** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Coral stolen £13.5k!

Carol

Can anyone help? Opened an account with Coral on 4th Jan this year. Total deposits just over £550. Monday/Tuesday this week I turned £25 into £14,000, withdrew on Wednesday. Account frozen on Thursday, today they have returned all deposits to my card and said they have closed my account. How can they do this?! Never had an account with them or any other Gala brand, it was all won on football bets, surely this is fraud?

Still waiting for a response. They didn't inform me of closure or that they would be withholding funds, all I got AFTER I contacted them was "your account is excluded as of this moment".

My son is a law student and has advised to skip IBAS, and is currently preparing my particulars of claim/court bundle. Coral have escalated my complaint but asked for 14 working days to complete the investigation, this follows me giving them a deadline of Wednesday 14th for the funds to be in my account, in line with their maximum withdrawal times.

Spoke to the Gambling Commission who advised me to contact the Competition and Markets Authority. They have asked me to send them all evidence as they are currently investigating the online gambling industry for unfair terms and practices.

Unfortunately for Coral, they've picked the wrong person to fight with, I won't be taking this lying down!

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies. They paid up. Very very reluctantly. They tried to link to an old Ladbrokes account that had an incorrect DOB, wrong address, no email address and no phone number, wasn't even a username! I'd pulled their T&C's apart and they offered to settle on the last day before I commenced court action as a goodwill gesture, yeah right!

On 13/03/2018 at 5:33 PM, Carol said:

Apologies. They paid up. Very very reluctantly. They tried to link to an old Ladbrokes account that had an incorrect DOB, wrong address, no email address and no phone number, wasn't even a username! I'd pulled their T&C's apart and they offered to settle on the last day before I commenced court action as a goodwill gesture, yeah right!

Good news @Carol.  What was the trick?  I have a young friend who is going through the exact same thing with Crownbet (who just purchased William Hill Australia) they are an Australian bookmaker.  They were taking her bets on eSport she beat them to the tune of around AUD$ 50,000 (about GBP 27,000) they refunded her deposits and said that she had committed fraud, apparently they rang her on a Saturday morning at around 9am and her phone ran out of battery so she called them back on another phone and they claim this proves its not her account.  It is before the Northern Territory Gaming Commission, who said they are handing it to the racing board.....  Its been around 6 months so far  :@