** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

February 26 - March 4

Rodionova - Kozlova 3.6 Pinnacle

Rodionova played great last week. She just didn't have luck against Zhang. Her form is going up. Kozlova has her peak in Taipei. She had a pretty close match with Barthel. The value is here. Not more then 2.75 for Riduibiva for that match

Moutet - Pella 3.5 Pinnacle

Moutet already scored two wins here at the Q. He is pretty strong on clay. The dude is a fighter. Pella was stunned last week. He is still trying to find his rhythm.

Hazawa - Kwon 9.06 Pinnacle

Hazawa is former Top 40 junior player. He scored some stunning wins last year on hard. Now he is in home tournament. Kwon is 1/5 this season. He reached the final in 2017, but his form is questionabe. He lost in Davis Cup from Quereshi, who is not playing anymore on singles. Nice odds 

Brengle - Gavrilova 2.3 Tipco

Brengle is coming from a tournament title, where she destroyed everybody. She has enough time to recover and to attack the next big event. Gavrilova had some problems in Fedcup matches loosing twice against opponents, that must be a pretty easy target for her.

Ahn - Townsend 2.42 Pinnacle

Townsend is in a hole. She lost by outsiders in her last two matches. On the other hand Ahn is on a rise. She dosed her tournaments and started pretty well in Australia with wins over players like Puig and Larson. She is fresher.

Albot (+1.5 sets) - Anderson 2.61 Pinnacle

Anderson won the title week ago with 4 out of 4 wins in three sets. Albot beat Isner in 3 sets and lost from him and from Nishikori also in three sets. 

7 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Moutet hasn't won any Q matches in Sao Paulo.

My bad, I didn't saw that it was Rio's Q. Just check this out. Seems he got an injury on the knee and this was the reason why he didn't participate on the main draw :( Bad call from me. Already made the bet.

5pts Under 21.5 games - P.Kohlschreiber Vs G.Sakharov 4/5 Ladbrokes

Quite a big gulf of class here. Kohli likes this event and in 2016 didn't even lose a set until the Quarter-final where he lost to eventual winner, Stan Wawrinka. Then last year same thing, didn't lose a set until the Quarter-final where he lost to eventual winner, Andy Murray.

I think he should be able to take care of Gleb who has had a couple of good results but has not beaten anyone of any quality and in form, around the top 75.

Pablo Cuevas to win the 3rd Quarter in Sao Paulo at 2.00 with Bet365

Pablo loves this event, he's won it three times in a row, after all, and he's been handed a fairly soft draw in the quarter, so I'm happy to have a punt on him to reach the semis. Just two matches I believe, Cecchinato and maybe Mayer, which is completely doable.

Also, 1pt on this.

Ying-Ying Duan to win WTA Indian Wells at 34.00 with Bet365

Just a one point bet here, because it really is a long shot and because Duan isn't really a proven tournament winner, but she has a good record this year, losing only against players that wouldn't fit into this field. She might lose in the first round, she might lose whenever, but she can also go on a real run with a bit of luck, she's got enough talent for that. At 34.00, I feel obliged to chance this for interest stakes.

Hubert Hurkacz to beat Yasutaka Uchiyama at 1.80 with Sbobet

Hurkacz is a fairly talented Polish youngster who played really well last week in Kyoto, losing only against Millman in three sets. Uchiyama is a worse player than him imo and he has an awful record in this event, so these odds appeal.

Ipek Oz to beat Magdalena Pantuckova at 1.72 with Bet365

Oz beat Pantuckova just a couple of weeks ago and I fancy her to do it again given that it's both the same surface and the same country (home country for Oz). Pantuckova has never been anything special.

On 25/2/2018 at 11:03 PM, ogii55 said:

Rodionova - Kozlova 3.6 Pinnacle

Rodionova played great last week. She just didn't have luck against Zhang. Her form is going up. Kozlova has her peak in Taipei. She had a pretty close match with Barthel. The value is here. Not more then 2.75 for Riduibiva for that match

Moutet - Pella 3.5 Pinnacle

Moutet already scored two wins here at the Q. He is pretty strong on clay. The dude is a fighter. Pella was stunned last week. He is still trying to find his rhythm.

Hazawa - Kwon 9.06 Pinnacle

Hazawa is former Top 40 junior player. He scored some stunning wins last year on hard. Now he is in home tournament. Kwon is 1/5 this season. He reached the final in 2017, but his form is questionabe. He lost in Davis Cup from Quereshi, who is not playing anymore on singles. Nice odds 

Brengle - Gavrilova 2.3 Tipco

Brengle is coming from a tournament title, where she destroyed everybody. She has enough time to recover and to attack the next big event. Gavrilova had some problems in Fedcup matches loosing twice against opponents, that must be a pretty easy target for her.

Ahn - Townsend 2.42 Pinnacle

Townsend is in a hole. She lost by outsiders in her last two matches. On the other hand Ahn is on a rise. She dosed her tournaments and started pretty well in Australia with wins over players like Puig and Larson. She is fresher.

Albot (+1.5 sets) - Anderson 2.61 Pinnacle

Anderson won the title week ago with 4 out of 4 wins in three sets. Albot beat Isner in 3 sets and lost from him and from Nishikori also in three sets. 

Thanks m8 for Hazawa!!!!! Fantastic!!!!!!!!

5pts G.Dimitrov to win and UNDER 19.5 games Vs M.Jaziri Evens Skybet
1pt G.Dimitrov to win each set 6-0,6-1 or 6-2 6/1 Skybet

Grigor a big favourite to win this event and I fancy him to win this one quickly. Contrasting form between these two. Jaziri 34yrs old and ranked outside the top 100 now. Out in the 1st round here last year and in woeful form. Dimitrov complete opposite, up in the rankings to top 4 now and can gain some valuable points this week to get back into the top 3. Small punt on a thrashing with Skybet.

Hm. Both Hurkacz and Oz were good for a set, but not two.

Ying-Ying Duan to beat Kurumi Nara at 1.90 with Bet365

I've already said that I fancy Duan to do well in this tournament and, after more research, I'm also willing to back her in R1. Nara might have the form book on her side, but Duan will be a big step up in terms of quality and she's lost twice to her already, so I'm not sure that she should be the favourite, especially since tiredness could also play a role. Recovering from a tough loss in the finals is never easy, after all.

2 PICK FOR ACAPULCO TOURNAMENT:

ATP MANNARINO-BERANKIS @ 1.45 betfair (1.41 pinnacle)
Mannarino is a good hard court player with much more solid game than Berankis. Expect him to force Berankis to make a lot of unforced errors

WTA TSURENKO-RODIONOVA 2-0 SETS @ 1.52 unibet(1.49pinnacle)
A gap in class between the two players. Expect an easy win for the favorite here.

38 minutes ago, losingpunter said:

so what is your excuse for yesterday's loss. He is really fortunate to be at number 3 in the ranking because stan is struggling. I think Marin deserves to be at number 3 easily

I don't have one. I didn't bet on the match and I didn't watch it either, so I have no idea what happened. I agree that he's really fortunate to be at number three, but that's the way it is with Djokovic/Murray/Wawrinka not playing. Well, Wawrinka is sort of playing, but not really.

5.5pts D. Dzumhur to beat E. Donskoy 8/11 Boylesports
Taking Dzumhur to win here. Both these two got to the Quarter Finals of this event last year and they have never met but I think Dzumhur is the better player and the better form. He's only really lost to decent players like Rublev, Gasquet and Nadal this year and while it may be a tight match, I expect Dzumhur to see it through. 

6pts S.Tsitsipas to beat M.Jaziri 4/6 Skybet
1pt S.Tsitpas to win 1st set 7-5 or 7-6 9/2 Skybet
I think Jaziris time has come now. Jaziri has really surprised me this week. I didn't even fancy him to get close against Dimitrov but sure enough Grigor had no intensity whatsoever and served like crap. Haase had his chances too, but ultimately, I expect Tsitipas to serve better than both of those. Wouldn't surprise me to see a tie-breaker.

Rogerio Dutra Silva to beat Nicolas Kicker at 2.00 with Paddy Power

Kicker might be the slightly better player of the two, but I'm going to go against him at evens here. First, the H2H stands at 2-0 for Dutra Silva. Second, this match will be played in Brazil, so Dutra Silva should have a lot of support. That wouldn't be incredibly important on its own, but Kicker is a player that can go missing mentally when things start going against him, so I can definitely see him choking given the stage and occasion. As far as I'm concerned, Dutra Silva should be a small fav here.

Chang/Mueller - Dolehide/Riske 2.66 Pinbet

Chang/Mueller are playing as a double since a long time. They won two tournamnes on hard last year. Here they started with nice win over super favorites Olaru/Savchuk. Dolehide had a single match earlier that day. Riske is out of form and she never been a force in doubles 32/64 all time record. Sweet odds for a match that looks like 50/50

Moriya - Ito 2.31 Pinnacle

Moriya finally is showing a form. He smacked everybody here. Moriya won the last two matches against Ito, who isn't very convinsing in his matches in Yokohama. 

Wang - Lee 13 Ladbrokes

Challenger/Q Zhuhai

Wang finished last season with 5:7, 5:7 from Emilio Gomes, who is top 400 player and former Top 250. It was pretty equal match. Now it will Wang's first match on hard for this season after 3/3 on clay. Lee showed good results on clay so far, but on Davis cup clash he was beaten in two sets by a guy, who is out of top 1000. Wang is former Top 70 among juniors.