away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 71 Football Betting Streaks for 20.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-20-04-2018-9264

Brentford vs QPR

It's a West London derby this Saturday in a 3pm kick-off at Griffin Park with play-off chasing Brentford welcoming mid-table QPR to their home ground. This match could have a big say in the play-off picture with both teams eager to get one over on their local rivals.

Brentford have generally had the upper hand in this tie over recent years. The past 7 meetings since February 2004 have seen 4 wins for the Bees, 1 win for Rangers, and 2 draws. Interestingly, the last three wins for Brentford have seen them win by two clear goals or more.

Home and away form offers a few clues this week. Dean Smith's side might have the 11th best home record in the division but they have only lost 3 games on their own turf. The problem is the draws. 10 draws and 8 wins have been the outcomes of their other matches. If they had turn half of those draws into victories at home then they would be 10 points better off and firmly in the play-off places.

QPR's away record is the real vital statistic here. Ian Holloway's men have really struggled on the road this season. Their 21 away matches have seen a return of just 15 points. That comes in the form of 3 wins, 6 draws, and 12 defeats. It's not positive reading for Rangers fans.

I think Brentford are going to end the season well. I think they are one of the best football playing sides in the division. They are only 4 points off the play-off pace and will feel they have no pressure on them now. A win here could put them right back in contention and I think they will win comfortably against a QPR side that cannot string two wins together at the moment. I'm going a bit riskier than normal here because I think Brentford's attacking play and QPR's dodgy away form could produce some goals.

Brentford -1 @ 2.62 with Paddy Power

Brentford HT/ FT @ 2.55 with Coral

Cardiff vs Nottingham Forest

Well, thanks a lot Millwall. Didn't see that second half bottle job coming! Onto the next one and it's Cardiff looking to really put the pressure on Fulham with a win at home against a struggling Nottingham Forest in a 7:45pm kick-off on Saturday afternoon at the Cardiff City Stadium.

Fulham's win tonight keeps things interesting but we've always known that the promotion battle is in our hands provided we keep equalling or bettering the results of Fulham. Fulham are now 2 points ahead of us but we now have two games in hand. There's no pressure. Neil Warnock will have our players pumped for this game. Forest realistically have nothing to play for now. Can they cope with our intensity and determination? Will they have the appetite for the fight? I'm not sure.

This is one game I feel we can get a business-like win. Forest are not really playing for anything and I believe we have the better side. Provided we don't bottle it then we should win by a couple of goals. We are likely to welcome Sol Bamba back and that will help our defensive stability. I reckon Aron Gunnarsson will be much closer to full match fitness too.

All the signs are pointing to a win for us. It's a pressure cooker stage of the season but we have the right manager that will ensure we stay focused. Backing Cardiff to win makes sense. If we don't win then it's a huge upset. I have faith in this squad to deliver the result.

Cardiff to win @ 1.53 with Bet365

Cardiff to win to nil @ 2.55 with Ladbrokes

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Sunderland conceded at least one goal in each of their last 15 matches in Championship.
Burton Albion conceded at least one goal in each of their last 7 matches in Championship.
Preston conceded at least one goal in each of their last 10 home matches in Championship.
Norwich City conceded at least one goal in each of their last 8 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 115 Football Betting Streaks for 21.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-21-04-2018-9267

I almost jumped a gun by betting big on Preston (@1.7) but yesterday's significant odds drop on Norwich did put me off. 

I've had a second look at that fixture and I do like BTTS instead, at similar odds (@1.72).

Preston's last 8 of 10 at home and Norwich's last 6 of 10 away on the road (incl. last six) ended up with both teams scoring. Preston should be pushing for a win to secure the play off spot and that can leave gaps in their back four. Odds are not spectacular but acceptable, combo material.