** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2 & Scottish Predictions > Feb 6th - 11th

league1ratings.jpg

league2ratings.jpg

splratings.jpg

scotschampratings.jpg

It's an extended week of action for this thread with only a few matches in midweek followed by some more on the weekend. A limited dose of Scottish action though because of the Scottish FA Cup. Check out the cup thread for those odds! Anyway, let us know what you think for these games. I'll probably stick to the weekend for the previews because the odds have only just been released for the midweek games. Will see what I can do though.

@Papa Lazarou, @allyhibs, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @kulikTS, @golakeh1, @Unnamed, @willie82, @dogmeister, @TheEdge, @JJG, @allthethings, @Mindfulness, @the bastardian, @teddybear3011, and @sajtion. what are you guys all betting here? I'll tag you all as a reminder later on in the week as well. :ok

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premiership

St.Johnstone have lost their last 3 games in Premiership.
Rangers are undefeated in their last 17 games against Partick Thistle in all competitions.
St.Johnstone have won 83% of their last 6 games against Motherwell in all competitions.

You can find interesting 66 Football Betting Streaks for 06.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-06-02-2018-7566

Bradford vs Bury

OK, so I know you're probably looking at this and wondering how I can back a side that has the 5th worst home record in the division despite being 6th in the table but there is one reason. Bury's away form is a lot worse as the worst in the division with just 1 win away from home all season.

Bradford are on a terrible run of results at the moment. Stuart McCall was sacked earlier this week after seeing his team suffer six straight defeats in a row. Assistant manager Kenny Black is likely to take charge of this game but I think given how poorly the team had started playing under McCall then we should see an upturn in performances now he has gone. The club are still in the play-offs.

In this game, they face a Bury side who have been shocking this season. Only 7 of their 24 points have come on the road. They sit bottom of League One and are 9 points from safety. Results have improved since the sacking of Chris Lucketti but this is a tough game. To be cautious, it might be tempting to back the  draw. However, I'm backing the Bantams to get back to winning ways here.

Bradford to win @ 1.95 with Betfred

BTTS @ 1.80 with Bet365

@Papa Lazarou, @allyhibs, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @kulikTS, @golakeh1, @Unnamed, @willie82, @dogmeister, @TheEdge, @JJG, @allthethings, @Mindfulness, @the bastardian, @teddybear3011, and @sajtion. what tips do you guys think are the ones to back for these matches this weekend?

Newport County vs Forest Green Rovers

Heading down into League Two for the second preview of this weekend's Football League action. This game stands out for me because of how heavily fancied Newport County are despite having experienced a rollercoaster of emotions during midweek with their FA Cup 4th Round replay trip to Wembley to play Tottenham.

In the local media here, all the buzz was about the Exiles heading into that game. It's been a massive dose of reality this week with all the focus back on Welsh rugby and the Six Nations. How will Michael Flynn's side be able to deal with the psychological effect of going from the highs of midweek to the grind of the league? Maybe they are lucky that it's Forest Green Rovers and not a team higher up.

Even so, I think at the odds being offered, the away side are worth backing for a double chance. County boast the 2nd best home record in the division which is admirable considering they lie 11th in the league table. Forest Green Rovers have an atrocious away record. Just 2 wins from their 15 matches on the road. Still, I'm not necessarily backing them to win. Simply to catch County in the midst of an FA Cup hangover. It might be worth the risk this weekend!

Forest Green Rovers Double Chance @ 2.00 with Betfair

BTTS @ 1.80 with Bet365

@StevieDay1983  

Not a bad shout there with your Forest Green double chance tip. They played very well against us last week, albeit we weren't up for the fight and were second best to everything. 

We've got a crowd of 26,500 tomorrow for the visit of Accrington for our community day as we have given free tickets to schools and sold Adults tickets for £5. However, we lost 3 of our back 4 in the loss at Forest Green (fractured collar bone and 2 hamstrings) and have had a virus sweep through the camp this week. We have won our last 7 home games in all competitions but with all of our injuries and not knowing which players could miss the game due to the virus, Accrington double chance might be a decent bet. 

My picks are:

BLACKBURN - Good home side with plenty of power against an Oldham side who are poor on the road.

NOTTS COUNTY - To bounce back from their humiliating FA Cup defeat at Swansea and see off a poor Barnet side. Keeps up their challenge on the automatic promotion places. 

-  Swindon v Mansfield - Both Teams To Score - Two teams who like to attack and have both had 4 out of their last 5 games resulting in both teams scoring. 

Football Facts and Streaks regarding League 1 and Scottish Premiership

Celtic have won 96% of their last 23 games against Partick Thistle in all competitions.
Livingston have won with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 games in Scottish Championship.
Wigan have won with at least a 2 goal margin in 83% of their last 6 away games in League 1.
Fleetwood have lost with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 games in League 1.

You can find interesting 78 Football Betting Streaks for 10.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-10-02-2018-7681

On 09/02/2018 at 8:50 AM, sajtion said:

i was close with my acca last week folks. i had one wrong but never mind. my personal acca for this weekend is 

stoke, everton, wolves, derby, bristol city, wigan, blackburn, crewe, exeter

stake   £20    returns    £10.000

good luck

Good luck.  This weeks games look hard to pick.  I’m on this

Braga, Wolves, Ipswitch, Wigan, PSG, Beskitas Ht/Ft, Bordeaux, Monaco

Odds 30.14

2nd saver acca 

Braga, Bordeaux, PSG, Wolves 

Odds 3.08

With the odds about to cross into 4.0 territory I might back Bury, who look a different side since the managerial switch. Bradford have a far better away record, but this is League Two, where that's really typical. New manager syndrome might put me off, but perhaps that doesn't hold with the former assistant taking over.

FWIW I don't back the Newport hangover argument. If anything, after facing a side that strong they're likely to find this match much easier going, and they're five points back of the last playoff spot. Also, If I were going to take the dog, I'd take either win or draw, because the payoff is huge for guessing right. In this league I tend to go for outright wins, but that's mostly early and late in the season.

12 hours ago, Unnamed said:

Good luck.  This weeks games look hard to pick.  I’m on this

Braga ✅, Wolves✅, Ipswitch❌, Wigan❌, PSG✅, Beskitas Ht/Ft✅, Bordeaux✅, Monaco✅

Odds 30.14

2nd saver acca 

Braga✅, Bordeaux✅, PSG✅, Wolves✅ 

Odds 3.08