You make the call - POCKET ACES Parts 1 and 2!

Jezza

All right.... Two real hands I have played on cash tables, one from a couple of nights ago, one that sticks in my mind from a year ago. Both times I am holding AA....would like your opinions here. Hand 1 Absolute poker 1/2 NL - 400 max sit down (yep double buy ins on AP!) ------- I have AA and raise a fair bit in mid position, called by someone who limped UTG originally with about 150 on the back and called by the button who has around 200, I have them both covered. FLOP : J J 5 rainbow. Hmmm not the greatest I think, decent chance someone has a jack. UTG bets out a tiny amount - I think he would check with a jack here but I still dont want to get too involved so I just call. Button then flat calls as well. Turn : 9 It's a total blank really, but then any card apart from an A is going to be (a 10 or Q or K might make someone a full house but if they were playing J10 QJ or KJ they are beating me anyway obviously). Again UTG bets out a minute amount (2 dollars into about a 50 pot) and again I just flat call, I really fear I am beaten by the button but such a small bet is too much to pass up - the button flat calls along with me again. River : Q Well that changes just about nothing.....UTG checks, I check and the Button bets 40 into the 60 pot. Your move? Hand 2: VC Poker 2/4 NL : 300 sit down - I have about 400 infront of me as does the villian. I pick up AA UTG and make it 20 to go from the off (standard raise on these tables). I'm flat called by the villian who has a lot in front of him. He's shown himself to be an ok player, probably does well for himself but from his chat I think he has too high an opinion of himself and does not realise when he was to blame for losing a hand. Moderately tight player so his range of hands are limited. Flop : A J 10 rainbow Now this is not a bad flop by any means - top set!. I dont have the nuts by any means but I can easily house up, I dont want to give a free card here (A K or Q coming off would be disgusting) and I think checking would make my hand obvious anyway, so I bet 50 (around pot size). Villian insta moves all in for 400. Your call? Results later after your opinions. Jez

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.