Announcements
** December Poker League Result : 1st muttley, 2nd LIKE2FISH, 3rd kevsul **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st Like A Roughie, 2nd Paperclip, 3rd Kingdom for, 4th Alastair, 5th Gray306 **
** December Naps Competition Result: 1st BARNSLEYCHOP, 2nd SADDLESORE, 3rd ZIDANE123, 4th ADAMROSS. KO Cup Winner BBBC, Most Winners: JCW **

Championship Predictions > Mar 30th & 31st

champratings.jpg

It's the international break coming up this week but here are the odds and ratings for the next round of Championship matches coming. Not that I'm bitter but I hope Derby somehow drop points to Sunderland after the fast one they pulled today. It's a game that is surely a must-win for Cardiff at home to Burton. However, as we all know, the Championship is a cruel mistress and no match should be taken for granted! Let us know your thoughts and tips for these games. :ok

• 2 weeks later...

Cardiff vs Burton

It has been seven league wins in a row for the Bluebirds since a dodgy spell over Christmas. It means we are the in-form team in the Championship in 2018 and this appears to be a given on paper. However, this is the Championship. No game should be taken for granted.

Cardiff are currently in 2nd place and 7 points clear of 3rd placed Fulham with just 7-8 league games remaining. The situation is not quite so positive for Burton. Nigel Clough's side are 23rd on just 30 points and they are 3 points from safety. Having lost 3 of their last 4 matches by 2 goals or more, confidence in the squad is almost absent. A trip to the Cardiff City Stadium, where Neil Warnock's side have only failed to win 5 times in 19 games this season, is probably the most daunting possibility for the Brewers.

Still, Cardiff have not played since 13th March after the bizarre postponement of their match with Derby on Sunday 18th March. So they could well be at risk of rust. However, the club is glad to finally welcome back influential midfielder Aron Gunnarsson who could be included in the first team squad after months out with injury.

I never feel a game is there to be lost in this division but this is as close to a certain three points as Cardiff can hope for. Burton have never really impressed this season but right now they are dreadful. They have scored just 1 goal in their last 4 matches. Their defending has been abysmal. If we don't win this comfortably then we only have ourselves to blame. Provided we enter the match with the correct mentality then we should deliver a business-like victory here.

Cardiff -1 @ 2.25 with Betfair

Anytime Scorer: Kenneth Zohore @ 2.60 with Betfair

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @harry_rag, @Pipoca, and @the bastardian, will you guys be betting on the Championship matches this weekend? If so, what do you think of my thoughts on Cardiff beating Burton?

Can't see anything other than a Cardiff win and think you are right with the -1. Think it's actually pretty good value.

As for Wolves they have an altogether different proposition travelling to a place that they have failed to win in in over 60 years. Middlesboro will be no easy task and to be honest I would take a draw which I have a sneaking suspicion is what it will be. But Wolves fans will love nothing more than to get one over on former West Brom manager Tony Pulis and march ever closer to what seems like the inevitable promotion. Middlesboro need the win themselves to stay in the playoffs but I have a feeling they would take the draw too. I don't expect a classic and hope I am pleasantly surprised at the end.

Elsewhere Bolton are a big price. A team in form against one woefully out of form and would be fighting relegation themselves if not for such a good start to the season.

Have Villa blown it? I certainly think so and would back Hull to beat them too as the momentum favors the home win.  

1 hour ago, PokerWolf1 said:

Can't see anything other than a Cardiff win and think you are right with the -1. Think it's actually pretty good value.

As for Wolves they have an altogether different proposition travelling to a place that they have failed to win in in over 60 years. Middlesboro will be no easy task and to be honest I would take a draw which I have a sneaking suspicion is what it will be. But Wolves fans will love nothing more than to get one over on former West Brom manager Tony Pulis and march ever closer to what seems like the inevitable promotion. Middlesboro need the win themselves to stay in the playoffs but I have a feeling they would take the draw too. I don't expect a classic and hope I am pleasantly surprised at the end.

Elsewhere Bolton are a big price. A team in form against one woefully out of form and would be fighting relegation themselves if not for such a good start to the season.

Have Villa blown it? I certainly think so and would back Hull to beat them too as the momentum favors the home win.  

I've got to stop thinking you're a Wolves fan! :lol

That's a great shout about Bolton. I think Paul Heckingbottom is a manager that needs time at Leeds. I don't think he'll get it which is a shame because he'd be a very good manager for them if the board were patient. He's still not quite got them ticking and they are ripe for the taking. A streetwise performance from Bolton could steal all three points but maybe a Bolton Double Chance bet might be more realistic?

A fine point about Aston Villa too. Not only have they dropped off us in second place but they have now fallen behind Fulham too. Mentally, they must be preparing for the play-offs now. Still, if they keep losing, then even the top six isn't guaranteed. A lot of teams sniffing around behind them just outside the play-offs such as Bristol City, Preston, Sheffield United, and Millwall.

It's all become very exciting all of a sudden! I'll get another couple of previews out before the games tomorrow but a few home sides are looking decent value for the win this weekend.

Barnsley v Bristol City

Barnsley: Joe Williams (33/1 m, probably in), Matt Mills (3/0 d)

Bristol City: Nathan Baker (28/0 d), Hordur Magnússon (23/0 d)(both doubtful), Aden Flint (32/7 d, suspended), Callum O'Dowda (18/1 m), Matty Taylor (15/0 f)

Brentford FC v Sheffield Utd

Brentford FC: Romaine Sawyers (36/4 m, suspended), Andreas Bjelland (32/1 d), Rico Henry (8/0 d)

Sheffield Utd: Paul Coutts (16/1 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Middlesbrough vs Wolves

The highlight of the Good Friday Championship schedule is this belter that is going to kick-off at 5:30pm. Middlesbrough are sat in 6th place and enjoying a renaissance in form under Tony Pulis. Wolves are the champions elect in 1st place after over-coming a dodgy spell.

Pressure could be a major factor here. Nuno Espirito Santo's side have a 13 point lead over 3rd placed Fulham so they will play with more freedom. Yes, they only have a 6 point lead over 2nd placed Cardiff with a game extra played but promotion is the ultimate target. Only 8 games remain so Wolves only need a handful of wins now.

However, Middlesbrough are in the thick of the play-off action. Every point is valuable between now and the end of the season. The chasing pack will be waiting on Middlesbrough to slip up with Bristol City, Preston, Sheffield United, and Millwall all still carrying play-off aspirations.

The Boro may well have a solid home record winning 11 of their 19 home games so far but they are facing a Wolves side with the best away record in the division. Middlesbrough have only conceded 14 goals in those home matches so they will be tough to break. That said, Wolves have scored 28 goals on the road so if one team can do it then they can.

I really think Wolves have overcome that bad spell and they will stroll through until the end of the season now. The play-off race is less predictable with 10 or so teams still vying for the four spots. So I expect to see those teams drop points all over the shop as the pressure takes hold. I am tempted to back a draw here but I think the freedom that Wolves will now play with might give them an edge. A narrow Wolves win perhaps? If I was pushed for a score I would say 2-1 to Wolves.

Wolves to win @ 2.62 with BetVictor

HT/FT - Draw/Wolves @ 6.50 with Betfred

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Millwall have been undefeated in their last 12 games in Championship.
Fulham have scored in each of their last 16 games in Championship.
Bristol City have failed to win in their last 8 away games in Championship.
Millwall have scored in each of their last 9 games in Championship.
Nottm Forest have been undefeated in their last 7 games in Championship.

You can find interesting 99 Football Betting Streaks for 30.03.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-30-03-2018-9009

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Hull City conceded at least one goal in 74% of their home matches in Championship.
68% of Birmingham City's matches had under 2.5 goals in Championship.
Birmingham City have failed to score in 53% of their home matches in Championship.
70% of Birmingham City's points have been earned at home in Championship.
Ipswich Town have scored in 74% of their away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 103 Football Betting Streaks for 31.03.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-31-03-2018-9015

Birmingham vs Ipswich

One match that really caught my eye when browsing through the fixtures this weekend was this game scheduled for St Andrew's at 3pm today. Relegation battlers Birmingham entertain mid-table Ipswich and it's got a lot of very interesting value floating around it.

Birmingham were on an awful run of form until their last match when they beat an in-form Hull 3-0. It coincided with the return of influential midfielder David Davis. Ipswich are embroiled in their own troubles with the club confirming that manager Mick McCarthy will depart the club at the end of the season. Both promotion and relegation now seem realistically out of the question so what does the squad have to fight for now? It was a poorly timed announcement by the Tractor Boys for me.

Taking those major factors into consideration, the price on a Birmingham win seems incredible. This is the time of the season when results go awry at the top and bottom. Gary Monk's side might be in 22nd place and 1 point from safety but I think Monk has got his side clicking at last. The international break will have given him even more time with the players so I can seem them performing even more cohesively here.

Birmingham to win @ 2.10 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.56 with SunBets