Announcements
** Nap's Competition Result : 1st Barnsley Chop, 2nd Daisychain, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert, 4th Marmalade, KO Cup Tipsterix, Most Winners Calva Decoy**
**June Poker League Result : 1st Autogree £75, 2nd Rivrd £45, 3rd Ian309 £30**
Sign in to follow this  
Glentoby

Devious trends

Tongue in cheek title but just to emphasise that I do follow and have plenty of years of experience in racing and punting.Dr Devious some may have noticed died a few weeks ago aged 28.He died not far from my second home,indeed my spiritual home in Sardegna

My first ever bet in Sardegna was at Poetto Racecourse,a tiny sand based cicuit next to the beach,right handed sharp circle/oval,long gone although the track and scaffolding stand are still visible.Most of the races were for Arab/Anglo/ Anglo Arab horses,the race conditions depending on the percentage of blood from the stallion or mare e.g 40% to 60% and vice versa.

My first bet was on a Gelding whos sire was Grundy,simply because it was the only Anglo blood I could find in the racecard,lost obviously.However ridden by an apprentice called Stefano Fresu who looked as tidy as most jockeys in UK.

A couple of years ago I noticed a jockey riding for Luca Cumani on one of the AW tracks ,claiming 7lb .Antonio Fresu,I contacted him and asked if Stefano was related,it is his dad.Started a thread on RUK now defuct to follow his progress.A long story short is that Antonio is finally growing up and is in the UAE ridinng out and riding for big operations and will be going back to the UK.I am not saying he is the next Frankie or Atzeni but he will be worth following at level stakes throughout this season.

Ed Walker and Mike Murphy already utilize him and he has traveled to all points of the compass in the UK to ride 1 horse,mostly on the AW,mostly outsiders.His hard work unless he fuc*s it up might be rewarded this flat season.Before he went to the UAE he was above himself,arrogant and too full of his own importance,the complete opposite of his father.

However as long as he carries on his hard work back in the UK,I guarantee there are few finer horsemen than he and I fully expect some high profile yards using him this season,only he can mess up this prediction.So confident am I that for every £1 placed on his mounts in the UK between now and 31st October 2018 I will match the losing figure to the Injured Jockey Fund and split the same for a winning figure between IJF and Jack Berry House.

Would be nice to have someone to match my promise for a very good cause or as many as would like to help those two causes,from this forum.Obviously I cannot promise anything but I am confident he will end on 31st Oct 2018 with a total win to ride ratio on a par with most claimers in the UK.