** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

March 19 - April 1

CHARDY VS DIMITROV

With the general atmosphere in the forum running cold and regular tipsters seeming to develop cold feet from the fear of being consistently wrong, I could not have found a better opportunity to throw down thegauntlet:drums

This one really should not require much ink from my pen as the matchup and current form of both players would seem to speak for itself. Although Dimitrov leads the H2H 3-1, having won the last 3 on hard courts, Chardy has shown on each occassion that his game matches up well to Dimitrov's and could easily have won either of those matches had things gone his way. This in my opinion presents a clear opportunity for a Chardy victory from the look of things. I will play safe instead and put the smart money on Chardy to win a set 8/11 (9/10). Good luck.

Pablo Carreno-Busta to beat Steve Johnson at 2.00 with Paddy Power

The Miami conditions don't look all that fast to me, which should hand PCB the advantage in this match-up. Both players are now starting to get back into some form, but PCB's dominance in rallies should be the key here. 1.80 would be my odds.

Denis Shapovalov to beat Sam Querrey at 2.12 with Unibet

Based on what I saw from Querrey in his match against Albot, I simply have to side with Shapovalov, who should be fine unless he breaks himself too many times. Querrey doesn't have the defensive weapons that are needed to deal with the Canadian's winners, so he'll have to rely on serving well, which is something that he wasn't really able to do against Albot. At odds against, Shapovalov has to be the play here.

Collins Vs Puig

With so many interesting and hard-to-figure-matchups on offer today, I have decided to swerve the main bulk of imponderables and focus on a match that I feel certain of the outcome.:beer. Collins has been playing very well since the beginning of the year and most especially over the last couple of weeks. Puig on the other hand who has long abandoned her early career promise seems to be picking up the initiative again in slow motion. I really do not think that the fire in Puig's game at the moment is evident enough to suggest that she could upstage this gritty home representative who to all intents and purposes is enjoying a wave of purple patch. However, I somehow believe it is really Puig who has begun to unleash the sort of run that could see her in the final in a few days time. I feel confident to choose class over form and stay on the Puig express that has already dropped a hint of being purpose bound. Puig to win here 4/6 by any means necessary. Good Luck.

Quite a few interesting matches today, but I'm not sure how much is there to bet on.

Nick Kyrgios to beat Alexander Zverev at 1.80 with Paddy Power

The price is already dropping at some places and understandably so. Kyrgios has been dominating this match-up so far, with only two exceptions that happened in special circumstances. Zverev isn't particularly great at the moment though, so I'll go with the King today. He did need some time off, but he looks hungry - and he was surprisingly focused against both Fognini and Lajovic.

On 25/3/2018 at 11:18 PM, CzechPunter said:

Pablo Carreno-Busta to beat Steve Johnson at 2.00 with Paddy Power

The Miami conditions don't look all that fast to me, which should hand PCB the advantage in this match-up. Both players are now starting to get back into some form, but PCB's dominance in rallies should be the key here. 1.80 would be my odds.

Denis Shapovalov to beat Sam Querrey at 2.12 with Unibet

Based on what I saw from Querrey in his match against Albot, I simply have to side with Shapovalov, who should be fine unless he breaks himself too many times. Querrey doesn't have the defensive weapons that are needed to deal with the Canadian's winners, so he'll have to rely on serving well, which is something that he wasn't really able to do against Albot. At odds against, Shapovalov has to be the play here.

Thanks!!!!!

AZARENKA-STEPHENS
Full Event Home -2.50 (AH) @ 1.862
3/10

Oh boy she is back!! Vika is playing amazing tennis. She broke Karolina Pliskova 7 times. Yes 7 times in a 2 sets match. Its the best serve game in Wta and she toyed with her service game. She is moving so well and very very hungry + this a revenge match for Vika. She lost to Sloane recently but it was her 2nd match of the season and she was clearly not as fit as of now. She beat world class players left and right. Sloane is playing very good too but I see Vika as a different animal right now. I expect a set with multiple breaks for her which would enough for games handicap. Sloane's wins looks impressive but Kerber was a no show after gruelling match against Wang and Muguruza is not playing good lately. On paper their wins looks equal but Azarenka beat better opponents for me.

Edited by gg-77

Pablo Carreno-Busta (+3.5) to beat Kevin Anderson at 1.85 with Marathonbet

The H2H between the two, is, of course, horrible for Busta, but it feels to me that this could be even closer than their previous meetings, as he's just flying this week, beating everyone with ease and really enjoying the conditions. Anderson was lucky to get the tired Tiafoe yesterday and nearly made a mess out of it, might be running out of steam honestly.

1 hour ago, gg-77 said:
AZARENKA-STEPHENS
Full Event Home -2.50 (AH) @ 1.862
3/10

Oh boy she is back!! Vika is playing amazing tennis. She broke Karolina Pliskova 7 times. Yes 7 times in a 2 sets match. Its the best serve game in Wta and she toyed with her service game. She is moving so well and very very hungry + this a revenge match for Vika. She lost to Sloane recently but it was her 2nd match of the season and she was clearly not as fit as of now. She beat world class players left and right. Sloane is playing very good too but I see Vika as a different animal right now. I expect a set with multiple breaks for her which would enough for games handicap. Sloane's wins looks impressive but Kerber was a no show after gruelling match against Wang and Muguruza is not playing good lately. On paper their wins looks equal but Azarenka beat better opponents for me.

I came here to ask what were the opinions about this match as I am on Stephens @2,52 (Marathonbet) :)

I find this price a bit too high given the fact that their previous meeting was only 2 weeks ago and Stephens had some nice wins since then.

Its not that high of a stake for me but previously Vika dominated Stephens until last match. Stephens can win sure like i said she is playing well too. Pliskova played really good after 5-2 first set vs Vika and still she got beat. I donno i'm impressed with Vika she looks fitter than ever.

Victoria Azarenka/Sloane Stephens over 2.5 sets at 2.25 with bet365

Vikas wins against Sloane came before she put in the work to come back from injury and get the results. Now it's more like 50/50 of who wins between them. Vika dominated Sloane in Australian open, not in any US based tournament. I'd stay away from this one with winners as it looks to close to call but fair price for Sloane should probably not be as big as it was when the odds where released. Now Sloane stands at 2.10 with bet365 and that seems reasonable. However this goes I think over 2 sets feels like a good option as they both are pretty evenly matched right now. Don't overrate Vikas win against Karolina Pliskova as Karolina is playing crap these days.

Now i have been following both Vikas and Sloanes matches. Needless to say both have been playing good. I think this one of those scenarios where you could make a case for both players. Best to cautious, as whenever i have gone into such matches,,the opponent always beats my pick with ease. A gun to my head i would say Sloane to edge it.

What do you all people think about Jelana Ostapenkos chances against Danielle Collins? Shouldn't Danielles run end now? She's up against a big hitting winners machine in Jelena. Should be a final between Sloane and Jelena.

Reason why I'm asking about Jelenas chances is because I have a treble running on Martin Klizan to beat Marco Trungelliti in Marbella which he already has by 6-1 6-2 and Borna Coric to win v Sascha Zverev and Jelena to beat DRC.

20 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Shouldn't her run have ended against Williams? Anything can happen when it comes to Ostapenko, the odds are about right I guess.

One of the players can win is all that can happen so I don't think anything can happen. Will I lose my bet on Jelena is what I'm wondering.

Pablo Carreno-Busta (+1.5 sets) to beat Alexander Zverev at 1.80 with 10Bet

PCB could, of course, come crashing down after all the heroics yesterday, but I think he won't. Instead, I think that he'll draw from the fact that he's finally beaten his nemesis, so a good performance should be on the cards from him. Zverev is certainly beatable for PCB in these conditions, but I like the set handicap even more, as Sascha is more than capable of throwing a set away if met with resistance from the Spaniard.

E Makarova / E Vesnina - A Barty / C Vandeweghe

Full Event Away (ML) @ 2.53
2/10 
 Tennis / Doubles / Kick off: 31 Mar 2018, 03:20

I don't think Russian pair is their best atm. They are not serving well and start to loss to good opponents regularly. Barty and Coco are not that used to play together but they are very good doubles players. They are serving better and obviosuly better servers than Russians. The crowd will be cheering for them too. Russian pair struggles with that. They could lose their mojo with pressure very quickly. This match could go either way imo. Odds are too generous.

Juan Martin Del Potro - John Isner

first set Away (ML) @ 2.37
3/10 PINNACLE
 Tennis / ATP / Kick off: 30 Mar 2018, 20:00

At noon while feeling very confident after smashing Chung with a fresh arm John will be unbreakable imo. Delpo is playing lights out but we all know he has physical problems and he played too many games in this month. With that toll on you you tend to start very slow and tired it takes time to get going which was case in the last game. You start slow you peak and you drop i think in that slow start John will punish him. I expect a better second set from Delpo and John to finish things up. But the safest thing for me is that in that 1st set John will at least take it to the tiebreak and I'll John against anyone in tiebreaks at US hard courts.

Just a small in-play tip again. And once again it's about a delayed match in Betfair, that started yesterday and will start again in about an hour of 2-3. It's the doubles match King/Klahn - Denolly Jomby.at the Le Gosies Challenger. King/Klahn were about favorites with odds being around 1,5 for them. Now they are a break up, when the match got delayed and when it was delayed they were trading around 1,3 - 1,25. 

However at Betfair some people seems to have the score mixed up or something else because sometimes people are laying odds of around 1,5 of higher and sometimes even about 1,8 and 2 on King Klahn. I'm not saying they will win but real odds are around 1,25 - 1,3 now so if you're lucky to catch some of the higher odds it should be a good trading opportunity for when the match will start again. Good luck!

Well, I chose to add a edit here, because later/ now the pretty big amounts of trying to back Denolly and Jomby at pretty low odds (considering what the actual odds are/ should be), have to make me think if something suspicious is going on. I don't recall King or Klahn being involved in those kind of things but I don't want to be naive. So the trading opportunity may still be there, but watch out I guess!

Edited by Crespo
market behaviour a bit suspicious

Well apologies, but pretty sure the match was indeed fixed. Donnelly and Jomby broke back to 4-4 and then odds went to 1,3 and even 1.1x seconds after that. Not sure if both Klahn and King were involved but def. one of them threw the match. Hope no one (besides myself) got hit by this.

Sascha Zverev/John Isner over 2.5 sets at 2.37 with bet365

John can serve bot again and take this the distance. Sascha is playing great right now but previous matches between them have gone the distance and I think it will do so again. They've met 3 times and Sascha has won all meetings but like two times last season I think this goes the distance. They met in Miami last season and it finished with 3 tie-breaks so mutch of the same to follow will probably be on the cards.