** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cheltenham ratings

2 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Just adding heavy ground horses to last two races .....just because ground dire ....

Burrows saint 10ptwin in 450 

Top gamble and gino trail in 530 ....all fastest on heavy ground horses .....10 pt wins 

One question re the stakes. How many points is the Betting Bank to start with ?

13 hours ago, Alastair said:

One question re the stakes. How many points is the Betting Bank to start with ?

I have the eqivalent to 1000 pts in my betting bank at all times ......I usually siphon off the profits ....I used to add them and increase my bets ....but my bank allows me to take loads of hits quite comfortably ......   this week I've probably won 1140 pts minus about 150 in losses so I think I'm well over 900 pts in profit for the fest which fits ........I'll take it out .....pay for a hol and start again .....and thats How  it rolls ......everyone takes hits ....I've lost 200 pts in past .....but it creeps back over coming weeks until bank is back to full strength then I can take profits out again ....luckily my bank was full prior to chelt...so profit is all mine now which is nice 

I do put money aside for festivals like chelt ..etc ....play money if you will...so I can get involved and not be bothered if you get your ass kicked cos that happens...it' racing......this week I had the eqivalent to about 200 pts set aside and expected to lose most of it because of the ground.......I didn' mind I was prepared for it .....luckily it didn' go that way .....so I can keep it for later now ....as long as I'm only losing what I can afford to lose I'm happy ......I just take a bit of pocket money each week and put into side fund for fests ....and it also acts as emergency fund for main bank ....I only bet what I can afford to lose 

Lincoln' is next .....flat is easier than jumps ......well usually lol

Edited by richard-westwood