** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

GT?

Only a few ever refered to me back in the day as GT? You did billy,so where from?

Just intrigued that so far only you that has acknowledged the past and to assure you you are doing a great job on here and have my full support.Not to forget to mention your passion for both the site and punters.

I don't have a huge amount of time but would you consider a "Problem page" as a stand alone where a few forumites can try and help punters with questions as a good idea?

Kind Regards

GT

Hi mate, I was trying to think the other day where I had read some of your posts before?
I used to scan most horsey forums back in the day.

I have been here since 2001, seems like a lifetime in the forum world with so many changes taking place.
I think the GT comes from most people calling me BH? Just me being lazy probably.

At one time we used to akin this place to going down your local where you could have a chat about anything and argue the toss about the days racing. Those days are long gone i'm afraid as you well know.

People these days have very little time or inclination to sit at the PC and contribute to a discussion thread, Paul was telling me the other day that 70% of members at that time were actually viewing the PL via a flippin mobile, how you can fully contribute to a forum on a phone is beyond me, but there you go.

The truth is that people log on, quickly scan the menus, enter the various comps and log off. The odd thread gets some reaction but it usually has to be either giving something away or controversial. The vast majority of posters don't read anything else, sad but true. We are trying to reverse the trend.

We do our best here and we think we have a good platform for people to discuss anything without being bullied or ridiculed. You may get the odd warrior but thats life and we deal with it.

We welcome any new ideas for threads but we try not have too many stickie topics as it does put people off we have found.

1 hour ago, BillyHills said:

People these days have very little time or inclination to sit at the PC and contribute to a discussion thread, Paul was telling me the other day that 70% of members at that time were actually viewing the PL via a flippin mobile, how you can fully contribute to a forum on a phone is beyond me, but there you go.

If I wasn't on the sick atm I wouldnt be on here 1/10th of the time Ive been on in the last month or so,

The last thing on my mind after a 12hr day at work would be swanning about on a forum as Im sure most people who work think the same, when I was doing night maintenance I would spend more time on the net because thats all you can do during the day apart from sleep.

The younger generation like my lad does everything on his moble, plus they have very little time for anything if it aint 100mph then its no good,twatter (which I wont use) has put paid to discussions forums ect.

While facecrook (which I also wont use) is where most of the conmen from the horseracing forums now try to entice their new victims with tales of untold riches etc

Even Google+ that I used to use is a pain in the arse, Under interests/hobbies I put horseracing and Football , Boom innundated with shysters promising super tips ,nailed on horses etc,etc pathetic.

30 minutes ago, BillyHills said:

We will enjoy your company while we can then mate!

12 hour days????????? get a life VT

:ok

I do breakdown machine maintenance BH takes as long as it takes.

We get called in when machines breakdown and get it repaired or else others cant work.

If its general maintenance were the people the workers dont see as its all done when the factory is closed for holidays so limited time span for completion.

Believe it or not there are still are some grafters left, not everyone is a penpusher ;)

:ok

All I can say Billy is what I said on my first post,here to support you and all the forum users.If I post anything controversial,I guarantee there is an issue to be addressed.

Whether it be about gambling or an issue within a stable about working conditions my sole aim is to help.I will never attack or attempt to discredit a forum user.I will consider every and all opinions before making a reply.

The experience I have within the industries of betting and the wider industry of horse racing is not unique,they are inextricable bedfellows.My knowledge of LAW combined however is not commonly applied.

In short,I am here to help ALL punters and anyone else on the Forum.Guaranteed to provide a profit for anyone following any information long term.Never let anyone down over 2 decades and do not intend to start now.