** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > Jan 30th

Darran

A good day on Saturday to continue what has been a pretty good month on the whole. Hopefully it will end just as well as it started and I have 4 aways for Tuesday night.

Gateshead v Wrexham

I am rather surprised that Wrexham are such a big price for this game. Gateshead were on my shortlist for Saturday until I noticed their dreadful home form of late. Now they did end up winning and with 10 men, but then Maidstone are hardly in the greatest of form at the moment. Wrexham on the other hand have only lost 2 of their last 10 league games and are still right there in the promotion picture. They were part of a cracking 2-2 draw against Tranmere on Saturday and as long as their isn't a hangover from that they should really be winning this. I am amazed they are as big as 121/50 as I would make them favourites for the game as I think they have a class edge on their hosts.

Halifax v Leyton Orient

I put Orient up to win this game whilst I was away and the game was called off. Nothing has changed for me since then and I still think Oreint look a good bet at 17/10 with Betway/Bet365.

Hendon v Leatherhead

Since their improved league form Leatherhead have also improved their away form. They did lose their last game against Thurrock which was on their travels, but they had a busy month up until that game and maybe that had something to do with it. Their game on Saturday was called off which should help them as they have had 10 days off now which is probably what they needed. Hendon are only 4 points in front of them in the table and although they did come back from 3 down on Saturday to get a 3-3 draw with Folkestone they are on a little bit of a wobble at the moment. I would still make them favs for the game, but no way should Leatherhead be as big as 15/4. I would have them around the 2/1 mark myself and they have a good chance of picking up another 3 points here.

Tiverton v Frome

Tiverton are in awful form at the moment having picked up 2 wins in their last 8 games. Those wins were against Farnbourgh and bottom side Gosport so they don't say a great deal and they have lost their other 6 including a 6-2 defeat against Basingstoke on Saturday. Frome are in much better form having lost just one of their last 6 games and they have only lost 4 games on their travels this season. Granted Tiverton have only lost 3 home games, but crucially for me 2 of those 3 have come in their last 2 home matches. I think 7/4 with Betway on an away win is value.

Wrexham 2pts @ 121/50 with Marathon

Leyton Orient 2pts @ 17/10 with Betway/Bet 365

Leatherhead 1pt @ 15/4 with BetVictor

Frome 1pt @ 7/4 with Betway

Edited by Darran

On 30/01/2018 at 1:08 AM, Darran said:

A good day on Saturday to continue what has been a pretty good month on the whole. Hopefully it will end just as well as it started and I have 4 aways for Tuesday night.

Gateshead v Wrexham

I am rather surprised that Wrexham are such a big price for this game. Gateshead were on my shortlist for Saturday until I noticed their dreadful home form of late. Now they did end up winning and with 10 men, but then Maidstone are hardly in the greatest of form at the moment. Wrexham on the other hand have only lost 2 of their last 10 league games and are still right there in the promotion picture. They were part of a cracking 2-2 draw against Tranmere on Saturday and as long as their isn't a hangover from that they should really be winning this. I am amazed they are as big as 121/50 as I would make them favourites for the game as I think they have a class edge on their hosts.

Halifax v Leyton Orient

I put Orient up to win this game whilst I was away and the game was called off. Nothing has changed for me since then and I still think Oreint look a good bet at 17/10 with Betway/Bet365.

Hendon v Leatherhead

Since their improved league form Leatherhead have also improved their away form. They did lose their last game against Thurrock which was on their travels, but they had a busy month up until that game and maybe that had something to do with it. Their game on Saturday was called off which should help them as they have had 10 days off now which is probably what they needed. Hendon are only 4 points in front of them in the table and although they did come back from 3 down on Saturday to get a 3-3 draw with Folkestone they are on a little bit of a wobble at the moment. I would still make them favs for the game, but no way should Leatherhead be as big as 15/4. I would have them around the 2/1 mark myself and they have a good chance of picking up another 3 points here.

Tiverton v Frome

Tiverton are in awful form at the moment having picked up 2 wins in their last 8 games. Those wins were against Farnbourgh and bottom side Gosport so they don't say a great deal and they have lost their other 6 including a 6-2 defeat against Basingstoke on Saturday. Frome are in much better form having lost just one of their last 6 games and they have only lost 4 games on their travels this season. Granted Tiverton have only lost 3 home games, but crucially for me 2 of those 3 have come in their last 2 home matches. I think 7/4 with Betway on an away win is value.

Wrexham 2pts @ 121/50 with Marathon

Leyton Orient 2pts @ 17/10 with Betway/Bet 365

Leatherhead 1pt @ 15/4 with BetVictor

Frome 1pt @ 7/4 with Betway

Well done with these