Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** October Competition Winners: Well done to Roland Cooper (NAPS), BillyHills (KO Cup), Theodore007 (Football Tipster Competition), Bagzi (Last Man Standing Comp) & Demios (Poker) ***
StevieDay1983

International Friendlies > Mar 22nd - 24th

friendliesodds.jpg

Here are the odds for the next batch of upcoming international friendlies. The home nations is action along with all the other big international sides. Interested to hear your thoughts on these games as the 2018 World Cup fast approaches. Tough to predict but it can provide some decent value.

Well I have stuck Norway V Oz U2.5 in my tipping comp selection this week, though I will tend to avoid friendlies really

Ronaldo V Salah - BTTS  is 2.1. Not sure if they are both playing, but it caught my eye. 

Edited by Tiffy

Russia v Brazil

Russia: Vladislav Ignatyev (3/0 d), Daler Kuzyayev (4/0 m), Ruslan Kambolov (2/0 d) (all probably out), Alan Dzagoev (53/9 m), Yuri Zhirkov 980/2 d) (both doubtful), Aleksandr Kokorin (48/12 f, top scorer), Viktor Vasin (13/2 d), Georgi Dzhikiya (8/0 d), Magomed Ozdoyev (12/1 m), Dmitry Poloz (15/2 f)

Brazil: Alex Sandro (10/0 d), Filipe Luís (31/2 d), Danilo (16/0 d), David Luiz (56/3 d), Diego (34/4 m), Giuliano (14/0 m), Neymar (83/53 f, top scorer)

Finland v Macedonia FYR

Finland: Jere Uronen (25/0 d, doubtful), Alexander Ring (43/2 m), Kasper Hämäläinen (60/8 m, 2nd top scorer), Riku Riski (27/4 m), Kari Arkivuo (55/1 d), Markus Halsti (33/0 d), Tim Väyrynen (8/0 f), Eero Markkanen (12/0 f)

Macedonia FYR: Ferhan Hasani (31/2 m), Adis Jahović (15/3 f, retired), David Babunski (9/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

I like the under 2.5 pick above in Nor v Aus, with my only concern being Norway seem to be the sort of team that like playing open games with goals.

Aus lack goal scoring power and haven't been that defensively resolute, however under the new guidance of Maarwick I expect the whole team setup will change from the more expansive possession style under Ange Postecoglu to a more defensive style 4-5-1 which looks to hit teams on the brake.  Unless Norway are in the mood for gifting goals, then u2.5 seems likely.

Scotland v Costa Rica.

The odds for an away win are too high here. Very much an experimental, inexperienced Scotland team which looks seriously lacking up front. Costa Rica players are playing for places at the World Cup so there is no lack of motivation here, one goal could be enough to win this. Cost Rica at 3.40.

I think Sweden a bit underestimated here vs Chile, playing at home, getting ready for the World Cup where Chile is not going and not impressive on the road, DNB @ 2,150 looks good to me. Also must take France vs Russia @ 1,66. I am sure they will need to recover after that complete blow vs Columbia 

On 23/03/2018 at 10:31 AM, matt-e-matticle said:

I like the under 2.5 pick above in Nor v Aus, with my only concern being Norway seem to be the sort of team that like playing open games with goals.

Aus lack goal scoring power and haven't been that defensively resolute, however under the new guidance of Maarwick I expect the whole team setup will change from the more expansive possession style under Ange Postecoglu to a more defensive style 4-5-1 which looks to hit teams on the brake.  Unless Norway are in the mood for gifting goals, then u2.5 seems likely.

It's nice to know that someone else is thinking along the same lines as me.

Just a shame that it never came in. I should have stuck NED V ENG as my U2.5 selection really. England are so boring under Southgate, I can't be bothered to watch them anymore!

On 23/03/2018 at 4:15 PM, allyhibs said:

Scotland v Costa Rica.

The odds for an away win are too high here. Very much an experimental, inexperienced Scotland team which looks seriously lacking up front. Costa Rica players are playing for places at the World Cup so there is no lack of motivation here, one goal could be enough to win this. Cost Rica at 3.40.

Good shout! I should listen to you more often:ok

On 22/03/2018 at 3:35 PM, Tiffy said:

Well I have stuck Norway V Oz U2.5 in my tipping comp selection this week, though I will tend to avoid friendlies really

Ronaldo V Salah - BTTS  is 2.1. Not sure if they are both playing, but it caught my eye. 

Both teams scored, and both players scored. 

4 hours ago, allyhibs said:

It felt a bit strange, I actually cheered when Costa Rica scored, feel like a traitor.

Haha, your secret is safe on here mate:ok

Football Facts and Streaks regarding International friendlies

Ukraine have failed to win in 56% of their last 9 games.
71% of Russia’s last 7 matches have seen at least 3 goals scored.
70% of France’s last 10 matches have seen 3 or more goals scored.
Switzerland’s last 4 internationals have produced 4 goals in total.
Panama have won 2 away games since January 2016.
Iran have kept a clean sheet in 54% of their last 13 outings.
Turkey’s last 5 games have finished with an average of 3 goals per game being scored.

You can find interesting 52 Football Betting Streaks for 27.03.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-27-03-2018-8985

Russia v France; 17:50

Both teams disappointed in last friendly match. While Russia has lost against Brazil with 3-0, France has lost against Colombia, after leading with 2-0.

France: The disappointment was for sure bigger on the French side, as their leader from the bench Didier Deschamps has one of the most talented and wide squads in the history of the country. He said that result won't stop his process of preparations for World Cup and that he will change several things for today's match. Pavard and Hernandez could take the lateral positions in defense, while Koscielny might jump in instead of Varane who is slightly injured and who isn't impressed with his performance against Colombia. An expected formation is 4-3-3 with Kante, Pogba, and Rabiot in midfield. If so, then from my point of view, France will start with the strongest possible midfield. Kante will be in charge of tackles, running and keeping support covering backs of Rabiot and Pogba. This position will give much more freedom to Paul and as he is in pretty strange position in Manchester, I am sure that he cannot wait to start the match on position which suits him the best. Rabiot has already shown that he is becoming one of the best box-to-box midfielders and in my opinion, he should be preferred over Matuidi. What bothers me the most about this selection is that Deschamps is still forcing to play with Giroud. True, he is scoring, winning some fights, but the question here is. How much slower is the attack of France with him in the lineup? In my opinion - enormously. He could be used as a joker from the bench if "youngsters" won't prevail as he can offer a different style of playing, but in my opinion, France can play way faster without him and therefore be much more dangerous, especially against teams who are playing with physical defenders. Expected attacking trio is Martial, Mbappe and Dembele. With Martial and Dembele they will have an enormous advantage in pace  regarding the opponent.

Russia: Even though Cherchesov will probably set-up the 5-4-1 formation, I expect troubles on flanks for the Russian side. They won't be able to count on services of three regular players - midfielders Zobin and Kuzyayev and defender Kambolov, who have all returned to their clubs due to injuries. Even though they are expected to play with 5 players in defensive line, Cherchesov cannot count on some regulars as Dzhikiya and Vasin both having torn ligaments this year. That means that positions which were usually taken by experienced Ignashevich and Beresutzkiy brothers, who have all retired from national football are still under the question. For today's match, the expected defensive line is - Smolnikov, Koudriachov, Granat, Neustädter, Kombarov, while Dzagoev, Glouchakov, Golovine, and Miranchouk should be positioned behind the lone striker Smolnikov.  It might happen that the formation will be 5-3-1-1 with Miranchouk playing behind Smolnikov, but regarding the team of France, I expect Cherchesov trying to close gaps on flanks as much as possible.

Betting perspective: with only 4 matches before the WC, all of them are crucially important. Players will try to do their best to prove themselves and even though that might be a problem of France as they have a bunch of talented players, Deschamps is stressing out that what is important for him is a whole team - so how the team works together and not the individuals. Midfield is still the one deciding about the possession, about how smooth the buildup will be, the transition, everything and in this match, I think that France should have an enormous advantage. They are one of the biggest if not the biggest favorite for winning the World Cup, but they will need to prove that on the pitch. Individually, those two teams cannot be compared and even though the match will be played in St. Petersburg, I think that France won't disappoint once again. Asian handicap -1 with odds around 2,00 seems valuable. Another interesting bet, maybe even better if lineups will really be as expected is in France to win the first half with odds above 2,05.

Hungary v Scotland.

Don't know much about Hungary apart from they are 20 places behind Scotland in the rankings. I quite like the look of the Scotland line up tonight, far stronger than Fridays. Up front still doesn't look very strong but I have a feeling we'll see a good performance from Scotland and the odds for the away win having tempted me. Scotland win at 2.80.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding International friendlies

USA are unbeaten in 10 home friendlies.
Paraguay’s last 3 games on the road have ended with under 2.5 goals.
Paraguay are winless in 11 away friendlies.

You can find interesting 48 Football Betting Streaks for 28.03.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-28-03-2018-8988

Football Facts and Streaks regarding International Friendlies

Romania national football team have scored at least twice in 56% of their home friendlies since 2016.
Russia and Turkey national football teams have kept just 1 clean sheet between them in their last 10 matches combined.
Turkey national football team have kept a clean sheet in just 20% of their last 10 away matches.
Russia national football team have kept a clean sheet in just 20% of their last 10 matches on home soil.

You can find interesting 42 Football Betting Streaks for 05.06.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-05-06-2018-9870

Football Facts and Streaks regarding International Friendlies

Egypt national football team have seen under 2.5 goals scored in 80% of their last 5 games.
Egypt national football team have won just 10% of their last 10 friendlies.

You can find interesting 69 Football Betting Streaks for 06.06.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-06-06-2018-9873