** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

SA v India ODI series

neilovan

Below is my post for the 2nd ODI game.

As a South African I have never seen a worse Proteas ODI team assembled than the one to play against India on Sunday. No AB de Villiers, No Faf du Plessis, and the rest of the batting lineup struggling.

Berhardien a joke, Duminy useless, Markram finding his feet, and de Kock and Miller out of form. 3 left hand batsmen all extremely vulnerable to spin (Miller, Duminy and de Kock).  Add to this a seam bowling attack that has no variation. Morkel bowls to short, Ngidi is just starting out, and Phehlukwayo is just not good enough.

Add to this that SA may drop de Kock for this game and give Heinrich Klaasen a chance. 

If I see that I'll borrow money to bet on India in this game.

Our match winner David Miller has really gone off the boil. Maybe some psychological reaction to blinding a person (a 6 in the IPL hit a man in the eye) a couple of years back. No form or belief at the moment ...  

SA deserve their low ODI world ranking because they are crap. No form at all, having a terrible last Summer in the UK (failing in the ICC Champions trophy, and being KO'ed by England in the ODI series). I don't like to bet against SA teams but the writing is on the wall here.

India won the 1st ODI at a canter, realistically by 8 wickets with 6 overs to spare. In a boxing match they would have thrown in the white towel and surrendered. SA were s__t awful!

At 8 to 10 INDIA WIN is a gift price.  

2nd ODI was a one sided whitewash. Came home at 1pm and game was finished. SA beyond poor.

-------------------------3rd ODI Prediction-------------------------------------------------------------------

The crazy part is that SA are getting weaker (if possible) while India are gaining strength.

Every week the touring team spends in SA makes them better. They get used to the conditions and settle in.

SA without de Kock, de Villiers and du Plessis have almost no chance in the 3rd ODI.

Who is going to get the runs in this team ? The batting lineup is just rubbish !

I see Glen Maxwell left out in Aussie, he would stroll into this lineup.

Amla is a little out of form, the two newbies  Markram and Klaasen will struggle (against top quality) .

Duminy and Miller are really vulnerable to spin, and you can't teach them how to play it in a week. Not possible. Both are totally lacking confidence (while Duminy is technically poor). The last time he had any "WOW"  in a game was 5 years ago. Absolutely ridiculous selection of a player well past his prime.

INDIA are firing on all cylinders. There is a buzz, and big competition for places in the team.

Think about it, your chance of playing for India is probably 120 million to 1 against. Also, when you get a chance to beat someone in professional sports, you must cash in and crush them. Grab the momentum and don't let up.

For me, Dhoni is an unbelievable player. I can't count how many times I have seen him win a game for India.

The greatest closer the short forms of the game has seen.   And the crazy part is that he is not even needed here !

INDIA TO WIN at odds nearly 6 to 10 is still a very decent price.

Edited by neilovan

More of the same rubbish from SA expected in the 4th ODI at the wanderers today. The weather is pretty good. Clear skies but with a little haze, could make for a thunderstorm or two later on.  Definitely an advantage to chase a total here and get duckworth lewis on your side. Also, team batting 1st could have an interrupted innings due to rain (prob rain at about 5.30 local time)

If SA drop David Miller and bring Behardien  in instead, I would be all over India. Probably Berhardien comes in for Zondo (who batted to slowly in the last game). SA are making ridiculous selection mistakes.  Duminy and Berhardien are not the answers. We know what they can do ( very little), and will never win SA a match. Rather blood some other players, and get their International futures going. Stop flogging a dead horse.

SA problems remain. They are unable to play wrist spin. However, they get their match winner (AB de Villiers back).

Me, I wait for the toss, as the team that bats second here gains an advantage. India win the toss and bowl first is a green light !

Edited by neilovan