** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FA Cup Predictions > Feb 16th - 19th

Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea

The FA Cup matches might start tomorrow night but I've chosen to wait until the Saturday games to choose my picks. First up, it's the Carlos Carvalhal derby! The Portuguese manager returns to Hillsborough to face his former club. It was a case of so near yet so far for Carvalhal as he guided Wednesday to the play-off final only to miss out on the holy grail of promotion to the Premier League. He is now leading a recovery at Swansea.

The Owls have only managed 2 wins since Carvalhal departed the club. New manager Jos Luhukay picked up his first league win with the club in midweek when they grabbed a 2-0 victory over automatic promotion-chasing Derby. Wednesday fans will be hoping it's the first of many but the club remain in 15th place in the Championship. A poor run of form could see them slip dangerously closer to the relegation zone.

For the Swans, things are a hell of a lot better now than they were pre-Carvalhal. The new gaffer has guided his side to 6 wins from his 11 games in charge so far. That includes winning 3 of their last 4 league matches to see them rise to 16th in the Premier League table and out of the bottom three.

This game is a fantastic opportunity for both clubs to add a bit of sparkle to what has been a largely forgettable season so far. A place in the FA Cup Quarter Finals awaits. Wednesday will certainly fancy their chances at home but Swansea do not fear anybody right now and Carvalhal will relish taking his new set of players to his old haunt at Hillsborough and proving his former employers wrong. I'm expecting goals and a Swansea win here.

Swansea to win @ 2.32 with Unibet

BTTS @ 1.95 with Bet365

@waynecoyne, @malabgd, @Magic0024, @Neubs, @Arkadi Manucharov, @Jamesboaz, @Tiffy, @RealUnited, @allthethings, @Bronxie, @jamiedavies02, @slipkid, @DW_United, @sajtion, @fat, @Pep004, @allyhibs, @betcatalog, @6avin24, @PokerWolf1, @Papa Lazarou, @godofhorses, @teddybear3011, @Xcout, and @Darran, will you guys be placing any bets on the fascinating FA Cup matches this coming weekend?

Leicester City v Sheffield Utd

Leicester City: Wes Morgan (22/0 d, captain, probably in), Shinji Okazaki (23/6 f)

Sheffield Utd: David Brooks (19/2 f, probably in), Simon Moore (12/0 first goalkeeper, suspended), John Fleck (27/1 m, suspended), Kieron Freeman (8/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding FA Cup

Sheff Utd have kept a clean sheet in 71% of their last 7 games in FA Cup.
Chelsea have won their last 6 games against Hull in all competitions.
Chelsea are undefeated in their last 11 games against Hull in all competitions.
Chelsea have scored at least 2 goals in their last 6 games against Hull in all competitions.
Chelsea have kept a clean sheet in 83% of their last 6 games against Hull in all competitions.

You can find interesting 62 Football Betting Streaks for 16.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-16-02-2018-7744

BRIGHTON V COVENTRY

This looks set to be a cracking cup tie, with Coventry bringing over 4000 to the Amex, and a crowd expected to be well over 25,000. Lets face it, there isnt much difference between the size of the clubs, only their respective league poistions that separate them.

Brighton could be unleashing their new £16m striker, Jurgen Locadia for his first game, with Leo Ulloa the other main striker vying for a starting place. Even with a second string line up, Brighton will have a quality starting 11.

Although Coventry cant be taken lightly, with such a large vocal support, and a team full of confidence, they will fancy their chances too.

I'd like to think that Brighton have the superior quality to go through, but they havent played well in this competition so far, despite reaching the 5th round.

I wouldnt be surprised if Coventry caused an upset (I remember it happened before!!), and I think that neither team have anything to lose, and the winner will only be 90mins from Wembley if they get past this round.

Brighton are too short to back at 1.33, so I would go for

Coventry to win@ 12.0 (why not, its the cup!)

BTTS@ 2,5 (Looks a value bet to me)

@skyblues88, did you manage to get a ticket, and what do think your chances are?

Edited by Tiffy

Swansea City conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 10 away matches.
Sheffield Wed conceded at least 1 goal in 75% of their home matches.
66% of Coventry City's matches had under 2.5 goals in total.
Coventry City have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches.
70% of Brighton & Hove's matches had under 2.5 goals in total.

You can find interesting 102 Football Betting Streaks for 17.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-17-02-2018-7754

Rochdale vs Tottenham

The second preview I've chosen for this round of the FA Cup is a David vs Goliath affair. I backed Tottenham to deal with Newport County in the last round and they let me down. Like a fool, I'm going back for more. My thinking is that Spurs will have learned from their mistakes of complacency in the last round. So I should come back with the sort of approach I had last time.

It's a tale of two teams here. Rochdale are sat bottom of League One with just 5 wins from 28 league games this season. The club has only ever experienced promotion on three occasions since their inception to the Football League in 1921. The Dale have only ever been in the bottom two divisions during that period as well. Tottenham are flying high at 5th in the Premier League and secured a 2-2 draw away to Juventus in the Champions League in midweek.

Rochdale haven't had the toughest of runs to get here. Keith Hill's team defeated non-league clubs Bromley and Slough Town to reach the 3rd Round. Once there they defeated League One rivals Doncaster before taking Championship side Millwall to a replay and beating them.

Even if Spurs field a weakened side here, I can see them easing through. Spotland only holds 10,000 fans and having seen Cardiff play there in the past I can tell you it's not the most intimidating of grounds. Mauricio Pochettino's side should win by at least a couple and I'd back them to keep a clean sheet as well.

Tottenham -1 @ 1.53 with Ladbrokes

Tottenham to win to nil @ 1.87 with BetVictor

Rochdale have kept a clean sheet in 78% of their last 9 games in FA Cup.
Tottenham have been undefeated in their last 9 matches.
Tottenham have scored in each of their last 15 matches.
Tottenham have been undefeated in their last 4 away matches.
38% of Tottenham's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute.

You can find interesting 81 Football Betting Streaks for 18.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-18-02-2018-7757

On 16/02/2018 at 8:55 PM, harry_rag said:

Given the above and your recent comments re spread betting, a sell of time of 1st Coventry goal at 72 might not be a bad bet!

I used to like looking at that market for cup underdogs who I fancied to "outrun their odds" years ago.

I think you're right, on paper it would have been a sensible bet. But as it was a cup game, I only did the BTTS with B365.

My spread bet was to buy Plymouth performance for 21, making a 9point profit.

im selling Copenhagens first goal today ,@53. They are away at top of the table Midtjyland.  Should be a cracker of a game with BTTS & O2.5 in the last 5/5 meetings between these 2. You've got to fancy the away side scoring before the 53rd min?

Edited by Tiffy

5 hours ago, Tiffy said:

I'm selling Copenhagens first goal today ,@53. They are away at top of the table Midtjyland.  Should be a cracker of a game with BTTS & O2.5 in the last 5/5 meetings between these 2. You've got to fancy the away side scoring before the 53rd min?

Well done on that. Not a market I play often and only usually at prices from 60 upwards. Unfortunately I did do Coventry!

3 hours ago, harry_rag said:

My spread betting track record on here hasn't been great of late but I've bought bookings at 19 at half time in Rochdale v Spurs. With Spurs a goal down I strongly fancy 2 or more yellow cards being shown.

Unlucky with the Cov goal, but only a small loss. Looks like you made it back up with the cards tho, see ther were 4 in all :cheers

since I started spread betting, 18 days ago, I am up 109pts.:ok

12 minutes ago, Tiffy said:

Unlucky with the Cov goal, but only a small loss. Looks like you made it back up with the cards tho, see ther were 4 in all :cheers

since I started spread betting, 18 days ago, I am up 109pts.:ok

Cheers, yeah think there was a lucky late one for the scorer of the equaliser. Not that often I bet in running but bookings quotes that suddenly look low when a game changes like that one are one of the main times that I do. Man U when behind or drawing games they're big favourites for are usually good for 2 or more cards and the spread will often have dropped below that.

I'm a big advocate for spread betting and have been doing it for over 20 years. It's great as a betting option and as a way of identifying possible value in fixed odds markets too. Well done on your good start but I'd advise a note of caution because the good runs are great but the bad ones can be, shall we say, testing! I'm sure you won't, but don't ramp up your staking on the back of a good start only to hit a bad run that wipes out the gains and puts you off the format.

I got lucky with some big rugby league supremacy bets early on but also have memories of a footy game where every corner in the 2nd half was costing me around £60! :loon

Looking back on something I posted elsewhere a while back, I made a net profit of £145 in my 1st year, lost £600 in the second and was nearly £700 up by July of the following year (by which time I had accounts with 5 firms). Anyway, best leave it there before I get on a reminiscing and evangelising roll!

Man City are undefeated in their last 8 games in FA Cup.
Wigan are undefeated in their last 6 games in FA Cup.
Wigan have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 games in FA Cup.

You can find interesting 45 Football Betting Streaks for 19.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-19-02-2018-7909

Wigan vs Manchester City

Well, after that bloody shambles that was the Rochdale versus Tottenham game yesterday, I'm going to be less naive this time around! Wigan are 2nd in League One but they are only 1 point behind league leaders Shrewsbury Town with two games in hand. Paul Cook's team have already taken the scalps of Premier League sides Bournemouth and West Ham at the DW Stadium. It was also only back in 2013 that they defeated Manchester City at Wembley to win the FA Cup under Roberto Martinez.

However, having witnessed City at first hand in this competition, I can say that they will not under-estimate this Wigan side. Pep Guardiola will set his side up to be cautious yet attacking. Cardiff did expose them a few times so I'm not convinced that City will keep a clean sheet but they should prevail as winners. It might not be as comfortable as some think though.

As yesterday showed, we should expect anything in the FA Cup. It is my favourite competition in football for good reason. I think that the Latics will get promoted to the Championship this season. In Cook, they have one of the best managers in the Football League. I think Wigan could keep it tight and City might only be able to squeak a one goal win.

Wigan AH +2.25 @ 2.00 with 188Bet

Total Goals Scored Under 3.5 @ 1.80 with BetStars

@harry_rag

Thanks for the posts and feedback, I'll appreciate any guidance you can give me.Ive learnt alot this saeson from other members on here. So its been a useful season, although i cant get my bank over £50 this season, its been frickin dire!

I started my account with Spreadex at £20, and its currently at £30. I have a good points profit, but I havent been using level stakes. My stakes have been ranging from 10p-£1. So I am just using it as a learning curve really.

I seem to have a knack for goals at the moment, results have killed me, so I will stick to that.

I am tempted to go with buying Wigans performance tonight. Spread ex have it at 8-12. We only need 3 corners to break even, a goal would see us in profit. Backing  Newports and Rochdales performances would have returned a healthy profit.

Paul Cook likes to play football, and they should give it a good go tonight in front of the cameras

Edited by Tiffy

4 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Wigan vs Manchester City

Well, after that bloody shambles that was the Rochdale versus Tottenham game yesterday, I'm going to be less naive this time around! Wigan are 2nd in League One but they are only 1 point behind league leaders Shrewsbury Town with two games in hand. Paul Cook's team have already taken the scalps of Premier League sides Bournemouth and West Ham at the DW Stadium. It was also only back in 2013 that they defeated Manchester City at Wembley to win the FA Cup under Roberto Martinez.

However, having witnessed City at first hand in this competition, I can say that they will not under-estimate this Wigan side. Pep Guardiola will set his side up to be cautious yet attacking. Cardiff did expose them a few times so I'm not convinced that City will keep a clean sheet but they should prevail as winners. It might not be as comfortable as some think though.

As yesterday showed, we should expect anything in the FA Cup. It is my favourite competition in football for good reason. I think that the Latics will get promoted to the Championship this season. In Cook, they have one of the best managers in the Football League. I think Wigan could keep it tight and City might only be able to squeak a one goal win.

Wigan AH +2.25 @ 2.00 with 188Bet

Total Goals Scored Under 3.5 @ 1.80 with BetStars

I'm not sure Wigan will be able to keep the score down if they concede one, which they should do. The floodgates could definitely open if City get into their stride. Wigan are missing their captain Morsy as well as a host of players on loan. On a separate note, do you think you'd have picked Wigan on a plus if Tottenham had beaten Rochdale as expected? When I read your post I got the feeling you were jumping ship from backing the favourite because your bet had gone down - but just because it went down doesn't mean it was the wrong bet. If anything I'd be tempted to take your Tottenham bets and put the same ones on City. I think tonight will be very different to yesterday - relaid pitch or not, the surface at Spotland was not good and it affected the Tottenham players from what I saw. They weren't as sure of themselves on the ball as they normally are but as far as I know the pitch at Wigan is decent. Also, City should be naming a stronger side than Tottenham did.

Edited by Torque

15 hours ago, Tiffy said:

Good shout @StevieDay1983 on the Wigan game, let's face it, it was never in doubt was it!

I made an 11 point profit tonight. Bought at 14, sold at 25, shame about the 5 yellows otherwise it could have been better.

I think it was the psychic message I sent Fabian Delph to lunge in with his feet off the ground. I then also used telekinetic communication to make Anthony Taylor switch that yellow card for the red card! Every little helps! :ok