** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Feb 9th - 13th

champratings.jpg

It's a treat of a week for Championship fans this round because not only are there a number of intense derby games scheduled for the weekend but we also have the two catch-up matches the following Tuesday to prolong the excitement. Barnsley versus Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United versus Leeds, and Aston Villa versus Birmingham offer a derby triple threat this weekend. I'll get some previews up as the week progresses but feel free to get the chat started right now! :ok

1 hour ago, Tiffy said:

@StevieDay1983

can you be having Cardiff as underdogs against MILWALL on Friday?

They had a tough midweek trip to Rochdale & only have 2 days rest. They were awful too from what I heard. Cardiff should be too fresh for them surely?

Millwall vs Cardiff

In response to your post, @Tiffy, I thought I might as well write a preview! We looked a lot better than we have recently against Leeds. However, the 4-1 score-line flattered us and we only had 39% possession with 5 shots on target. Leeds gifted us a lot of chances and the sending off helped. It's going to be tough.

Our record against Millwall over recent years is decent though. We have only lost 1 game in the last 11 meetings but have drawn 5 of the last 8 matches against them. We have drawn the past two meetings 0-0 against them showing that Neil Harris (ex-Cardiff striker) loves to try and shut the games down against us. The Lions haven't managed to score against us in over 215 minutes of football between the two sides. I'm not saying this will be a dull affair but it has been 7 meetings between the teams since more than 2.5 goals were last scored.

Milwall are unbeaten in their last four league matches but I feel we are coming out of the other side of our poor run. I'm still feeling we lack something in the centre of the park in Gunnarsson's absence and Grujic really is just playing like a primadonna who thinks he's better than the Championship which isn't helping. I'm expecting another low scoring game and I'm quietly optimistic we can sneak a win here. I think Tiffy is right about midweek having an impact. We are playing some wounded Lions but I still think we could have too much for them.

Cardiff Draw No Bet @ 2.00 with William Hill

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.71 with 188Bet

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, and @the bastardian, what bets are you guys lining up this weekend?

some wednesday team news:

pudil and matias were sent off last week, matias red card was rescinded on appeal, now he is injured and out for 3 weeks.

loovens and butterfield-2 new injuries but both crap anyway. 13 fit first team players including 2 keepers, and 1 centre back.

Luhukay has been playing 3 centre backs, so if he persists this will mean venancio plus 2 kids (2 from thorniley. o'grady, neilson).

Our injury situation is a joke and the conspiracy theorists are out in force no doubt fuelled by the lack of information from the club.

I know barnsley aren't very good but i think we will lose. At the prices i am not betting apart from a couple of daft scorecasts moore and mcburnie and barnsley 3-0 and 3-1.

2 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

some wednesday team news:

pudil and matias were sent off last week, matias red card was rescinded on appeal, now he is injured and out for 3 weeks.

loovens and butterfield-2 new injuries but both crap anyway. 13 fit first team players including 2 keepers, and 1 centre back.

Luhukay has been playing 3 centre backs, so if he persists this will mean venancio plus 2 kids (2 from thorniley. o'grady, neilson).

Our injury situation is a joke and the conspiracy theorists are out in force no doubt fuelled by the lack of information from the club.

I know barnsley aren't very good but i think we will lose. At the prices i am not betting apart from a couple of daft scorecasts moore and mcburnie and barnsley 3-0 and 3-1.

It's a dangerous one to bet on. I'm still not entirely sure how your new manager is doing. Am I wrong but he seems a bit too cautious right now? I also expected more activity in the transfer window. Barnsley post-Heckingbottom will be a wild card though. Rumours are suggesting favour swinging towards home boy Mick McCarthy as his replacement. I'm sorry to hear you feeling so negatively about things. I think you will take at least a draw against Barnsley.

hi Stevie

i think he is doing well, but has been dealt a shit hand. He watched us and decided we were too open at the back but lacked pace so switched to 3 at the back. However, the wing backs palmer and fox are both poor so that doesn't help the system. He is being forced to play kids in some games who have done well. Players who were frozen out under carvalhal have been picked and also done well (venancio, joao and matias-ironically all portuguese and he wouldnt pick them). The injury situation is ridiculous : westwood, hunt (i think), loovens, lees, van aken, lee, abdi,  hutchinson, bannan, hooper, matias, fletcher, forestieri. I've probably forgotten someone. Most of the injuries happen in training and most suffer setbacks when rehabilitating. Someone smells wrong. On top of this the recruitment has been farcical and most decisions taken seem to be based on what is the worst thing we could do-yes lets do that. There is a whole litany of PR gaffes and to compound it he brings in someone as CEO who was hated at Charlton. The latest PR own goal is a survey to the supporters with leading questions in it. Earlier in the season he launched a scheme where   he asked supporters to pay £1,000 to have their name on their seat to be removed at the end of the season. An incentive was offered if we reached the premier league (possibly a £500 discount for 2 years- i can't remember). Needless to say it was  later withdrawn due to lack of take up. Only 1 player was brought in in January and no loans and i have read there will be no out of contract players brought in either (despite the injury situation). It seems as if the Chairman bet the bank on promotion and now has tightened the purse strings-FFP is often mentioned by the club, but had it been run in a sensible manner this would be irrelevant.

i keep banging on about relegation being possible and we are still 20/1 so the bookies haven't cottoned on. Maybe i am wrong and we will get some players back soon and everything will be hunky dory.

Pessimistic of Sheffield.

Edited by waynecoyne

this league has been shambles the last few weeks. i'm getting frustrated with it. it's hard to read into any trend. it seems every team is zig zagging badly. we could have got better prediction with a toss of the coin

...speaking of which

i am liking reading to beat middlesborough. i don't think pulis get this team as good at the back until next season. the hierarchy of reading have given jaap stam vote of confidence and he's pulled of some decent good wins and draws notebly against aston villa, leeds, derby, cardiff, fulham. i am taking them at these odds

Edited by sajtion

Millwall FC v Cardiff City

Millwall FC: Tim Cahill (0/0 f, doubtful), Aiden O'Brien (26/4 f), Byron Webster (10/0 d)

Cardiff City: Craig Bryson (13/1 m), Lee Peltier (21/0 d), Matthew Connolly (1/0 d), Aron Gunnarsson (12/0 m), Danny Ward (18/4 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

68% of Millwall's points have been earned at home in Championship.
Cardiff have scored in 73% of their away matches in Championship.
Cardiff have scored 32% of their goals after the 75th minute in Championship.
Millwall have kept a clean sheet in 71% of their last 7 matches against Cardiff in all competitions.
Millwall have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 7 matches against Cardiff in all competitions.

You can find interesting 61 Football Betting Streaks for 09.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-09-02-2018-7644

On 08/02/2018 at 6:32 PM, sajtion said:

this league has been shambles the last few weeks. i'm getting frustrated with it. it's hard to read into any trend. it seems every team is zig zagging badly. we could have got better prediction with a toss of the coin

...speaking of which

i am liking reading to beat middlesborough. i don't think pulis get this team as good at the back until next season. the hierarchy of reading have given jaap stam vote of confidence and he's pulled of some decent good wins and draws notebly against aston villa, leeds, derby, cardiff, fulham. i am taking them at these odds

The league has been a shambles for the last two decades! Imagine how us supporters that have teams in it feel! :lol

Derby vs Norwich

I'm covering this game simply because of the price being offered on the Rams at home. It's a little strange considering Derby have an 11 game unbeaten run in the Championship and also possess the 4th best home record in the league. That said, Norwich might be 13th in the league and still under the stewardship of the criticised Daniel Farke but the Canaries could potentially have the 3rd best away record in the division if they win this game.

Gary Rowett is a manager I really rate. His work at Burton and Birmingham before this job has been impressive. So, to me, it's no surprise that he's doing the business at Derby. This game could well be a chance for them to consolidate their spot in the automatic promotion places so it's a huge opportunity. They will have to beat a Norwich team that have won 4 of their last 5 league games though.

Everything about Derby right now says promotion material. It's becoming a popular feeling that Wolves have got the top spot bagged and the second automatic promotion spot is between Derby, Aston Villa, and Cardiff. Fulham maybe also being considered dark horses now they have some consistency. If Derby want to steal that automatic promotion berth come May then they need to win games like this. I think they will.

Derby to win @ 2.05 with Stan James

BTTS @ 1.91 with Ladbrokes

Sheffield Utd have failed to score in their last 3 home matches in Championship.
Leeds Utd have failed to win in their last 6 matches in Championship.
35% of Leeds Utd's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Championship.

You can find interesting 78 Football Betting Streaks for 10.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-10-02-2018-7681

Brentford vs Preston North End

2018, February 10, 16:00 hrs

Championship

In their matches between them in the last 11 matches, only in 1 match have they drawn, on November 17, 2012 at the home of Preston North End. Now considering Brentford at home, it has 4 wins and 1 loss against Preston North End, so the analysis would indicate that it is most likely a home win, but take into consideration that these two teams are among those that tie the most this season.

Preston North End has tied 12 of 30 games, the same number of those who have won. And both home and away has the same number of games tied 6. On the home side, Brentford has tied 7 of 15 home games with only two losses.

As for his recent performance, Brentford has nine games without a draw, and in the last five games, three have finished with just one goal. While Preston North End has three games without a draw, after two draws 1-1 (both visit and home).

It seems to be a game that will disputed and with few goals and I think there will be a draw that breaks the trend of the matches between them, as well as their recent performance and allowed them both to remain in the top of the table.

Draw with 3 units @ 3.60 a Bet365

Bristol City vs Sunderland

Championship

After a disastrous month of January where it only achieved a victory at the end of the month, winning against Queen Park Rangers at home, Bristol City did not start well February with visiting Bolton Wanderers. But now he returns home where Sunderland seems like a  soft rival, because their a goalkeeper out due to a dislocated finger. Both have a long list of injured players, good news for Sunderland is that Jonny Williams and Paddy McNair return, hoping to change the team's performance, which has four losses in the last five games, fortunately they won at home in Hull City, but nothing more . Sunderland has more defeats than anything at away, and has only been able to win 3 of 15 matches, so the expectations here are not high.
Bristol City has the best chances to win this match, and get an streak of two wins at home to continue the good performance they had in the first part of the season, need as their rivals recent performance is good and they would be left in a difficult position for the remaining parties.

Bristol City with 5 units @ 2.20 at Wanabet

Edited by Xcout

Ipswich vs Burton Albion

Championship

Ipswich Town has been better at home than away, and it remains in the middle of the table, with the teams with the fewest  draws having achieved the same number of victories as of lost matches, which keeps the chances of climbing positions.

Although they will miss David McGoldrick and others injured, awaits the debut of Mustapha Carayol, on the part of Burton, have the absences of Luke Murphy and Darrent Bent, among others, so the absences of Burton are of greater consideration.

Facing the last place in the league, Burton Albion, who despite being in that position has their reivals as close as three points away, and has had a better performance at away, with four wins by two at home. With five consecutive defeats, the goal of the team is a break that negative trend that has seen him at the end of all teams, but faces the team that has provide them with  three defeats in the recent games between them, and have always allowed two goals, so the antecedents are not good.

In addition Burton is the team that made fewer shots this season at away, only 89 shots, 36 less than other team. Therefore, it is likely that Ipswich returns to the path of victory at home.

Ipswich with 6 units @ 1.85 at Bet365

A last one, a little crazy and far fetch.

Wolverhampton vs Queens Park Rangers
Championship

Wolverhampton has a comfortable 11-point lead at the top of the Championship, while Queens Park Rangers is halfway down, and with a lousy visitor performance with just two wins, nine losses in 15 games, at least at home It has obtained a little better performance, but not what they would expect.

Wolverhampton at home has hardly left points, with two draws and two losses in 15 games for a total of 11 wins. Currently with two consecutive victories the team continues to assert itself at the top of the tournament, while QPR managed to win again at home against a Barnsley, match where they normally take points, and served to continue in 15th place and break a negative dynamic of two games losing .

All the above indicates that the most likely is a home win, but taking into account the direct confrontations between them we find that in the two previous seasons Queens Park Rangers took the victory at the Molineux Stadium which indicates that they are good at this encounter. Opposite to those two season, this season they where able to obtain the victory at home when it faced Wolverhampton.

Considering the available odds, I think the value of the Asian handicap is very good, because considering the antecedent, in addition to being closed matches and decided by a goal and considering that there may be surprises, we are going with an average stake.

QPR +1.25 AH with 5 units @ 2.01 at Dafabet

Aston Villa vs Birmingham

It's the second city derby this Sunday and it's always sure to be an eventful game. Aston Villa have a chance to move into the automatic promotion spots after Derby's draw with Norwich today. Birmingham desperately need a win to get some clear space between themselves and the relegation spots. On paper, this should be a given for the home side. However, this is a derby and form counts for nothing.

In head-to-head meetings, Villa have the far better record. In the last 13 meetings across all competitions, Villa have won 8, there have been 4 draws, and 1 win for Birmingham. Steve Bruce's side also have six league wins on the trot compared to Steve Cotterill's side's slightly less prolific yet still positive 13 points from their last 6 league games. Villa have only lost 1 game at home this season and Birmingham sit 23rd in the Championship away form table with just 10 points from 15 away matches.

One thing is for sure, any game that has Bruce and Cotterill going head-to-head is sure to be full of emotion. Will Lewis Grabban start for Villa? How much of an impact will losing Jonathan Grounds from the back-line be for the Blues? It's a match that will answer a lot of questions. Despite Villa's excellent form, they surely can't win every game between now and May... but are a confident Birmingham side the ones to end it? I'm swaying between a score draw and tight win for Villa.

BTTS @ 2.2 with SunBets

Under 9.5 Corners @ 2.05 with 888Sport

Aston Villa have won their last 6 matches in Championship.
Aston Villa have scored in each of their last 8 matches in Championship.
Aston Villa have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 4 home matches in Championship.
Birmingham City have been undefeated in their last 4 away matches in Championship.
Aston Villa have kept a clean sheet in their last 4 home games against Birmingham in all competitions.

You can find interesting 77 Football Betting Streaks for 11.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-11-02-2018-7684