Announcements
*** June Competition Winners: Well done to Le Male (NAPS), Coco69 (KO Cup), Saddlesore (Royal Ascot) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
BillyHills

2018 Bahrain Grand Prix

Bahrain GP (4.10pm Sunday)

For the second race of the season we go to Sakhir in Bahrain and the first night race of the year.
Qualifying is at 4pm on Saturday UK Time and the race is at 4.10pm on Sunday. The extra 10 minutes is to allow TV broadcasters to enjoy the build up to the race more rather than starting on the hour apparently.

Vettel won here last year after Valtteri Bottas had landed a shock pole position on the Saturday. The German's strategy won the day and got the lead after an early pit stop and the aid of the Safety Car, does that ring a bell?

Anyway whatever you think about the result last week in Australia it has to be said that Mercedes were a tad unlucky and will be out to make amends here. Personally I think the 4/5 about Hamilton is a fair bet at this stage, only Vettel can stop him and Mercedes have landed pole here for the last 5 years and I'd be surprised if Hamilton is not in front of Vettel on the grid.

Stats

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 09.49.34.png

Only 3 safety cars in 11 seasons so its not suspiring the bookies are going 4/7 for 'NO Safety Car' this week, thats a bit tight for my liking and would prefer to take a chance in the other direction at 13/10 with Unibet, thats just too big.

Reliability is up and down here, thats probably more to do with it being the second race of the season and cars still settling down with the new engine parts. Bet365 are going 5/6 each of two for the 'Unders' and 'Overs' and by my calculation the average failure rate is 3.6 over the last 11 seasons. That gives us a slight edge on the 'over 15.5' market.

Early bets
L.Hamilton 4/5 Bet365
Safety Car - YES 13/10 Unibet
Over 15.5 Finishers - 5/6 Bet365

Well that was a turn up for the books, Ferrari leaving Mercedes behind in qualifying for the first time in ages.

Its a tall order now for Hamilton who takes a 5 place grid penalty but it makes it a more interesting race at least.

My Sunday treble is a bit more speculative with Verstappen starting 15th and Alonso 13th added to Hulkenberg who looks a solid bet who starts in 7th.

N.Hulkenberg 4/11
M. Verstappen 1/4
F.Alonso 8/11

near 2/1 Treble to finish in the points

On 4/3/2018 at 10:27 AM, BillyHills said:

Bahrain GP (4.10pm Sunday)

For the second race of the season we go to Sakhir in Bahrain and the first night race of the year.
Qualifying is at 4pm on Saturday UK Time and the race is at 4.10pm on Sunday. The extra 10 minutes is to allow TV broadcasters to enjoy the build up to the race more rather than starting on the hour apparently.

Vettel won here last year after Valtteri Bottas had landed a shock pole position on the Saturday. The German's strategy won the day and got the lead after an early pit stop and the aid of the Safety Car, does that ring a bell?

Anyway whatever you think about the result last week in Australia it has to be said that Mercedes were a tad unlucky and will be out to make amends here. Personally I think the 4/5 about Hamilton is a fair bet at this stage, only Vettel can stop him and Mercedes have landed pole here for the last 5 years and I'd be surprised if Hamilton is not in front of Vettel on the grid.

Stats

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 09.49.34.png

Only 3 safety cars in 11 seasons so its not suspiring the bookies are going 4/7 for 'NO Safety Car' this week, thats a bit tight for my liking and would prefer to take a chance in the other direction at 13/10 with Unibet, thats just too big.

Reliability is up and down here, thats probably more to do with it being the second race of the season and cars still settling down with the new engine parts. Bet365 are going 5/6 each of two for the 'Unders' and 'Overs' and by my calculation the average failure rate is 3.6 over the last 11 seasons. That gives us a slight edge on the 'over 15.5' market.

Early bets
L.Hamilton 4/5 Bet365
Safety Car - YES 13/10 Unibet
Over 15.5 Finishers - 5/6 Bet365

2/3 :ok 

On 4/8/2018 at 10:59 AM, BillyHills said:

Well that was a turn up for the books, Ferrari leaving Mercedes behind in qualifying for the first time in ages.

Its a tall order now for Hamilton who takes a 5 place grid penalty but it makes it a more interesting race at least.

My Sunday treble is a bit more speculative with Verstappen starting 15th and Alonso 13th added to Hulkenberg who looks a solid bet who starts in 7th.

N.Hulkenberg 4/11
M. Verstappen 1/4
F.Alonso 8/11

near 2/1 Treble to finish in the points

Verstappen kills the treble! :sad