** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Mar 31st & Apr 1st

eplratings.jpg

Here are the odds and ratings for the next round of Premier League fixtures. The games are two weeks away due to the international break but it's never too early to start bouncing tips and predictions off each other. Chelsea versus Tottenham being the big game of the weekend here. Give us your thoughts on the matches! :ok

2 hours ago, Daznvern said:

The value bet must be Burnley to beat West Brom away from home. 

Burnley have picked up 21 points on the road and sit 7th in the away table. West Brom are rock bottem on the home table and overall table and look awful.  Even money its a very good bet. 

I also read somewhere that Alan Pardew has only won 2 of his last 28 matches as a Premier League manager. He has literally forgotten how to win in the top flight.

Brighton V Leicester

"Albion’s record against the Foxes at the Amex has been impressive, taking seven points from a possible nine, while recording a league double during the 2013/14 season, which saw the Foxes win promotion to the Premier League"

So our record against the Foxes at home is a decent one, and I feel that all the players will be itching to get back to winning ways at another sold out, packed and noisy Amex.

Brighton need another 6 points to guarantee safety, and I feel we can get at least a draw here, with a good shout for all 3. Ill definateley be backing BTTS, perhaps O2.5 too, it should be an open attacking encounter, with both teams going for it.

Ill post some tips up tomorrow.

West Ham vs Southampton

There are a few Premier League matches on television this weekend but my first preview is for a game that is almost certain to draw a lot of attention due to the unrest at the London City Stadium for West Ham's last game and the fact that this is the first game Mark Hughes will take charge of Southampton in the Premier League.

This is set to be a crucial game for both sides in their fight to stay in the Premier League. The Hammers are lingering in 17th place just one spot and 2 points above the relegation zone. The Saints are that team directly below them in 18th spot. The board sacked Mauricio Pellegrino and replaced him with Hughes. It was a controversial appointment but he has already guided them to the FA Cup Semi-Final in his first game in charge and the team certainly showed more heart under his management than under Pellegrino.

The chaotic scenes witnessed at West Ham's last home game were unsavoury. The fallout was massive. Dozens of fans banned for life. Mark Noble sending a message to disgruntled fans to support the team or stay away. It's a broken club right now with the board being the focus for the aggression of the fans. However, the fact remains that David Moyes has seen his team lose just 2 of their last 10 matches at home.

It is a game that neither side can afford to lose. I think after the last home game, West Ham would see a draw and keeping the gap between themselves and Southampton at 2 points as a positive. Not ideal but certainly a positive. Southampton simply cannot accept losing any more ground on the teams outside the relegation zone. Will Hughes throw caution to the wind and attack the Hammers? Or will he look to kill the game and grind out a bore draw trying to snatch a winner on the counter?

I certainly think it will be nervy. I'm interested to see how both managers set up for this game. Both teams need to start picking up points as soon as possible. Southampton have only won 2 out of their 14 away games but that was under Pellegrino. I expect them to be improved under Hughes. Improved enough to win? I'm sceptical. I certainly think they can take something from this game.

Draw @ 2.70 with Betway

BTTS @ 1.91 with William Hill

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @jamiedavies02, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, and @AndreBR, what bets are you guys placing on this weekend's Premier League matches?

On 3/19/2018 at 5:41 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

I also read somewhere that Alan Pardew has only won 2 of his last 28 matches as a Premier League manager. He has literally forgotten how to win in the top flight.

Yes...

His stats with West Brom (EPL games)

DLDLLDDLWDLLLLLLL - 1W 5D 11L, 12 scored and 28 conceded

His string of EPL losing streak starts from 1/10/2016 Everton 1-1 Crystal Palace

DLLLLLLWDLL - 1W 2D 8L, 18 scored and 25 scored

I worry for West Brom if they are relegated back and Pardew is still at the helm

Everton vs Man City

Anyone fancy a slip here by Man City ?

Has always been a tough day at Goodison Park, though Big Sam's records against big teams are not that good...

Some tough times ahead for Man City with Liverpool (UCL), Man Utd (EPL), Liverpool (UCL) and Tottenham (EPL) after that

Edited by mrclubbie

1 hour ago, mrclubbie said:

Everton vs Man City

Anyone fancy a slip here by Man City ?

Has always been a tough day at Goodison Park, though Big Sam's records against big teams are not that good...

Some tough times ahead for Man City with Liverpool (UCL), Man Utd (EPL), Liverpool (UCL) and Tottenham (EPL) after that

12/1 at home is ridiculous for ANY Premier League team that is for certain. There is a system that if you backed every Premier League team above 4/1 you make a profit guaranteed, but I don't know the updated stats on that from a few years back. I'll put it on the list to do an article on. :ok 

1 hour ago, Sir Puntalot said:

12/1 at home is ridiculous for ANY Premier League team that is for certain. There is a system that if you backed every Premier League team above 4/1 you make a profit guaranteed, but I don't know the updated stats on that from a few years back. I'll put it on the list to do an article on. :ok 

It is ridiculous, yes. It is not like as if Everton is at the bottom of the league table. Or has Man City been overrated by degree too much based on their good form this season ?

Edited by mrclubbie

West Ham v Southampton

West Ham: Manuel Lanzini (21/3 m), James Collins (11/1 d)(both doubtful), Winston Reid (17/0 d), Sam Byram (5/0 d), Pedro Obiang (20/2 m), Andy Carroll (12/2 f)

Southampton: no absences

Everton FC v Manchester City

Everton FC: Idrissa Gana Gueye (27/1 m, doubtful), Ashley Williams (24/1 d, suspended), Gylfi Sigurðsson (27/4 m), Eliaquim Mangala (2/0 d), James McCarthy (4/0 m), Maarten Stekelenburg (0/0 g), Mason Holgate (15/0 d)

Manchester City: Sergio Agüero (24/21 f, top scorer, doubtful), Benjamin Mendy (4/0 d), John Stones (16/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

West Ham Utd have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Premier League.
West Bromwich conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 8 matches in Premier League.
West Bromwich have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 home matches in Premier League.
31% of Burnley's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Man City have won 89% of their last 28 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 103 Football Betting Streaks for 31.03.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-31-03-2018-9015

Arsenal vs Stoke

This season has been one to forget for Arsenal but they are looking to build on the positive 3-0 win against Watford a few weeks ago to solidify their Europa League qualification berth in the league as they welcome a struggling Stoke to the Emirates Stadium in the 1:30pm kick off this Sunday.

The Gunners had lost three league games on the trot before that annihilation of the Hornets. Their destruction of a highly-rated AC Milan in the Europa League has also led to suspicion that Arsene Wenger might be turning their form around. Typical Wenger, always inconsistent! #WengerOut

Paul Lambert was a controversial appointment as Stoke manager and he's not really managed to defy expectations of the critics. The Potters are now languishing in 19th place on 27 points. It now means they are without a win in 7 league games and have only scored 1 goal in their last 3 league matches. They are 3 points adrift of safety and the two sides above them have a game in hand on them.

I feel this is the exact sort of game where Arsenal will run riot. Stoke cannot really afford to sit back and take attack after attack from the home side. However, if Stoke go toe-to-toe with Arsenal then they will be playing a dangerous game. Their play in the final third has been shocking so Lambert is working with scraps. I just can't see Stoke even competing here.

Arsenal -1 @ 1.80 with Coral

Arsenal HT/FT @ 1.91 with BetVictor

Chelsea vs Tottenham

The big game in the Premier League this weekend is at Stamford Bridge where Chelsea will entertain Tottenham. It's undoubtedly one of the toughest matches to call this season. Antonio Conte's side are in 5th place on 56 points but struggling to find any real consistency all season. Mauricio Pochettino's travelling Spurs team are in 4th place on 61 points but prone to dropping points in the games that matter.

There had been concerns for Tottenham fans when Harry Kane was ruled out through injury but his team mates have done the business in his absence. The premature exit from the Champions League has seemingly motivated the players to compensate in the league. It's now four wins on the bounce for Tottenham in the league. However, Chelsea are a tough team to beat at home.

One of the main causes of concern for Chelsea is their inability to put together a run of wins in 2018. The Blues have only managed to secure wins in 3 of their 9 league matches since the turn of the year. When you also consider that Tottenham are unbeaten in their last six away matches in league football, it's looking like the stats are slightly favouring the away side to take something here.

Conte has had the better of Pochettino since he became Chelsea manager. He has notched up three wins against his counterpart in their last 4 meetings. It's also been a while since Tottenham took all three points at Stamford Bridge in a Premier League game. You have to go all the way back to 10th February, 1990 to find such a result. Past head-to-head meetings are rarely seriously considered by most punters but that stat will certainly play on the minds of the players and fans.

My feeling is that the smart money is on a score draw. Chelsea will take the game to Tottenham but the away side should have enough to give as good as they get. I'm anticipating a very intriguing match-up. If I was pushed on a correct score I would say 1-1 or 2-2. My tip would have to be backing both teams to score in a drawn game.

Draw @ 3.40 with Betfred

BTTS @ 1.80 with Bet365

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Arsenal have scored in 93% of their home matches in Premier League.
Stoke City have failed to win in their last 7 matches in Premier League.
30% of Stoke City's points have been earned away in Premier League.
Stoke City have failed to win in their last 10 away matches in Premier League.
Chelsea have won 82% of their last 11 home games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 100 Football Betting Streaks for 01.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-01-04-2018-9017

i'm afraid you got that tip wrong stevie. i think chelsea will win and i am going to bet big on them. i am confident at stamford bridge they will get the three points and the motivation will be great because of two factors. antonio conte's future depends on this match and chelsea champions league place depends on it also. a victory would close the gap on tottenham and i just don't see tottenham getting even a draw. 

20 hours ago, sajtion said:

i'm afraid you got that tip wrong stevie. i think chelsea will win and i am going to bet big on them. i am confident at stamford bridge they will get the three points and the motivation will be great because of two factors. antonio conte's future depends on this match and chelsea champions league place depends on it also. a victory would close the gap on tottenham and i just don't see tottenham getting even a draw. 

Looks like Chelsea made two of us wrong, @sajtion! Knew there was a reason I didn't like them! That and the fact their hooligans almost killed my mother by launching broken bottles at us as myself, her, and my brother walked to the game when we played them in the FA Cup a few years back.