Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

Championship Predictions > Mar 10th & 11th

champratings.jpg

There are midweek matches to get through first but once those are done and dusted we have no rest with the next round of Championship matches scheduled for this weekend. The stand-out fixture being the East Midlands derby between Nottingham Forest and Derby on Sunday. Give us your thoughts and any tips you may have after checking out the odds and ratings above! :ok

Cardiff vs Birmingham

At the beginning of this week, a number of fans and pundits in the media were stating that this could be the week we really solidify our hopes of automatic promotion with the "easy" games of Barnsley and Birmingham. Clearly, those clowns have no idea of what this week would entail. The Tykes showed on Tuesday night how tricky they would be. We were certainly fortunate to come away with the win in the end. Although it could also be argued that with better finishing we would have buried them by half-time.

Birmingham was a game many thought we would win earlier in the season but Steve Cotterill's appointment and the new manager effect put an end to those expectations. Once again, we play the Blues at a time when they have a new manager in charge. This time it's Garry Monk and let me tell you now, he bloody hates us! The ex-Swansea player has always been seen as a smug and self-righteous individual by Cardiff fans and it's resulted in a number of heated exchanges between our club and Monk.

I'm not blinded by my dislike for Monk. It's clear that there's a very competent manager in there. However, I think he started to believe his own hype and he's become his biggest problem. If he keeps his ego under control then he could turn Birmingham into a useful side. There were clearly signs of improvement when they played in midweek. That improvement is likely to be on display again this Saturday at the Cardiff City Stadium.

Sadly, our injury list grows even bigger. A local journalist, Paul Abbandonato, made a starting XI with our injured players. It includes Armand Traore, Lee Peltier, Sean Morrison, Jazz Richards, Aron Gunnarsson, Callum Paterson, Joe Ralls, Jamie Ward, Gary Madine, and Danny Ward. I would say Morrison, Gunnarsson, Paterson, and Ralls are four of our best players. Captain and vice-captain in that list too.

My concern is that unless we can get one or two of those four key players back for the game on Saturday then we will struggle. I expect we'll keep the same back four that we did against Barnsley. Connolly has done well when he's come in but unless he's started a dozen games he's always prone to an error or two as he gets fully match fit. Our central midfield will likely comprise of Grujic, Bryson, and Damour which is too lightweight. Zohore's confidence is really low and with our other strikers injured he's flat out on his feet. I'm worried. I think we'll do well to get a point here but even that could be a tall order. Keep an eye on our team news over the next couple of days. If a couple of players return against the odds then we might stand a chance. As a neutral view right now though, I have to back a low-scoring game with Birmingham worth backing as a double chance. I hope I'm wrong.

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.73 with Betfair

Birmingham Double Chance @ 2.40 with Paddy Power

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @harry_rag, @Pipoca, and @the bastardian, what bets are you guys picking for this weekend's games?

i don't believe in birmingham win or draw at all especially on away trip. i am surprised that you are going against your team. i just don't think there is quality in birmingham and when they square off again really excellent side it's only going to go one way. i have followed birmingham and gave them plenty of chances when i felt they could pull off a victory but it was always the same whether they tried offensive or defensive approach. in my honest opinion i'm not getting swayed by monk appointment. he's not a miracle worked or alex ferguson. the club hierarchy knows they could very likely start next season in the low tier division and monk has been brought to bring them back up.their fate has been on the cards for a while and the days of miracles are way behind them. i could see cardiff winning comfortably 4-0.

40 minutes ago, sajtion said:

i don't believe in birmingham win or draw at all especially on away trip. i am surprised that you are going against your team. i just don't think there is quality in birmingham and when they square off again really excellent side it's only going to go one way. i have followed birmingham and gave them plenty of chances when i felt they could pull off a victory but it was always the same whether they tried offensive or defensive approach. in my honest opinion i'm not getting swayed by monk appointment. he's not a miracle worked or alex ferguson. the club hierarchy knows they could very likely start next season in the low tier division and monk has been brought to bring them back up.their fate has been on the cards for a while and the days of miracles are way behind them. i could see cardiff winning comfortably 4-0.

Don't you think a new manager might breathe new life into them? Especially one like Monk?

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Don't you think a new manager might breathe new life into them? Especially one like Monk?

i don't rate monk and besides he was in charge of their first match on tuesday against middlesbrough and birmingham lost . i cannot see them doing much better this weekend. i know what the traditions is about new managers coming to club is but they have just been poor all season regardless who managed them.

@waynecoyne @Data

SHEFF WEDS V BOLTON

SX have the mini performance on Bolton at 12-15. They've not lost in 4, and Wednesday seem to be in aright mess at the moment. Do either of you think that there is any value in them to come away with something here?

I am tempted to back either this or a fixed odds U2.5 goals for the match.

I think the best wednesday can achieve is a draw but expect us to lose.

The club is a shambles from top to bottom with a crippling injury list-if they are in fact all injured.

There are rumours that some are not playing to avoid triggering bonus payments.

One young player (david hirst's son has been banned from the first team as he hasn't signed a new contract).

The club is a f@@@ing joke.

Cardiff City v Birmingham City

Cardiff City: Sean Morrison (28/4 d, doubtful), Jazz Richards (6/0 d), Armand Traore (3/1 d), Gary Madine (4/0 f), Lee Peltier (23/0 d), Aron Gunnarsson (12/0 m), Danny Ward (18/4 f), Jamie Ward (1/0 f)

Birmingham City: David Davis (29/2 m, captain, doubtful), Jonathan Grounds (25/0 d), Isaac Vassell (9/1 f)

Middlesbrough v Barnsley

Middlesbrough: Patrick Bamford (30/8 f, 2nd top scorer), Mo Bešić (5/0 m), George Friend (23/1 d)(all doubtful), Grant Leadbitter (26/3 m, captain, suspended), Rudy Gestede (19/3 f), Fábio (18/1 d)

Barnsley: Adam Jackson (14/1 d, probably in), Matt Mills (3/0 d, doubtful)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

3 hours ago, Tiffy said:

@waynecoyne @Data

SHEFF WEDS V BOLTON

SX have the mini performance on Bolton at 12-15. They've not lost in 4, and Wednesday seem to be in aright mess at the moment. Do either of you think that there is any value in them to come away with something here?

On my figures I have their respective mini-perfs at 24.88 & 14.99. Inside, but at the upper end of both team's quotes.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Barnsley have scored in 78% of their away matches in Championship.
Preston conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 7 matches in Championship.
Fulham have scored in each of their last 14 matches in Championship.
Fulham have scored in each of their last 7 away matches in Championship.
Fulham have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 102 Football Betting Streaks for 10.03.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-10-03-2018-8756

Preston North End vs Fulham
2018, March 10, 16:00 hrs (CET Time)
English Championship

Preston North End broke a four-game losing streak without victory, although three draws in that streak, with the away win against Bolton Wanderes, then at home defeat the Bristol and start a positive streak, with the intention of approaching the playoff positions of promotion. At home the team has left a lot to be desired, because although they have only lost 4 matches they have tied and won the same number, which is 7.

Fulham has a run of 14 games without losses, with 3 draws and 11 wins, which has allowed him to climb positions to be in 4th position with which he would play the playoff for the promotion to Premier League, the team would prefer to finish first or second to ascend directly, at the moment it takes a very positive tendency that considering that there are still 30 points in dispute, everything can happen.

On tour the team has won three victories in the last five meetings with two draws, so the trend favors him. Additionally, it is the 4th team that wins the most matches as a visitor, so it is good for it.

It could be considered as a somewhat even match, but taking into account the last two games played at Deppdale Stadium between them, Fulham has managed to get two wins, both 1-2, during the last two seasons, so I consider that gives him the advantage for this game, coupled with his recent good performance.

Fulham -0.25 AH with 7 units @ 2.09 at Marathonbet
Both Teams To Score with 3 units @ 1.77 at Betrally

23 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

On birmingham -when they had their winning run david davis was key to it. He is currently injured and i would wait until he is back in the side before considering backing them.

I hope you're right, Wayne!

Aston Villa vs Wolves

The evening kick-off tonight is a crunch clash between two local rivals in Aston Villa and Wolves. This is another massive test for the league leaders. Steve Bruce's side sit in 3rd place in the Championship table just 4 points outside the automatic promotion places. Nuno Santo's team remain top of the field despite dropping points in three of their last four matches and are now only 6 points ahead of second placed Cardiff.

This will be a heck of a challenge for Wolves. Villa have only lost once at home all season. However, Wolves are the holders of the best away record in the Championship having taken 37 points on the road this season. They have also only conceded 13 goals in 18 away matches in the league.

One key statistic here is the fact that Villa are currently enjoying a superb run of form. 9 wins, 1 draw, and 1 defeat from their last 11 league games has seen them shoot up the Championship table. It has transformed their prospects from being play-off hopefuls to automatic promotion contenders.

Personally, I think Wolves are still firm favourites to win the title. Their win in midweek at Leeds was crucial even if it was gifted to them by the awful set piece defending by the home team. It was 3 points they needed though and if the three games prior were their bad run then they've done very well. I still think Villa shade this one as favourites but I'm torn between a draw and home win. The value isn't great but I might have to play it safe. I certainly think both teams will score. I'm very excited for this one. If both teams go for the win then it could be a thrilling match-up.

BTTS @ 2.00 with Paddy Power

Aston Villa +1 @ 1.62 with Betbright

Nottingham Forest vs Derby

The East Midlands Derby... or the Rob Earnshaw Derby as we like to call it down here in Cardiff. Actually, nobody calls it that but considering he played for both rivals they should! Nottingham Forest are technically playing for nothing as they loiter in 15th place on 44 points. 45-50 points is generally considered the magic safety mark. They are currently 14 points clear of relegation but 17 points adrift of the play-offs.

Derby are still in automatic promotion contention but their awful form in 2018 has seen their hopes severely damaged by the decent winning runs of Cardiff, Aston Villa, and Fulham. The Rams are now sat in 5th place on 61 points. That means they are 12 points behind 2nd place and only 3 points inside the play-offs. Results need a turn around immediately to avoid a slippery slide down the table.

This is a game where the home form of Forest and the away form of Derby poses several questions. The Tricky Trees have improved under Karanka recently with the club unbeaten in their last 5 league games. Unfortunately, they've suffered defeat in 5 of their last 7 league games at the City Ground. Scoring goals is also a problem that has followed Karanka from Middlesbrough. If we take out the 5-2 hammering of QPR, Forest have only managed to score 3 goals in their last 7 league games.

Gary Rowett's side boast one of the best away records in the division. The Rams might have only won 2 games since New Year's Day and haven't tasted victory in the league since 3rd February but they have only lost 3 of their 18 away matches. Rowett knows how to grind out results on the road. In fact, before the 2-0 loss away to Sheffield Wednesday last month, the previous time Derby lost on the road was way back on 16th September to a high-flying Bristol City.

These derby games are always action-packed but more for the drama off the field as on it. The winning side has kept a clean sheet in four of the last five meetings between these two sides. I can see Derby grinding out a classic 1-0 win here. I don't think much will separate these two sides. I appreciate Forest are edging the total league form right now but their home form is still poor and Derby have only seen a drop in results at home.

Derby Draw No Bet @ 1.80 with Sunbets

Derby To Score First @ 2.00 with Ladbrokes

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Nottm Forest conceded at least 1 goal in 78% of their home matches in Championship.
Nottm Forest conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 9 home matches in Championship.
Derby County have failed to win in their last 6 matches in Championship.
Derby County have scored in 78% of their away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 83 Football Betting Streaks for 11.03.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-11-03-2018-8759

On 10/3/2018 at 1:49 AM, Xcout said:

Preston North End vs Fulham
2018, March 10, 16:00 hrs (CET Time)
English Championship

Fulham -0.25 AH with 7 units @ 2.09 at Marathonbet

Both Teams To Score with 3 units @ 1.77 at Betrally

Result:

Preston North End 1 - 2 Fulham

+ 7.63 units

Preston North End 1 - 2 Fulham = Both Score

+ 2.13 units

Day Result: + 9.76 units

On 09/03/2018 at 2:10 PM, Tiffy said:

@waynecoyne @Data

SHEFF WEDS V BOLTON

A goal, a draw & 4 corners meant a MP of 37, yielding 22 point profit

Just saying like:ok