** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > March 26-29th

Darran

Sadly Southport finally lost again so we lost on that front, but Burgess Hill and FCUM made sure we got some money so it wasn't the total disaster it could have been. This mid-week I have 4 bets to get stuck into.

Kingstonian v Worthing

The first two bets both take place in the Bostik Premier on Monday night. In the report for Kingstonian's loss on Saturday it describes their performance as insipid and directionless and they have now lost their last 4 games. They host a Worthing side tonight who have worked themselves up the table nicely. They have lost just twice in their last 9 games and just once in their last 5 which was to a resurgent Dulwich. They look worth backing at 19/10 with Sportingbet.

Wingate & Finchley v Billericay

As I put up on the other thread this morning I am kicking myself for not opposing Billericay before now and I am worried that I might be getting involved too late, but even so I have to oppose them tonight. Just focusing on the on the field performances, they have not been playing well for a while now. All the reports suggest they look like 11 players just wondering round the pitch with little idea as to what they should be doing. This shouldn't be a surprise given the manager and was something I wrote about at the start of the season. Given the amount of football they have played in recent weeks that is also clearly having an effect which isn't a surprise. It has also led to the team changing a fair bit from match to match to try and get some rest into the players, but that also leads to a team who aren't used to playing with one another. With no time to train given the matches they have to play it is all clearly having a detrimental effect to their performances. I also suspect that the players aren't playing for Tamplin anymore. They are still in control of the title, but with 13 games to play in the final month of the season they have to be getting nervous about if they can get the job done. Everyone wants to beat them as well and we have certainly seen teams raise their game against them. They have lost 6 of their last 7 games and have only scored 1 goal in each of them which has obviously only been enough once. Wingate had been in pretty poor form themselves, but they finally won again on Saturday. Not surprisingly they have been backed but 13/5 is still available with Sportingbet and that is worth taking.

Stalybridge v Grantham

Into the Evo-Stik Northern Premier now and after Stalybridge did us a huge favour last Tuesday I am backing them again here. They are really finding their form now and followed up last Tuesday win with a superb 2-0 over 2nd place Warrington which means they have now beaten the top 2 in recent weeks. Grantham had a good 4-1 win on Saturday, but they had been struggling for wins prior to winning against Shaw Lane last week. Stalybridge are playing with plenty of confidence right now and the bookies haven't caught up with their good run of form so they can still be backed 85/40 with BetVictor.

Folkestone v Lowestoft and Altrincham v Shaw Lane

The fact Folkestone make the first part of this double is pretty obvious and they have only lost once in their last 10 and currently sit in 2nd place. I am adding Altrincham to make the double. They have had a little blip, but got back to winning ways on Saturday when beating Halesowen 2-0. When this game was meant to be played it would have been a possible title deciding fixture, but Shaw Lane are like Billericay suffering because of the amount of fixtures they are playing at the moment. They looked very tired when losing last Thursday and duly lost again on Saturday which led to the sacking of the manager. Seems a bit harsh to me given he can do little about the players energy levels at the moment and Alty should prove too good. The double pays around 11/8 with Marathon.

Worthing 1pt @ 19/10 with Sportingbet

Wingate 1pt @ 13/5 with Sportingbet

Stalybridge 1pt @ 85/40 with BetVictor

Folkeston/Altrincham 2pts double at 11/8 with Marathon

This is a post on the Dulwich Hamlet forum from a Hendon fan

There were a few interesting snippets today.

Firstly, Tamplin sporting a cut on his head and a non-playing Ricay player sporting a black eye. The two things may have been related, they may not have been. Nick Wheeler, who wasn't selected, walked out of the ground along with Mr Black Eye before half time with the score still at 0-0.

On about 70 minutes, having just made his third substitution and with the score at 3-0, Tamplin walks down the touchline, past the Hendon dugout, leapt over the perimeter fencing and past the Hendon fans who were almost too dumbstruck to give him pelters. He was nowhere to be seen at full time.

Clearing the away dressing room after the game, there were two of the Ricay backroom team still there. I wished them all the best for the rest of the season out of politeness and one of them said 'heh, thanks, if we're still here'.

When we went 2-0 up, they were beaten. After our third goal players were openly arguing with each other. There isn't any spirit in that group, what I saw today showed a malaise that goes way beyond tiredness and fatigue - which, given their schedule would be understandable.

On that showing, I simply cannot see them winning the league, even the play-offs might be beyond them. The entire club is unbelievably dysfunctional. I feel for the good people there - the fans, the decent coaching staff and the decent players.

I suspect there will be another Tamplin blow-up in the next few days. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I will aim to come along to your game on Good Friday if I can and give you some morale support. Well done today.

Darran,

what is your opinion about Guiseley -Leyton and Maidenhead -Sutton -both away wins?

Guiseley is relegated already, Leyton still need few points to be safe.

Maidenhead rather play for nothing and Sutton fighting for place 1.

Regards. 

17 hours ago, the bastardian said:

Folkestone   107.....01 and Altrincham 1,60 is a disaster after 10

Must admit I have no idea what this post means, but it was a winning bet at FT and that is all that matters. No point in saying bets are disaster before 90 minutes, I have had plenty of winning bets from unlikely positions this season and some that have gone the other way as well.

8 hours ago, Teodore said:

Darran,

what is your opinion about Guiseley -Leyton and Maidenhead -Sutton -both away wins?

Guiseley is relegated already, Leyton still need few points to be safe.

Maidenhead rather play for nothing and Sutton fighting for place 1.

Regards. 

Going to have a look at this weekends matches later, but Orient might well be a bet. I took on Maidenhead on Saturday because I thought they had nothing to play for and looked like the had eased up only for them to get a deserved point at Ebbsfleet. They do have the capability of making it tricky for Sutton.

1 hour ago, Darran said:

Going to have a look at this weekends matches later, but Orient might well be a bet. I took on Maidenhead on Saturday because I thought they had nothing to play for and looked like the had eased up only for them to get a deserved point at Ebbsfleet. They do have the capability of making it tricky for Sutton.

I hope so. I took on your Macclesfield ante-post bet quite a few months ago :ok