** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Europa League Predictions > Apr 5th

• 3 weeks later...

Arsenal vs CSKA Moscow

It's the Europa League Quarter-Finals this week and there is really only one game I was going to pick first to preview from these matches. That's right, every punter's least favourite side! Arsenal! Let's see what the bunch of useless crabs can do this week to mess up our bets.

If we look at the recent league form of the Gunners it really doesn't add any confidence to our thoughts about backing them to win this game. 4 wins, 5 defeats, and 1 draw from their last 10 league games. However, their Europa League campaign has been a bit more positive. Arsene Wenger's side qualified easily from Group H as group winners with just 1 defeat. It was a group that contained BATE Borisov, FC Koln, and Red Star Belgrade. They then beat Swedish side Ostersunds FK whom they beat 4-2 on aggregate. It really should have been easier but Wenger played a back-up side in the second leg and those lads almost ballsed it all up. Then there was the impressive 5-1 aggregate win over AC Milan in the last round.

CSKA Moscow come into this game as firm underdogs but they are by no means mugs. If they can take a draw or win from this tie then they will fancy themselves beating Arsenal out at the VEB Arena. Even a one-goal defeat might not be considered a terrible score.

Viktor Goncharenko's side currently 3rd in the Russian Premier League and only 5 points behind league leaders Lokomotiv Moscow. Champions League qualification through the league is certainly a priority for them but they are now only five matches away from a major European title so this competition will definitely be considered vitally important.

Their Europa League campaign so far has been very different to Arsenal. They were initially in the Champions League and eased through qualifying without conceding a single goal against Greek side AEK Athens and then Swiss club Young Boys. In Group A, they finished 3rd behind Manchester United and FC Basel. This saw them qualify for the Europa League knock-out stage.

To be honest, it's not been an easy ride for them. They needed a single goal in their second leg against Red Star Belgrade to progress with a 1-0 aggregate win. In the last 16, they then held off a Lyon comeback in France to qualify for the Quarter-Finals on away goals after a 3-3 draw on aggregate.

CSKA will definitely have one eye on the weekend's derby game with Dinamo Moscow. A loss could see Zenit St Petersburg leapfrog them into the Champions League places. Arsenal don't have that worry. Any hope of Champions League football next season now rests on this competition.

On that basis, I think we could see a rampant Arsenal here. Their form at the Emirates this season has generally been very solid. They have only suffered defeat at home three times this season. I expect them to be dominant here and come away with at least a one goal win. I'm tempted to back them at a -1 handicap as well.

Arsenal HT/FT @ 2.00 with Ladbrokes

Arsenal -1 @ 1.95 with Betfred

@delfino, @KikoCy, @giraldi, @Icongene, @dogmeister, @rangers234, @Pipoca, @Notorious, @ElPrincipito007, @KingSoccertips, @vasilli07, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @DW_United, @discipline, @WinningAdvice, @arvee, @silverfox, @FrenchEskimo, @liamcorrigan86, @ElPrincipito007, @Neubs, @TOTTI3, @Simeon Borisof, @Charon84, @Magic0024, @Xcout, @arsenalfh, @BJO, @footballeye, @gamblerxxx, and @CloughandTaylor, what bets are you guys lining up for these matches tomorrow?

Atletico Madrid vs Sporting CP

The second match I am going to preview for the Europa League Quarter-Finals is almost a like-for-like with the Arsenal vs CSKA Moscow game. One solid favourite that I feel could win comfortably against a side that is doing well in a less competitive league so might see this competition as a second priority.

Spanish club Atletico Madrid are 2nd in La Liga. Realistic hopes of catching league leaders Barcelona are dying but they are 20 points clear of 5th place so Champions League football is all but guaranteed for next season. So this competition is a great chance to add some silverware to their impressive campaign.

Portuguese side Sporting CP are once again part of the elite four in the Primeira Liga along with Benfica, Porto, and Braga. Unfortunately, Jorge Jesus and his men are in 3rd place and 5 points behind second placed Porto. So qualification for the Champions League is still possible but it will be tough. However, there are still enough games left for Sporting CP to gate crash the top two.

In terms of their European progress, Atletico Madrid finished 3rd in their Champions League group behind Roma and Chelsea so entered the Europa League knock-out stage. It is far to say it has been easy work so far. A 5-1 aggregate win over FC Copenhagen in the last 32 was followed up by an 8-1 victory against Lokomotiv Moscow in the last 16. It's scary stuff for Sporting CP fans to look at.

Sporting CP were also in the Champions League but expectantly finished 3rd in their group behind Barcelona and Juventus. In the Europa League last 32 they beat Kazakhstan side Astana 6-4 on aggregate before disposing of Czech Republic club Viktoria Plzen 3-2 on aggregate after extra time. So it has been far from simple.

My feeling is that Atletico Madrid will want to do as much damage as possible in this home leg. They have the quality to win this game well. I think the value is in a comfortable two goal or more win for Diego Simeone's side. It just looks like Atletico Madrid will be too good here.

Atletico Madrid -1 @ 1.95 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 2.01 with 188Bet

Arsenal v CSKA Moscow

Arsenal: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (6/5 f, cup-tied), Santi Cazorla (0/0 m)

CSKA Moscow: Kirill Nababkin (14/0 d, suspended), Astemir Gordyushenko (6/0 m), Viktor Vasin (16/2 d), Mario Fernandes (19/0 d)

Atlético Madrid v Sporting Lisboa

Atlético Madrid: José María Giménez (20/1 d), Filipe Luis (17/1 d), Šime Vrsaljko (16/0 d)

Sporting Lisboa: William Carvalho (22/1 m), Doumbia (13/0 f)(both doubtful), Mišić (2/0 m, cup-tied), Bruno César (18/0 m), Daniel Podence (12/0 f), Rafael Leão (3/1 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Atletico Madrid is a very experienced team and with its strong seat, it can win today, Sporting is vulnerable defensive and I see today to lose
ATLETICO MADRID vs SPORTING CP @@ ATLETICO MADRID, odds 1.34 

In this pair there is no clear favorite, I think everything will be judged in the repetitive, the two teams score easily and easily accept the goal and I expect to reach a goal
SS LAZIO ROMA vs FC SALZBURG @@ Both team to score, odds 1.75

Everything is open to this match, they have excellent attacks, while they have defensive gaps, I expect many goals in the match
RB LEIPZIG vs OLYMPIQUE MARSEILLE @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.70

Football Facts and Streaks regarding UEFA Europa League

Atletico Madrid have won their last 6 home matches in La Liga.
    Salzburg are undefeated in their last 15 games in UEFA Europa League.
    80% of Lazio's matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Serie A.
    Salzburg have been undefeated in their last 10 away matches in T-Mobile Bundesliga.
    RB Leipzig have scored in 100% of their home matches in Bundesliga.
    Arsenal have scored 72% of their goals at home in Premier League.

You can find interesting 71 Football Betting Streaks for 05.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-05-04-2018-9082