** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Grand Prix

Fader

Grand Prix gets underway tonight at 7.30pm. 4 matches tonight including Ronnie Vs Milkins. Gould vs Bingtao, Day Vs Lisowski and the shootout winner Georgiou vs Brecel.

2pts E/W S.Murphy to win Grand Prix 18/1 Boylesports
2pts E/W M.Williams to win Grand Prix 14/1 Skybet
0.5tps E/W  S.Maguire to win Grand Prix 50/1 Bet365

I will be taking one from the top and one from the bottom half of the draw, but also taking Maguire at 50s as that price is ridiculous. Murphy always seems to do quite well in this event, winning it in 2016 and getting to the Quarters last year also. He is in the hardest half of the draw but has the quality to beat anyone on his day and is solid most of the time. Williams in the other half has the form coming into this. After a big drought he won the Northern Ireland event last year and then already this year he has added the German Masters. He has a nice draw and can go deep. Maguire at 50s is a punt. crazy price if he's on.

4 matches tonight and a few dodgy ones I think, so I won't be taking anything too clever. Georgiou will be full of confidence and Brecel is very up and down so I can't take anything there. Similarly, Day has a good record here but his form is poor. Lisowski, again is too up and down recently for me.

So I will stick with Ronnie on a handicap. He has a very good h2h against Milkins and the 19/20 offered on a -2.5 handicap looks a decent price in all honesty. In fact, if you take away the shootout win for Milkins (as this is a bingo event) then in frames O'Sullivan leads Milkins 44-6!!!

5pts R. O'Sullivan -2.5 to beat R.Milkins 19/20 Coral

A good evening of snooker yesterday. Today we have 8 matches to look at. The first session at 1pm I will leave alone. Maguire I want to see play before I can bet on him and we have the outright on him if he turns up. Li Hang is a really good player, and that match can go either way so alot depends on Maguire in that. Similarly, Allen after a recent event win hasn't looked as mentally on it and could face problems with an excellent Guodong. 

One I do like is Yupeng to beat McGill. Yupeng is another exciting young player and really should have won that Scottish Open event against Robertson. That kind of final (Yupeng lead 8-4) is one that will make him stronger and will help him when he feels the nerves. I fancy him to beat McGill who has no real form atall going out in early rounds to rather average players for today's standards. 

5pts C.Yupeng to beat A.McGill 6/5  Stan James

We're flying through mates now. 9 matches today and we'll be halfway through the last 16 by the end of the day. We've seen some good performances this week and some bloody terrible ones. Allen, Trump, Yupeng, some really bad performances although Allen looked good until 3-0. 

I'm pleased to see Maguire looking good, and also Murphy. Both play again tonight and both have great chances of playing eachother in the Last 16. 

I will leave alone the majority of the players who have not yet played. Much like Allen, Trump and Co it's hard to know how they're playing. Bingham will have alot of determination to do well this week and I have Williams on the outright so that will be left to ride.

5pts K.Wilson (-1.5 frames) to beat M.Joyce 11/10 Coral

I do see Wilson doing well here. Head-to-head these two have never met. Wilson has had a good year so far and has played alot of Snooker. He got to the semi-final of group 2 in the champs league and then won group 3 and then ofcourse got to the final of the Masters losing out 10-7 to Allen. So he is in form.

Mark Joyce has had a decent year, but you would say he hasn't beaten any players in the upper region of the rankings and although he got to the last 16 of the German Masters, the highest ranking player he beat was David Gilbert.

5pts J.Perry to beat M.White 4/5 Paddy Power

Although I think White played decent enough against Trump, I feel like Trump gave that match away more than White won it convincingly. Perry will be a different kind of match because he wont go for wild shots and throw frames away he will grind him down and wait for mistakes. 

5pts N.Robertson to beat M.Selby 11/10 Bet365

Selby still not looking his former self. Robertson I will also take on the outright as he is hitting the balls well again. Selby's best score was a 70 break and really Jimmy Robertson should have won that match. Robertson will not buckle to pressure like Jimmy perhaps did.

5pts S.Murphy -1.5 frames to beat S.Maguire Evens Bet365

Good to see these two against eachother as it means we get a player in the last 8. Maguire though just didn't impress me. Georgiou was terrible in the first 3 frames against Maguire and then Maguire helped him by smashing the balls all over the place and handing frames to Georgiou to boost his morale and bring him back into the tie. Murphy will beat Maguire easy if he plays like that again. 

pretty poor luck as of late but we still have a shot on maguire at 25/1 effectively tonight.

5.5pts Over 1.5 centuries (O'Sullivan Vs Maguire) 10/11 Bet365
!pt No player to win 3 frames in a row 11/2 bet365

I would have thought the centuries should be higher than just the 1. Ronnie hit 4 in the 5-0 thrashing in the last match he played so it would be suprise me if it didn't come in this one. I also think the match can stay reletively tight so am taking the (no 3 in a row) bet with the frames