** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > March 30th/31st

Darran

A late Folkestone winner meant the double landed on Tuesday night, but it was a small loss again with the 3 single bets all losing. With it being Easter weekend we have plenty of games taking place on Good Friday instead of the Saturday before they all play again on Monday. I have five bets over the 2 days and none are under 2/1 so I am looking to land some lumpy odds.

Bromley v Wrexham

Bromley are still mathematically in with a chance of the play-offs, but realistically their only Wembley trip this season will be for the FA Trophy Final. I think that is bringing a bit of distraction which isn't a surprise. In between the two legs of the semi-final they lost to Solihull and then on Tuesday night they lost 2-1 to Hartlepool. Now both those teams are in reasonable form despite their positions in the table, but even so it is hard not to think the Trophy has become the priority. The other thing to note here is the fact they have had a busy schedule and that is sure to play a part on Friday. Wrexham haven't lost in the league since December 9th when they lost 4-1 to Macclesfield that is a run of 15 games. Now as I have pointed out a few times they have drawn way too many games and that is likely to stop them winning the title. They have only lost 6 games which is the fewest in the division, but they have drawn 16. Some might want the draw onside, but I like the odds of an away win here as they look big at 11/5 with Betway all things considered.

Maidstone v Hartlepool

Two sides who have certainly improved of late as the look to edge clear of the relegation zone. Maidstone had to rely on their keeper last week against Wrexham although in the end the home side did break through to get a 1-0 win. Prior to that though they had beaten Sutton and drawn with Macclesfield and that had been a big improvement after not winning for a very long time. Even so I think Hartlepool offer some value to win this game. They looked useful when beating Barrow on BT Sport last week and that came on the back of coming from behind to draw 3-3 with Fylde. They are unbeaten in 4 now with a draw against Boreham Wood and a win over Barrow (mentioned above) the other two results. With a takeover set to happen at the club things are beginning to look brighter again and I just can't make them as big as 71/25 with Marathon to win this.

Tamworth v North Ferriby

Into National League North now and I am taking a complete flyer here in backing the already relegated North Ferriby. Tamworth haven't won since New Years Day, a run of 12 matches and they are in big danger of being relegated which isn't a surprise given that dreadful run of form. North Ferriby have only won 3 times all season, scoring just 19 goals and conceding 89. Obviously on those stats you would think I was mad to want to back them, but the fact is they are in better form than their hosts right now. Two of those three wins have come in their last 5 games including against Blyth on Saturday. In that run they have also drawn against Nuneaton and amazingly Salford. They did lose the other 6-0 to Darlington, but the other 4 games prove they aren't playing like a relegated side. They are 7/1 to beat a team who haven't won in 12 games and that is a huge price for me.

Poole v Whitehawk

I haven't tipped Whitehawk for a while, but they continue to be in good form having lost just twice in their last 10 games. They are still bottom of the National League South table though, but sit 7th in the last 10 games form table. I like their chances against Poole are are also in the relegation zone. Poole have only won win in their last 7 games and have lost all but one of the others. Amazingly that win was against Dartford and they nearly picked up a point against St Albans last weekend, but the key here could be that Poole will be missing two of their key players after they got sent off against East Thurrock and the appeals were unsuccessful. Whitehawk look value to me at Bet 365's 13/5.

Shaw Lane v Barwell

By the time this game is played on Saturday Shaw Lane will have played 6 league games since March 17th and they have lost them all conceding 15 and scoring just 1. Now I am writing this prior to the 6th game as that is being played on Thursday night, but given what I wrote about them on Tuesday in that they looked a very tired side last week and then Altrincham went and put five in against them, another game whatever the result is hardly going to help here. A new manager did come in before that Altrincham game, but I can't see what he can do to improve things if it is tiredness that is the main issue. Barwell have lost their last last three which is a minor concern, but prior to that they had been on a great run of form so they have got it in them to bounce back here especially with a team who have had such a busy schedule. BetVictor's 11/4 makes plenty of appeal.

Wrexham 1pt @ 11/5 with Betway

Hartlepool 1pt @ 71/25 with Marathon

North Ferriby 1pt @ 7/1 with BetVictor

Whitehawk 1pt @ 13/5 with Bet365

Barwell 1pt @ 11/4 with BetVictor

I really like the look of Leiston away to Thurrock at 11/10. Both have won their last 4 matches, but in Thurrock's case they've been against teams at the foot of the table. Leiston have also strengthened their squad in recent weeks with the capture of Jake Reed from Lowestoft and are live contenders for the play-off's. They are playing well at the moment and won their Suffolk Cup match on Tuesday against Kirkley in a canter. I think there's value in the price.