** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Predictions > Mar 6th - 14th

uclratings.jpg

The first legs of the Champions League last 16 have been completed and the second legs are scheduled to take place over a couple of weeks starting next week. Here are the odds and ratings for these upcoming matches. I'll get some previews up ahead of each batch of games. Feel free to share your thoughts and tips here! :ok

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Champions League Predictions > Mar 6th - 14th

Liverpool V Porto

Spreadex set the time of the first Liverpool goal at 40-43 mins. Now I would normally fancy them to score well before this, but you wonder what sort of game they will play with a 5 goal advantage. Will they start fast? Or play a bit slower as they can afford to be a bit less intense, and not worry about getting the early goal.

Mmmmmmmm............

Thoughts everyone?

3 hours ago, newjack said:

My guess is they won't play full team, Salah is doubtful to play according to Bleacher report. I think they will win but with a smaller margin and will probably concede, something like 2:1 result, classic 1:0 at ht :D

Thanks for that newjack. I thought as much, so will probably swerve it:ok

Liverpool FC v FC Porto

Liverpool FC: Clyne (0/0 d, doubtful), Woodburn (0/0 m), Wijnaldum (24/1 m)

FC Porto: Alex Telles (23/1 d), Danilo Pereira (18/1 m), Tiquinho (17/8 f), Marega (24/20 f, top scorer)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Paris Saint-Germain is forced to attack from the start because it needs two goals to have hopes of qualifying, the two teams have qualifying groups and can create phases and goals very easily, I expect open goal play
PARIS SAINT GERMAIN vs REAL MADRID @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.35

Strange confrontation, with difficulty in every forecast, you do not know how the two teams will react, that is, Oporto will fight it or give it up, I will risk the many goals in order to become an open and free game
LIVERPOOL FC vs FC PORTO @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.73

Football Facts and Streaks regarding UEFA Champions League

Real Madrid have won their last 3 games in UEFA Champions League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in PSG's last 14 games in UEFA Champions League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 95% of Real Madrid's last 20 games in UEFA Champions League.
Real Madrid have scored at least 2 goals in 80% of their last 20 games in UEFA Champions League.
Liverpool have scored at least 3 goals in their last 5 games in UEFA Champions League.

You can find interesting 59 Football Betting Streaks for 06.03.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-06-03-2018-8693

Liverpool vs Porto

It's already been mentioned on here that we should expect Liverpool to rest a fair few first team players for this second leg game against Porto after winning 5-0 away in Portugal in the first leg. However, Jurgen Klopp himself has come out and said he will only make 2-3 changes. That said, it seems almost certain that Mohamed Salah will be rested, as @newjack mentioned.

I have backed the Reds to win 2-0 on my correct score bet this week. I was shocked at how poor Porto were in the first leg and I saw nothing that makes me think they will take something from this game. That is on the basis that Klopp doesn't change the defence and maintains some attacking flair. Attack certainly seems the best form of defence against Sergio Conceicao's team.

My thinking is that Liverpool will fancy their chances to win the game here and it's a huge opportunity to keep a clean sheet at home. I think Liverpool will look to score early. I'm tempted to bet on both teams to score but it's really difficult to tell how motivated the Portuguese side will be with such a deficit. I'm still backing Liverpool to win with a businesslike display. It might well just be a game that both sides want to get done and dusted with no injuries to hamper their domestic campaigns. I'll have a bit of fun with this one I think.

Liverpool HT/FT @ 2.35 with Ladbrokes

Correct Score: Liverpool to win 2-0 @ 8.50 with Betstars

@vasilli07, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @dorleywilliams, @soccerprediction123, @jamiedavies02, @TOTTI3, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, @wcz, and @WinningAdvice, what are you guys betting on this week?

European Masters V French Wannabees!

I'm looking at where the early goals will be tonight.

I did fancy Liverpool as mentioned above, but may leave them alone.

Spread ex set the time of the first Real Madrid goal at  49-51. 

Now, PSG have 1 thing that RM. don't, an away goal. Will PSG sit back from the off? No they will try and reduce the deficit as quickly as possible & capitalise on their asset. I'm with everyone that RM will look to get one on the counter, as they did in the first leg. If PSG come forward early on ,then this could lead to opportunities for RM to get the away goal.

If PSG strike first then its game on & RM have to get a goal.

If RM can strike first then it could be game over. PSG will need to find  at least .4 goals 

id be confident in saying that RM should score in the first half, 

Sell time of 1st RM goal at 49mins.

I'm gonna go with something crazy and place a what might seem a strange bet.

PSG - Real Madrid

1st leg we witness defeat of the frenchies, but it was a bit of a turn of events. Real Madrid didn't really dominate the game, just a quick counter and after 2:1 they collapsed. 2nd leg Neymar is out which for me personally is a good thing. I don't like him, he hogs the ball and doesn't pass. This way Cavani and Mbappe will have more freedom to make plays. I've watched a couple of Laliga matches of RM this past weeks and Real isn't what it used to be. It reminds me of Bayern in an off period, will is not there anymore, players not liking Zidane etc. Enough with the bullshit, onto pick. I find it valuable to place a bet on PSG to qualify @3.75 Bet365. (stake 3/10).

Liverpool - Porto

Huge supporter of Liverpool but as mentioned before there will be some changes to starting 11. I don't think i've seen Liverpool Salahless this season and if it so then what we'll witness is likely something of a last year's Liverpool. Im struggling to find value in this game so i'll just skip it. If i were to bet i'd probably do something crazy like Liverpool -1,5 @2.20 Bet365 which is reasonably priced and likely outcome. I see a 2:0, 2:1 type game here, same as the one vs Maribor. They'll want to win it but won't stretch legs too hard.

BOL

as in the first match, so today will be a real battle for the qualification, Juventus wants a win, at least it must score once, I expect to be again an open match, with goals on either side
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs JUVENTUS TURIN @@ Both team to score, odds 1.86

There is no question of qualification, Basel, it has many weaknesses and can not resist, I think City will make another easy win with many goals
MANCHESTER CITY vs FC BASEL @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.45

Manchester City have scored in 100% of their home matches in Premier League.
Manchester City have won their last 14 home matches in Premier League.
Tottenham have scored in each of their last 17 matches in Premier League.
Juventus have been undefeated in their last 13 matches in Serie A.
FC Basel have been undefeated in their last 7 away matches in Super League.

You can find interesting 91 Football Betting Streaks for 07.03.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-07-03-2018-8736

Tottenham vs Juventus

Undoubtedly, the most hotly-anticipated second leg game coming up in the last 16 of the Champions League is this one. Finely balanced after a 2-2 draw out in Italy for the first leg, this game could go either way. It has to be said that Tottenham certainly hold the narrow advantage with the two away goals but it will only take one goal from Juventus to swing the favour.

If you're talking about the toughest defences in Europe then you don't need to look much further than these two sides. It's amazing that they both conceded two goals against each other. Mauricio Pochettino's side has conceded just 37 goals in 44 games across all competitions so far this season. Massimiliano Allegri's men boast an even more impressive record of conceding just 26 goals in 38 matches in all competitions.

I think this game will follow the tone of the first match though. Juventus must score. That means they will be put in an uncomfortable position of needing to take the game on the front foot. Both teams will have sky high confidence with Tottenham winning 11 of their last 12 home matches and scoring in 22 of their 23 home games this season. Juventus are unbeaten in 20 games in all competitions.

My bet here is that Tottenham could well do enough to knock Juventus out. Juventus have shown before that when plan A is torn to shreds that plan B is not quite as effective. Spurs have taken down some big names this season on home turf. Wembley has very much become home now and it's becoming an intimidating place to come for travelling sides. This game is Tottenham's to lose.

Tottenham to win @ 2.25 with Betfred

BTTS @ 1.80 with Bet365

Besiktas-Bayern
Full Event Home +1.00 (AH) @ 1.961
5/10 PINNACLE
 Football / Champions L / Kick off: 14 Mar 2018, 20:00

Bayern already qualified for next round so i expect less motivated Bayern here like Man City and Liverpool. If Bayern is motivated enough its still a very hard match form them to win yet alone win with 2 goals. They managed to beat Celtic and Anderlecht 1-2 narrowly and got beaten by PSG 3-0. Besiktas is far better team than Celtic and Anderlecht. Away gome to Besiktas is one of the hardest places to visit in the entire world especially in a CL game. Remember Leipzig player Wanger left the game first half because his ears were hurt. Besiktas historically very good on their ground they lost to Liverpool 8-0 away but reverse game they won 2-1 at home for example. They'll surely motivated for this game. Their last CL game in their best season of the club history. I'm sure they'll give their best and honestly they were playing at the same level with Bayern at Allianz before the red card. I think Besiktas will win this game. But this is the safest bet with good price imo. I might play a small stake on Besiktas after seeing the starting XI.

Manchester United v Sevilla FC

Manchester United: Pogba (19/3 m), Ibrahimovic (5/0 f)(both doubtful), Jones (21/0 d), Rojo (7/0 d), Blind (5/0 d), Herrera (19/0 m)

Sevilla FC: Layún (7/0 d, cup-tied), Corchia (12/0 d), Navas (22/1 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Sevilla is not the team that has won the Euro Cup this past year, this year has many weaknesses and I do not see going through the next round, Manchester United is an experienced team, has a coach who knows perfectly the institution, I expect with one or another way to win and qualify
MANCHESTER UNITED vs FC SEVILLA @@ WIN MANCHESTER UNITED, odds 1.61

Manchester Utd have won their last 4 home matches in Premier League.
Manchester Utd have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 4 home matches in Premier League.
35% of AS Roma's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Serie A.
Shakhtar have scored in each of their last 9 matches in Premier League.
28% of Shakhtar's conceded goals occurred in the first 15 minutes in Premier League.
Sevilla have drawn their last 3 games in UEFA Champions League.

You can find interesting 56 Football Betting Streaks for 13.03.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-13-03-2018-8798

Manchester United vs Sevilla

13.03.2018  19:45 GMT

Prediction Man. Un. Over 1.5 Team Cards

Price:4/7  (1.57)

In last 7 matches at home Man. Un. are 6/7 booked with min. 2 cards. Today in second match with Sevilla this line is a gift from bokies. I can say that this line from 1.5 cards will be done on 100 percent!!!

Manchester United vs Sevilla

It's the second leg of the last 16 tie in the Champions League between Manchester United and Sevilla. The first leg ended in a 0-0 draw out in Spain. Jose Mourinho's side will be hoping to get the job done here at Old Trafford to progress to the Quarter-Finals. 0-0 is always an awkward score for a home side in the return leg. Home advantage will always have them as favourites but it only takes one goal for the away side to turn that on its head.

It was a contrast of emotions for these two teams on the weekend. The Red Devils secured a much-needed 2-1 victory over rivals Liverpool. It was a win that consolidates United's second place position and sets them up well to qualify for the Champions League next season. Vincenzo Montella's side suffered a demoralising 2-0 defeat at home to Valencia. That leaves their hopes for a Champions League spot next season hanging by a thread.

I've said a few times across several previews that I am not sold on Montella as a manager. Especially not as manager of Sevilla. Their results since he was appointed have been sketchy and with the players they have they really should be performing better. Mourinho comes into his own in matches like this where his side needs to grind out a result. I am backing United to win here and I wouldn't be surprised if they kept a clean sheet doing it.

Manchester United to win @ 1.60 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.15 with Betstars

@vasilli07, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @dorleywilliams, @soccerprediction123, @jamiedavies02, @TOTTI3, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, @wcz, and @WinningAdvice, what bets are you guys putting on for the Champions League games this week?

Very tricky fixture today at Old Trafford.  After a pragmatic, 0-0, negative football draw at Sevilla, United not in the best of spots here.  Sevilla get a goal and United need score 2 to advance which could be very difficult proposition.

But, I am going to try not to overthink this one too much.  Sevilla a good side, but honestly United much much better.

The only team to come into the Theater of Dreams and come away with a victory since January 2016 has been Man City.  Not a single other visitor has won there.  Sevilla does not offer the same kind of threat that City does by any means.  United is not going to win the league this year.  However, a Champions League win would be a massive boost here and really a feather in Mourinho's cap.  I can't see United not advancing and even though the is a bit steep, I'll go with United -165 to win (Extra time and pk's are such a crap shoot,I think they really need to win in regular time).  I'll also take a shot with exact score of United 2-1 at +625

On 12.03.2018 at 3:06 PM, gg-77 said:
Besiktas-Bayern
Full Event Home +1.00 (AH) @ 1.961
5/10 PINNACLE
 Football / Champions L / Kick off: 14 Mar 2018, 20:00

Bayern already qualified for next round so i expect less motivated Bayern here like Man City and Liverpool. If Bayern is motivated enough its still a very hard match form them to win yet alone win with 2 goals. They managed to beat Celtic and Anderlecht 1-2 narrowly and got beaten by PSG 3-0. Besiktas is far better team than Celtic and Anderlecht. Away gome to Besiktas is one of the hardest places to visit in the entire world especially in a CL game. Remember Leipzig player Wanger left the game first half because his ears were hurt. Besiktas historically very good on their ground they lost to Liverpool 8-0 away but reverse game they won 2-1 at home for example. They'll surely motivated for this game. Their last CL game in their best season of the club history. I'm sure they'll give their best and honestly they were playing at the same level with Bayern at Allianz before the red card. I think Besiktas will win this game. But this is the safest bet with good price imo. I might play a small stake on Besiktas after seeing the starting XI.

Well today they announced that Pepe and Tosic will not play for sure for Besiktas. Vida is also missing that means they have no centre backs available for this game. Which is really bad for this bet. And whats worse that Heynckes said that he will not hide players from this game that indicates full squad is likely to play. So after this informations i recommend you to bet accordingly i think its now a 2/10 stakes kind of a bet. But i make it before the news and it was my mistake i should stick with it hope for the best. Cheers.

Man United v Sevilla

Quite a few things play into Man United's hands here. FIrst, the weather. It will come as a shock to a Southern European team, while 9C is like mid Summer in Manchester.  The second is just how bad Sevilla are on the road. They have been pumped a few times in LaLiga this season. The third factor is that Man United need 2 goals. They can't sit on a 1 goal lead, and it will force them to be more positive. 

I think United play far better when they are proactive, rather than reactive, and the situation dictates the former option tonight. It does not make sense for United to start slowly here. Their best scenario would be get an early goal and then control the game.

In getting this goal, United will have to risk a little. In my opinion, this should be done earlier, rather than later. If you get into trouble late in the game you are stuffed. Earlier gives you 65 - 75 minutes to get out of it !

Mourinho would like a comfortable 2-0 win here. Nothing too fancy ... control the game and cruise to the win. I think the over 2.5 goals is not a great option. Mourinho has shown time and time again (especially in big games  Liverpool and Arsenal), that he will make the defensive substitution.

I think the Man United win and under 3.5 goals at odds of 2.2 is a very good deal.

Edited by neilovan

Chelsea after 1-1 of the first match, is forced to attack and score if it wants to qualify for qualification, so Barcelona will find places, as time passes, so I expect to win today
FC BARCELONA vs CHELSEA FC @@ FC BARCELONA, odds 1.45

Typical process of the match, Bayern will not be in danger, I expect open and free play with phases and goals, where I bet on the goals
BESIKTAS JK vs FC BAYERN MUNICH @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.45

Barcelona are undefeated in their last 8 games in UEFA Champions League.
Bayern have won their last 5 games in UEFA Champions League.
Chelsea are undefeated in their last 9 games against Barcelona in all competitions.
Barcelona are undefeated in their last 6 home games against Chelsea in all competitions.
Barcelona have drawn their last 4 home games against Chelsea in all competitions.

You can find interesting 87 Football Betting Streaks for 14.03.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-14-03-2018-8835

Barcelona @1,6 (1xbet)

I know Barcelona have not the best of records against Chelsea, but at this odd I don't want to skip. Chelsea will park the bus once again I guess, but Barcelona have the right players to deal with it. I expect an easy win for Barcelona, anything else will surprise me.

Barcelona vs Chelsea

The final batch of last 16 games in the Champions League are up tonight. This is one of the classic fixtures from recent times in this competition. The sides drew 1-1 at Stamford Bridge in the first leg. Bizarrely, Barcelona have failed to beat Chelsea in their last 8 meetings. Ernesto Valverde's men will need to take heart from the 0-0 draw they held Chelsea to back in 2009. That same score-line would see them progress after 90 minutes. Other than that result, Barcelona will require a win.

A few stats do not bode well for the Premier League side coming into this game. A staggering 68% of teams that draw their first leg away progress to the next round of the competition in the knock-out stages of the Champions League. Barcelona have also only lost 4 of their last 39 home games in the Champions League knock-out phase. Lionel Messi also broke his duck against Chelsea at the ninth time of asking in the first leg. The monkey off his shoulder is the last thing Antonio Conte's side will have wanted.

I think this will be a tough test for Chelsea. The Nou Camp is not the place where dreams come true for the away side very often at all. Chelsea have won 2 and drawn 6 of their last 8 matches against Barcelona. It just feels like they needed to win the first leg to give themselves a good chance of qualifying. That Messi goal is likely to have set it up for a Barcelona aggregate win.

Conte would be foolish to try and set up for a one goal win here. Chelsea will need to score if they are to stand a chance of progressing. I simply don't think they have it in them to survive for 90 minutes against Barcelona's attack. I can see Barcelona edging through by a single goal. I have a horrible feeling that Conte will try and kill the game to progress by the odd goal. That tactic would be border-line suicide in my eyes. I just don't think he has enough faith in his side to score as many as or more than Barcelona tonight.

HT Draw/ FT Barcelona @ 4.50 with Betfair

BTTS @ 1.91 with William Hill

Barcelona v Chelsea / PICK: Barcelona -1,5 @2,51 Pinnacle 1/10

Barcelona will miss injured midfielder Denis Suarez and fullback Semedo, while Coutinho has no right to play in CL as he already played for Liverpool this season.

Chelsea is coming to Barcelona without defender David Luiz and midfielder Barkley.

Short preview: even though Barcelona isn’t playing with a high percentage of possession as we were used to in last decade, there is no doubt that they will be in possession tonight. Even though the result of Chelsea isn’t perfect and goalless draw isn’t enough for them to qualify on, they prefer their style, letting the ball to the opponent and trying to exploit their strength with quick counters. It’s highly possible that Conte will start with one of his tall guys Morata or Giroud from the first minute and try to get something more from set-pieces and crosses, but in general, I am pretty sure that they won’t open themselves too much. Barcelona is playing differently as we were used to, for me personally, they are playing with strange tactics due to players they have,… Still, see Barcelona scoring the first goal in this match, and when Chelsea will open slightly, their defense will be reduced and Barcelona will have plenty of space to finish the match, raising their lead to two goals difference. I am aware that match can go in either way, but I see value in odds above 2,40 for Barcelona -1,5 (to win at least 2 goals difference).