** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Valspar Championship

Bamford

We haven't seen a Valspar Championship field like this for many a year. Jordan Spieth, Rory McIlroy, Sergio Garcia, Henrik Stenson, Justin Rose and Tiger Woods headline. It's pretty stacked and what that says is I expect is that the likes of Spieth and McIlroy are not happy with the current state of their games. This tournament in the past has been the graveyard of many punters when backing the big names - many of whom are more interested in grooming their games with Augusta in-mind that winning this relatively small tournament. The Copperhead Course is a par-71 brute - and with wind forecast across 36 holes this time around, don't expect last year's -14/270 to be the winning total. The winning score will be higher than that at I'd suggest the -10/-11 level. 

Ultimately those that can avoid bogeys will be the ones who come to the fore here. Those with controlled length have a little advantage, but pure power around here is pretty much negated. The TifEagle Bermudagrass greens aren't that tricky, but regularly finding the greens is a real challenge here - as is being able to save par when you miss them. Ultimately though strong, streaky putters get over the line here, at a course where straight 69s would be an excellent score this week.

I'm with Ryan Moore 40/1, Webb Simpson 50/1, Cameron Smith 50/1, Chez Reavie 66/1 and Charley Hoffman 100/1