Announcements
** December Poker League Result : 1st muttley, 2nd LIKE2FISH, 3rd kevsul **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st Like A Roughie, 2nd Paperclip, 3rd Kingdom for, 4th Alastair, 5th Gray306 **
** December Naps Competition Result: 1st BARNSLEYCHOP, 2nd SADDLESORE, 3rd ZIDANE123, 4th ADAMROSS. KO Cup Winner BBBC, Most Winners: JCW **

The Sun - Freeroll on Pacific

If anyone has seen todays Sun, you will already know about this but thought I may as well post just in case. There is a 4 page article in todays Sun promoting online poker. Starting tonight on Pacific they are offering a freeroll where the top 30 win entry into a grand final for the $1 million UK Open to be televised on Sky. You can also win home games with Teddy Sheringham, a weekend for 2 in Monte Carlo or some Poker Chip sets. It says you can enter as many times as you like but I haven't looked to see how many entries are allowed at the minute. I'll definetly be entering. Hope to see some of you there.

Re: The Sun - Freeroll on Pacific Cheers for that Doddsy - article is online as well - here - http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2005320000-2005320165,00.html Looking at Pacific Poker - they had a Sun Tourny yesterday - Top 250 places paid - 11th gets $0.70 , 151st - 250th gets $0.05 - lol - so this is a LOT better tonight...... Hopefully there will be a lot of Sun Readers trying their luck ;

Re: The Sun - Freeroll on Pacific Tried entering this yesterday - had a heap of problems trying to register for the tournament. Ended up phoning them up and they said they were having a big problem so i ended up leaving it. There were around 1200 entrants yesterday.

Re: The Sun - Freeroll on Pacific Hmmm - other people have started registering - but I'm still "restricted" - there were no conditions/passwords in the article were there? Didn't see anything in the online side.... Anyone here managed/failed to register?

Re: The Sun - Freeroll on Pacific Only one entry as well - 3. Each entrant shall only be entitled to make one entrance to the Promotion. In the event that the Promoter or the Sponsor deem that an entrant has made multiple applications to enter the Promotion or has executed any act in bad faith in relation to the Promotion, such entrant shall be excluded from the Promotion and therefore ineligible from winning any of the Prizes, as defined below. 4. The Promotion shall commence on 13th July 2005 and shall end on 22nd July 2005 (the “Promotion Period”).

Re: The Sun - Freeroll on Pacific No, couldn't register for it - got an error message saying I was ineligible. Same problem as you GotaFancy. Don't know why though, just opened new account today! Never mind, didn't like the look of the site anyway so deleted from my computer - already got more than enough poker sites to choose from.

Re: The Sun - Freeroll on Pacific I managed to register today. It must take a day or so for your registration to go through completely or something?? I dunno. Strange aswell - there are 2 tables up for the sun. One has 700 entrants, the other has 20 :\

Re: The Sun - Freeroll on Pacific Have made the final table, so have qualified for the nextround, just playing for the todays top prize of.....wait for it ....... $22 :clap , the site is terrible though, the lobby only shows a true reflection for about 2 seconds and then cuts back to 2 hours earlier. Mike <a href=pp.jpg">

Re: The Sun - Freeroll on Pacific Well done on qualifying for the next round Mike:clap :clap Agree with you about the site though, terrible software although I did only try a freeroll tournament to see what it was like. My personal opinion though is it is one of the worst I've experienced. Sorry to offend any fans of the site.