** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

March 19 - April 1

Katie Boulter (+5.5) to beat Taylor Townsend at 1.92 with Marathonbet

Boulter managed to beat Townsend 6-3 7-5 not that long ago in Rancho Santa Fe ITF. Townsend has managed to get some good results since then while Boulter hasn't, but I'm not sure that this line is completely correct nonetheless, I'd have it at +4 or even +3.5 honestly. Townsend hits well and has all the power in the world, but her movement can get exposed by players that are agile enough to defend for a while - and Boulter can certainly do that.

Hoang - Tomic 2.35 5Dimes

Hoang is a future Top 100. The dude got talent and he already beat some pretty good players this year on indoor. All of his matches this season are on this surface. This will be the first match of Tomic since AO. Probably he is warming up for clay season, because he missed American tournaments. Tomic's record last year at indoor is 2/4 and he was beaten by weaker plaers then Hoang.

Gibbs - Vikhlianceva 2.1 SBObet

They met last month in IW challenger. Gibbs won pretty easy with 2:0. Now she seems to be in better form.

Hemery - Kudla 2.9 Unibet

Kudla won his first match here after coming from Canada without a day rest. He wasn't so convinsing against Elias, who is mainly a clay court player. On the other hand Hemery is a player, who needs to find his form from the start of the tournament. He was very strong in his first match. The key point here will be Hemery's serve. If he did it well and not let Kudla to get BP, he will win. Kudla can't serve well, but he is very good in returns. This is my play of the day!

P.Kypson/C.Norrie - Over 18.5 games at 1.90 with Bet365

Kypson is one of the more promising American youngsters, with a nice win against Smyczek yesterday, should keep things at least tight honestly. Norrie is going to beat him I reckon, but not without a fight, especially if Kypson gets his serve going well.

Stefanie Vogele to beat Sofia Kenin at 1.90 with Marathonbet

Michael Mmoh (-2.5) to beat Christopher Eubanks at 1.72 with Bet365

I'd have Vogele as a pretty decent fav, she's been really good in recent months and has all the experience that's required to beat players like Kenin, who's still way too up and down for my liking. Meanwhile, Mmoh should simply be way too strong for Eubanks. The fact that Eubanks got a WC could actually hurt him really, as Mmoh played well in the qualifiers and should just carry the momentum over to the main draw. 

Meh, at least Vekic, Ymer, and Osaka won.

Guillermo Garcia-Lopez to beat Tennys Sandgren at 2.20 with Bet365

Bernarda Pera to beat Elise Mertens at 3.16 with Marathonbet

Going for two underdogs today, as Sandgren and Mertens look like pretty weak favourites to me at the moment. Both have been rather poor since the Australian Open, in fact, just struggling to get wins on the board after playing well in the first GS of the season. Their opponents, on the other hand, are producing relatively consistent results.

Edit: Pera is for tomorrow actually.

4pts M.Rybarikova to beat M.Niculescu 7/4 Ladbrokes
I'm going to take a punt on Rybarikova tonight. H2H is pretty close, Niculescu leads it 5-3 but only 2 of these(finished matches) were on the hard, and it was 1-1. They played on the hard court only recently in Hobart also, but Rybarikova retired from that match in the third set and it's interesting to see Ryb won the first set on a tie-break. Niculescu went out in round 1 here, as a favourite last year and although she's won easily in her Q matches, and she has a big advantage of playing vs not playing any games, I still think this match is closer than 7/4 for Rybarikova.

has anyone taken a look at the Istomin-Kecmanovic match?  Odds are even between the two and I know Denis hasn't been in the best of form, but Kecmanovic looks to be primarily a challenger player who has struggled with players below Istomin's level.

Kind of confused as to why Denis isn't a larger favorite in this matchup and I know nothing about Kecmanovic other than the unimpressive results.

2 hours ago, impressivegol said:

Thanks CP, I said Challenger player because he has had Zero matches in a main draw going into today. 

I see he's a promising young talent though who got a  WC and will probably be more familiar to tennis fans in coming months/years

4 hours ago, impressivegol said:

has anyone taken a look at the Istomin-Kecmanovic match?  Odds are even between the two and I know Denis hasn't been in the best of form, but Kecmanovic looks to be primarily a challenger player who has struggled with players below Istomin's level.

Kind of confused as to why Denis isn't a larger favorite in this matchup and I know nothing about Kecmanovic other than the unimpressive results.

Even if there is nothing tangible to go on Kecmanovic, the fact he has been given a wild card here and thrown in at 11/10 spells enough danger. Wild cards are always sharp in these kind of events and will take him in the blind to win against a passive Istomin.. Good luck!!!!

Kecmanovic started well, then Istomin found his footing, then he nearly choked it away, but a 2-0 scoreline it was. Three more for me today.

Benoit Paire (+1.5 sets) to beat Novak Djokovic at 2.22 with Pinnacle

Paire always brings his best to this kind of matches and Djokovic is still struggling. I wouldn't want to back this below evens, but, at 2.22, it certainly looks worth a play.

Petra Martic (-2.5) to beat Kristina Mladenovic at 1.80 with Bet365

It's still really hard to like Mladenovic, even though she has already recovered from that awful run of form. Martic appears to be on a higher level at the moment, however, and should draw confidence from her good R1 win. Chances are that she'll just start to outplay Mladenovic from some point.

Osaka looks a good price to beat Svitolina considering the form of Osaka right now. 8 wins in a row against some real quality players. Svitolina beat her this year, but she's beat some real quality players with ease since then and you'd imagine Svitolina only wins that match, if Osaka starts going for too much.  

4 hours ago, Fader said:

Anyone heard anything about Gasquets injury? I just wonder why he is evens. Assume it's because of the injury which forced him to retire at Rotterdam?

No idea. But healthy or not you back Gasquet at your peril IMO

Quite decent yesterday with Martic and Paire winning, shame about Pera though.

Radu Albot (+4.5) to beat Sam Querrey at 1.82 with Marathonbet

I remember Albot running Querrey close in the US Open last year and this could be another such match. Querrey must be disappointed after that Raonic disaster and it could take a while for him to recover, while Albot tends to do reasonably well against players that rely on big serves. The +4.5 games line looks decent enough to me.

If you want to know what happened - Albot fell during the tie-break, got some treatment and played to the bitter end.

Petra Martic to beat Ashleigh Barty at 2.07 with Unibet

Going with Martic for Sunday. She's been rock-solid so far in this season, while Barty looks shaky to me these days. The power is still there, but it's too raw and she's struggling against players that she should be crushing. Honestly, I'd have the odds the other way around here.

3 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

If you want to know what happened - Albot fell during the tie-break, got some treatment and played to the bitter end.

Petra Martic to beat Ashleigh Barty at 2.07 with Unibet

Going with Martic for Sunday. She's been rock-solid so far in this season, while Barty looks shaky to me these days. The power is still there, but it's too raw and she's struggling against players that she should be crushing. Honestly, I'd have the odds the other way around here.

I kind of think on the contrary that the odds are right considering the state of affairs in the womens game. Nobody is dominating and all the big players seem to be taking it in turns to play well or win events. Barty is not playing too bad to think she would lose to a player who has already had a busy past week. Barty should win cosily for the same reasons the svitolina beat Osaka a couple of days ago. Barty is still in reasonable nick, is the fresher of the two and the one with the heavier shots. I would not imagine that she will need to be ultra consistent with her shots to cause maximum damage.