** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Preseason bets update

@CzechPunter I suggest we have a thread about our preseason bets. Would be really great to have I think since we have some bets running. And I'm really interested in knowing if anyone has some preseason bets running like you and me.

For me Naomi Osaka to be the year end highest ranked asian player looks good. Ajla Tomljanovic is on the right track. Sloane Stephens is also on the right track. Cedric Marcel-Stebe is injured and I think he will drop in the rankings soon. He hasn't played since january in Australian open and looks set to be dropping in the rankings until at least september.

Corentin Moutet defenitely looks vulnerable and his form isn't as great as it was at the end of last season. Lucas Pouille to be the year end highest ranked french player looks ok now. He's ranked 11 atm and looks set to continue his rise. What else did you have running @CzechPunter?

Sloane Stephens is 50/50 for me to have a better ranking than Ashleigh Barty while Dominika Cibulkova and Agnieszka Radwanska is very unlikely to be top 20.

Naomi Osaka is for sure in mathematically since I don't think any of the other asians in the bet will get a better year end ranking. Shuai Peng looks bad and has to many issues to boost her ranking enough to beat Naomi. Shuai Zhang looks like she maybe could make a push for top 25 but not more then that. Qiang Wang is dropping places and doesn't seem to be able to make it to year end top 30. Yulia Putintseva looks completely out of form and Zarina Diyas got injured recently so big question marks around her. Naomi should at the same time be able to make it to year end top 20. She will probably do more good results before the season is over.

Ajla Tomljanovic dropped 6 places to 96 this week but looks set to break top 83 before the season is over. She played good in Monterrey and reached the quarters.

On the mens side as I said before I don't think Cedric-Marcel Stebe will make it past 90. He'll soon be out of top 100 again where he will probably end the season unless he comes back in great shape after his long break.

I've backed you @CzechPunter at Lucas Pouille to be higher ranked then Tomas Berdych. Other then that I didn't have any other bets in the off-season.

• 2 months later...

Things aren't too bad on the whole with Halep winning. Osaka is a lock, Thiem is almost a lock, Pouille and Garcia are looking good, Vekic can go either way, Moutet, Ymer, and Wu are likely to lose (Wu isn't even playing anywhere).

Edit: Forgot to add that Bencic is probably going to lose as well. In any case, with Halep in, it's hard to see not getting a profit from that set of bets, everything would have to go wrong basically. Ymer is a strange case, he's won a lot of matches in Challenger quallies, but no wins after that and that's where the points are unfortunately.

• 4 weeks later...

@CzechPunterTomas Berdych dropping 35 places to no.59 after SW19 and suddenly it's looking very good for Lucas Pouille to have the higher year end ranking so you were wrong about Tomas since he's going somewhere and it's down. Mikael Ymer will crack the top 300 soon if he keeps going the way he's been doing in july. He will soar at least 25 places after Swedish open. Corentin Moutet at no.117 way under 150 so far and it looks like he will keep it up. Dominic Thiem will be higher year end ranked than Stan who has dropped to no.199. Donna Vekic looking good, Belinda Bencic looks 50/50, who knows she might pull off a great US hard court swing. Forget about Yibing Wu. Caro Garcia still looks bad since it's only 1000 points separating her from Jelena Ostapenko. Sloane Stephens still looks 50/50. Naomi Osaka still looking good for both of us. I can forget about C-M Stebe. Nick Kyrgious girlfriend Ajla looks good at no.62.

That's about it. We'll see how it looks like in September.

• 2 months later...
On 2018-07-22 at 1:49 PM, four-leaf said:

@CzechPunterTomas Berdych dropping 35 places to no.59 after SW19 and suddenly it's looking very good for Lucas Pouille to have the higher year end ranking so you were wrong about Tomas since he's going somewhere and it's down. Mikael Ymer will crack the top 300 soon if he keeps going the way he's been doing in july. He will soar at least 25 places after Swedish open. Corentin Moutet at no.117 way under 150 so far and it looks like he will keep it up. Dominic Thiem will be higher year end ranked than Stan who has dropped to no.199. Donna Vekic looking good, Belinda Bencic looks 50/50, who knows she might pull off a great US hard court swing. Forget about Yibing Wu. Caro Garcia still looks bad since it's only 1000 points separating her from Jelena Ostapenko. Sloane Stephens still looks 50/50. Naomi Osaka still looking good for both of us. I can forget about C-M Stebe. Nick Kyrgious girlfriend Ajla looks good at no.62.

That's about it. We'll see how it looks like in September.

Looks pretty good now in September. Tomas Berdych still hasn't showed up in asia and I wonder if he'll even turn up for the rest of the season. Ajla Tomljanovic is set for top 50 or maybe top 40 so that bet is won already since she's not going to drop to no. 84 or worse. Cedric Marcel Stebe typically injured all season. Yibing Wu not going to be top 200. Naomi Osaka as highest ranked asian woman compared to Zhuai Zhang, Shuai Peng, Yulia Putintseva and Zarina Diyas is in. Sloane Stephens to be highest ranked woman compared to Dominika Cibulkova, Agnieszka Radwanska and Ashleigh Barty looks good even if Sloane loses all her matches for the rest of the season since Sloane has no points to defend. Corentin Moutet will likely be top 150. Simona Halep to win a gs in 2018 already in. Donna Vekic looking good as it's very unlikely she will be worse than top 60. Belinda Bencic is not looking good but still has a chance for top 28. Mikael Ymer could make it in the end if he does do well coming 4-5 weeks. Caroline Garcia to be higher ranked than Jelena Ostapenko is not looking to good after all since she's out in Wuhan second round and will drop a massive amount of points and will probably drop more after Beijing. Dominic Thiem to be higher ranked than Stan Wawrinka is already in.

And that's it for this update...