** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBA 2018

• 3 weeks later...

Am I to understand that the Golden State Warriors are only the eighth best team in the Western conference ?

Wouldnt thst suugest there’s something wrong with the ratings system ?

Presumably anyone who thinks this ratings system is fine will have bet big on Utah Jazz ?

(I’m gonna have a bet on Utah just in case ,but I’m very sceptical . Presumably the best teams don’t  try 100% until there’s something at stake as there would be in the play offs )

On 11/04/2018 at 2:27 PM, moggis said:

Am I to understand that the Golden State Warriors are only the eighth best team in the Western conference ?

Wouldnt thst suugest there’s something wrong with the ratings system ?

Presumably anyone who thinks this ratings system is fine will have bet big on Utah Jazz ?

(I’m gonna have a bet on Utah just in case ,but I’m very sceptical . Presumably the best teams don’t  try 100% until there’s something at stake as there would be in the play offs )

Based on pure numbers generated over the past 32 matches yes; over this period they haven't been at their best going 18-14 in W/L. It's important to note that their "big 4" players haven't all been on court together too often over that period. If you look at the 64-match ratings they move up to 3rd in their conference, that being said they have had their worst season in the last 4.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 16/10/2018 at 11:05 AM, Gabosbet said:

there are very interesting changes on the teams. James in Lakers really surprised me :eek hahaha he's just changed to win for the teams. At the end he's alone trying to win

kind of true, but Lebron is always a plus in any team :ok and lakers now have McGee, who is also a good player

My first pick from this season: New Orleans Pelicans AH-6 against LA Clippers @1.86 with Pinnacle

Pelicans have started the season in a good level and Clippers is trying to have a team afeter players like Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan left. Right now Pelicans is a better team so I think they'll win.

Pacers -3.50 (AH) vs Trail Blazers @ 1.793 with Pinnacle

The Portland Trail Blazers and Indiana Pacers meet today in NBA. Trail Blazers look for their second road win of the season. They are averaging 122.4 points and allowing 117.2 points. They’ve lost 6 of their last 7 road games. The Indiana Pacers look to remain undefeated at home and are averaging 111.7 points and allowing 102.8 points. They’ve won 6 of their last 7 home games. At home, you should be for the Pacers.

nuggets vs rockets

Denver is the favorite here, they are home and also have had good performance so far. They have 3 losses in a row and will be in front of a hard team, Houston count with Harden and paul, nut they havent made their best till now. on average,, rockets make 102.7 pts and nuggets 109.9, also denver is having a good defense.

my bet is Denver -3.50 @ 1.877 with Pinnacle

Heat vs Nets: over 217.5 @ 1.952 with Pinnacle

Miami Heat have lost 6 of their last 8 games and they will expect to avoid another straight loss after falling to the 76ers 124-114 on mon. Brooklyn Nets have won 4 of their last 7 games but they will try to avoid another straight loss too, after falling to the Timberwolves 120-113 last monday. The Nets have played generally well, but wont count with LeVert and the Heat should take advantage of it.

4 hours ago, Gabosbet said:

Heat vs Nets: over 217.5 @ 1.952 with Pinnacle

Miami Heat have lost 6 of their last 8 games and they will expect to avoid another straight loss after falling to the 76ers 124-114 on mon. Brooklyn Nets have won 4 of their last 7 games but they will try to avoid another straight loss too, after falling to the Timberwolves 120-113 last monday. The Nets have played generally well, but wont count with LeVert and the Heat should take advantage of it.

I think I prefer to bet on Miami straight win instead

20/11/2018 01.00 CET

Philadelphia 76ers v Phoenix Suns 

Under 221 @ 1.83 with Bet365

3 game in 4 games for Philadelphia, that come from the thrilling overtime against Charlotte, where their 5 starters all played more than 30 minutes. I think that the pace here will be much slower to cover these numbers. I think the totals will be much lower. Let's pray for no overtime, since It counts for the totals :notworthy

Hornets to beat Celtics @ 2.320 with Pinnacle

Charlotte dindt win against Philadelphia on Sat by few pts and that should be enough experience to not repeat this situation again. Boston, plays its 3rd game in 4 nights and had some problems in attack that are evident since the beginning of the season, so i expect more chances for a victory of the Charlotte Hornets.

The Magic has won some matches but still are below average on the offensive and Toronto has a high offensive attack. Lowry is expected to play after leaving with an ankle injury. Leonard is likely to play as Toronto has had 2 days off. For me this game is in favorr of the Raptors and they could break Orlando’s win streak.

My bet is Toronto Raptors -5.5 @ 1.793 pinnacle

Houston Rockets at Washington Wizards +3.50 @ 1.847 Pinnacle

Houston is the favorite in this game. They come here with a 9-9 record and are 4th in the Southwest division. Wizards have a record of 7-12 this season and are also 4th in Southeast Division. Houston avergae points is the 106.9 per game and for Washington is 112.2.

• 2 weeks later...

Mavericks vs Trail Blazers 

Dallas didnt have the best start but now with some key players, they are getting a dangerous team very solid, especially when playing at home. They had some players with minor injuries, but problably they will play tonight. 

On the other side, Portland is a solid team with no good quality on the bench. So to make it shorter, I think that this is a game in which dallas will take advantae. 

Dallas Mavericks -1.00 @ 1.925 Pinnacle

Phoenix Suns - Sacramento Kings
Bet: Kings -6.5 @2.12 Pinnacle
Talking Stick Resort Arena, Phoenix

Suns welcomes Kings in this matchup. Suns have 4 wins and 19 losses this season, it's a franchise worst start ever. Suns have lost 5 in a row and sits bottom of the Western conference. They have miserable stats this season and are fully capable of losing a homegame by double digits nowadays as they did in their last homegame by 14 points to Magic. Now Suns are also missing their two best scorers Devin Booker and TJ Warren with unknown date of return for both players.

Booker tweaked a hamstring when he was breaking a long pass in the second quarter of a loss to the Lakers this sunday while Warren have missed the last two games with ankle soarness and none of them are expected to play versus Kings.

A Suns with a franchise worst start without their two best scorers are worse than usual. Kings starts a roadtrip also with this game are they will be focused with a healthy roster and coming from a tight homewin versus Pacers giving them confidence and they beat the Suns last time the met in October by 4 points. I think we're talking 10+ points margin of win here for the Kings when the Suns are missing Booker and Warren. A Kings win is highly likely and not unlikely that it might come by 7 points or more.

Boston Celtics vs New York Knicks

Boston is able to play great basket against most of teams in the league. They have a good quality and are rested after 4 days off. While Knicks wont count on Burke for knee sprain and in gneral i dont think they are able to beat a well healthy Boston team. I believe this will be the 4th straight win for Celtics. 

My pick is Boston Celtics -11.5 @ 1.763 pinnacle

New Orleans Pelicans AH +6,00 @ 2.190 pinnacle vs Boston Celtics

I dont see the Pelicans losing for more than 6 points, yesterday tthey had a good game and won. Anthony Davis is in excellent form but now they play against the Celtics that have had a streak of wins playing home. I think it will be a hard game that maybe will be defined in the last quarter.

Golden State Warriors vs Toronto Raptors

The Wrriors went through a bad moment at the beginning of the season, they had more than a month without a win. But Curry is back again and also Green, so things are getting better. They have now 4 wins in a row in their last games. 

Toronto won against Clippers where they played without their star Leonard for injury, but hes expected to play this time. I think Warriors will do their best in this game. 

Warriors AH -5.50 @ 1.735 Pinnacle

Houston Rockets vs Utah Jazz

Houston make 109 pts on average per game and in the last 5 as local made 118 average, they have games with lot of points.

Utah is a good team too when talking about average points, almost 107 and made 104 in their last 5 games. I think they will give a good fight to Rockets, that are actually not playing as we thought they would be.

Over 211pts @ 1.869 Pinnacle