** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

EFL Cup Predictions > Feb 25th

eflcupodds.jpg

It's the EFL Cup Final this weekend. It isn't often you see a game where Arsenal are the 5.50 underdogs. Perhaps that price seems even more attractive now after last night's result. Can Manchester City recover from their FA Cup exit? As I have mentioned time and time before, Arsene Wenger always pulls off the results you least expect. Will this be one of those occasions?

Give us any tips you have planned for this game. I'll get a preview up later in the week! :ok

BTTS @ O2.5 looks a good bet to me.

perhaps even an early goal, as Arsenal won't play the defensive game like Wigan. Both team should be at it from the off, although the last time Arsenal played at Wembley they couldn't find the back of the net. I'd trust that they will have learnt from this

Both managers will be desperate for the silverware though, Pep will be smarting after being knocked out of the FA Cup, Wenger will want at least a trophy to appease the fans and restore his credibility.

ill have a look to see what value there is about.

Arsenal vs Manchester City

After watching Arsenal in midweek, anyone with any sense will stay well clear of backing them to take anything out of this game. Even pride. However, we all know how the Gunners work. They are one of the big betting hoodoo teams. Just when you think they're the ones to back or the ones to bet against, they stun you.

A staggering 27 points separates Arsene Wenger's side from Pep Guardiola's Premier League leaders. It is almost impossible for Arsenal, lying in 6th place, to catch the Citizens this season. So on paper this really is a mismatch. Luckily, we know that football isn't played on paper.

Arsenal squeezed into the final with a 2-1 aggregate win over city rivals Chelsea in the semi-finals. City secured their spot in the final with a slightly less strenuous 5-3 aggregate win over Championship underdogs Bristol City in the semi-finals. Now it is all down to these final 90 minutes plus whatever else might be needed to decide the cup winners for this season.

As always, I'm reluctant to back a winner in an Arsenal game. The sensible money will be with City but at 1.62 as a best price is that really decent value? Remember, it was under a year ago that Arsenal ended City's dreams of an FA Cup win by beating them 2-1 in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley. This is what I mean about Arsenal's unpredictability. So I'm going to stick with goals scored and might even back Arsenal with a handicap. I know BTTS is very low but it's as close to a dead certainty that you'll find in modern football.

BTTS @ 1.57 with Betway

Arsenal AH +1 @ 1.97 with 188Bet

I'm with the thought of BTTS here. However, I don't like backing short odds, so may  swerve the fixed odds.

Spreadex go for 55-58.for the first Gunners goal. I'd be tempted to say that they should score before the 55th minute. But they have let me down at Wembley in the Spurs game, spurning some glorious chances to get me in profit.

ill probably put that behind me, and go with my gut feeling. 

14 hours ago, jamiedavies02 said:

BTS has gone 8/9 in competitive matches betweeen these two sides since 2013/14 but is too short for me to back at 4/7 - I'll be waiting until the morning when hopefully somebody will boost Man City to win & BTTS (currently best priced 7/4)

2/1 with betway, think there's value in that, Im thinking 3-1 Man City