** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Outside Chance (2018)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm formally ending this thread now, mainly because of how time consuming it is and how much time I can reasonably spare at the moment. This remains the approach I take to identifying potential goalscorer bets but I'll no longer be tracking how the potential selections perform if backed blindly. I'd rather spend the time sorting the wheat from the chaff!

Obviously, on the evidence of this thread, it doesn't look that good, with the approx 21 point loss roughly split 20 points on League, 3 points on Soccer and a 2 point profit on Union.

Last year's thread returned a 77 point profit from 519 bets with all 3 sports returning a profit of over 20 points. So, overall, still 56.5 points to the good with all 3 sports in profit (albeit only just in the case of League).

Conclusion? It's definitely a valid approach to identifying a shortlist of potential bets for further consideration but the jury's out on whether blindly backing the selections would show a profit in the long term. I suspect there's a small amount of bad luck in this year's negative return but a bigger chunk of good fortune in last year's profit.