** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Feb 3rd - 5th

The midweek card was great but this looks a lot more difficult on first viewing. I'm struggling to shortlist games here and you know you're in trouble when that happens. Some cards you just have to sit back and let it all play out and that might not be a bad idea this weekend, let the dust settle after that wretched transfer window.

Will post again if I find anything but not really expecting to with this pile of dross.

@andrewcalo Swansea have a fighting chance of staying in the division now, despite the naysayers. Are you able to conjure up any bets from leftfield on this card?

@Tiffy Don't slag off Glenn!

Burnley vs Manchester City

Having witnessed Manchester City first hand and purely playing in second gear all game I am struggling to see how anyone can beat them this season. The defeat to Liverpool is likely to be an anomaly. However, games like this at Turf Moor will be a huge test for the Citizens. Particularly now the secret is out that they hate the physical game... not that it was a big secret anyway!

Burnley's home form is not a patch on what it has been in previous seasons. Their recent form is also atrocious with the Clarets going 9 matches in all competitions without a win. That last victory came in a 1-0 win at home to an out-of-form Stoke on 12th December, 2017.

City had shown signs of being broken in the Liverpool league game and against Bristol City in the Carabao Cup. The doubts cast on Pep Guardiola's side have quickly been dismissed after superb performances against Cardiff in the FA Cup and West Brom in the league.

I think Burnley will make life difficult for City here. Many bookies are practically giving the away side the win before kick-off. Burnley are a side that have a track record of upsetting the big sides. I just think Burnley are in a rut and this might not be the game that will see them out of it. It'll be narrow but City should scrape through.

Burnley +1.75 AH @ 1.82 with BetVictor

Manchester City to win to nil @ 2.07 with 188Bet

What about the rest of you? Any bets lined up for these games?

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @andrewcalo, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @jamiedavies02, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, and @AndreBR.

Hi

I am new,my english is little bad so try understand me,I am big fan of Everton F.C,and from that,I created a love for betting and ofc for PL, I have been looking for a long time for this, people who follow PL and I hope that they have some information about clubs and inside the clubs,so I am wondering about match Leicester City-Swansea City.Odds on host is little low so I think double chance on Swansea City,what do you think ?

8 minutes ago, MaliMisko12 said:

Hi

I am new,my english is little bad so try understand me,I am big fan of Everton F.C,and from that,I created a love for betting and ofc for PL, I have been looking for a long time for this, people who follow PL and I hope that they have some information about clubs and inside the clubs,so I am wondering about match Leicester City-Swansea City.Odds on host is little low so I think double chance on Swansea City,what do you think ?

:welcome to PL @MaliMisko12  :ok 

On 01/02/2018 at 11:14 AM, Mindfulness said:

The midweek card was great but this looks a lot more difficult on first viewing. I'm struggling to shortlist games here and you know you're in trouble when that happens. Some cards you just have to sit back and let it all play out and that might not be a bad idea this weekend, let the dust settle after that wretched transfer window.

Will post again if I find anything but not really expecting to with this pile of dross.

@andrewcalo Swansea have a fighting chance of staying in the division now, despite the naysayers. Are you able to conjure up any bets from leftfield on this card?

@Tiffy Don't slag off Glenn!

Well that's the whole point, we can't slag him off now that he isn't with you lot anymore!

So, I'm not sure what the song has been changed to, but I will find out tmrw when I visit the Amex.

BRIGHTON V WET SPAM

Put into simple terms, this is a game Brighton need to win in order to avoid being dragged into the bottom 3. The opportunity is there, as WHU are without a lot of their first choice players. 

If we can get an early start & put our chances away, then I don't see why we can't get all 3 points.

izquerdo spurned a glorious chance on Wednesday in the early stages, and I think that Brighton will make a fast start again, looking for a early goal.

B365 have set the early goal at 36m, and I can see us scoring before this

GOAL BEFORE 36m @1.83

16 hours ago, MaliMisko12 said:

Hi

Hi MaliMisko, welcome to the forum.

Your English is fine, more eloquent than some (native) others on here!

well, Swansea have certainly picked up since the new manager took over, victories over Arsenal & Liverpool will certainly have boosted their confidence. Leicester have been going well, but perhaps the unsettling of  Mahrez by Man City may have an effect on them?

Go for the DC on the Swans if you feel it offers value. 

Good luck!

Edited by Tiffy

West Bromwich v Southampton

West Bromwich: Grzegorz Krychowiak (18/0 m), Hal Robson-Kanu (16/2 f), Kieran Gibbs (21/0 d), Jake Livermore (23/0 m)(all doubtful), James Morrison (4/1 m), Nacer Chadli (3/1 m)

Southampton: Manolo Gabbiadini (22/3 f, doubtful), Charlie Austin (16/6 f, top scorer)

Arsenal v Everton FC

Arsenal: Jack Wilshere (13/1 m, illness), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (f, newcomer, illness)(both doubtful), Santi Cazorla (0/0 m), Danny Welbeck (16/3 f)

Everton FC: Ramiro Funes Mori (0/0 d), James McCarthy (4/0 m), Maarten Stekelenburg (0/0 g), Leighton Baines (13/2 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Arsenal vs Everton

It's been a tough few weeks for Arsene Wenger's side as the #WengerOut brigade have been handed ample ammunition after the Gunners have managed just two wins in their last eight competitive matches. Signing Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will have silenced some doomsayers but results are needed urgently.

Things have been just as rocky (not sticky!) for the Toffees. Life was good under Sam Allardyce a few months back but form has mellowed. The win against Leicester in midweek was a first win in six matches for Everton. So they will be hoping to build on that with former Gunner Theo Walcott looking to draw blood against his former team.

This game has goals written all over it. Arsenal have 14 goals in their last 7 matches. Not signing a commanding centre back could be a continuing issue for Arsenal. Everton do not have a much better defensive record away from home with just two clean sheets on the road all season. Picking a winner is tough but it could be one where home advantage prevails in a goal-filled fiesta.

BTTS @ 2.00 with William Hill

Anytime Scorer Aubameyang @ 1.91 with Betfred

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

West Brom have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 9 home games against Southampton in all competitions.
Man City have scored at least 2 goals in 89% of their last 18 games in Premier League.
Arsenal are undefeated in their last 20 home games against Everton in all competitions.
Man City have won 91% of their last 23 games in Premier League.
Huddersfield have failed to score in 82% of their last 11 away games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 80 Football Betting Streaks for 03.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-03-02-2018-7470

Brighton & Hove Albion - West Ham United 1(2.35 bet365)

I decided to play the home win beacuse finally they brought a attacker who can score a goal(I mean on Leo Uloa) and Jurgen Locadia who is injured.They are playing old English football(Ball on the wing and goes to cross to attacker),they have two very good wings(Ezuqierdo and Anthony Knockaret),well Ezuqierdo is type of very fast player and someone who can cross to attacker but he is poor at finishing scoring chances,but on other side,Knockaret is someone who is responsible to create chance for Seagles.Defensive are very good with Duffy and Dunk in position od CB.Home play good with the team similiar qualites as like West Ham . The main reason why I belive in home victory is currently list of injured at West Ham.Currently nobody can create chance in West Ham and they have very lucky penalty decision on home draw against Crystal Palace.In West Hama there is the absence of Lanzinia who creates the game and Arnautovica who adapted the role of the attackers.So I belive that Seagles will take an advantage of guest handicap 

good luck

LEICESTER v SWANSEA Sat 2018-02-03

How disruptive is Riyad Mahrez! Every transfer window he is captain CHAOS! He won't play this weekend, and Leicester probably will get very little out of him for the rest of the season. 

It has to affect team spirit, and moral. It's a really bad situation to have a festering player around the squad. Negative vibes all around ! Leicester have only been doing so well, because Puel had Vardy and Mahrez buzzing. The air has gone out of the balloon here ... psssssssssssstttttttt ! 

Swansea will come into this game absolutely flying. Two unreal wins, at home against Liverpool and Arsenal. Come on, NOBODY gave them 6 points from those two games ! Amazing game plans, excellent execution. They beat Arsenal easily. 

So Carlos Carvalhal has performed wonders. It's sardines eating sharks, and this weekend the sardines could continue to bite back. 

The bet I like here is the away double chance. Swansea to win or draw is very decently priced at 2.1 

Away Double Chance - Odds 2.1 (2 Units)

Just a quick off topic post, because I did'nt know where to post it in the cricket forum.

As a South African I have never seen a worse Proteas ODI team assembled than the one to play against India on Sunday. No AB de Villiers, No Faf du Plessis, and the rest of the batting lineup struggling.

Berhardien a joke, Duminy useless, Markram finding his feet, and de Kock and Miller out of form. 3 left hand batsmen all extremely vulnerable to spin (Miller, Duminy and de Kock).  Add to this a seam bowling attack that has no variation. Morkel bowls to short, Ngidi is just starting out, and Phehlukwayo is just not good enough.

Add to this that SA may drop de Kock for this game and give Heinrich Klaasen a chance. 

If I see that I'll borrow money to bet on India in this game.

Our match winner David Miller has really gone off the boil. Maybe some psychological reaction to blinding a person (a 6 in the IPL) a couple of years back. No form or belief at the moment ...  

SA deserve their low ODI world ranking because they are crap. No form at all, having a terrible last Summer in the UK (failing in the ICC Champions trophy, and being KO'ed by England in the ODI series). I don't like to bet against SA teams but the writing is on the wall here.

India won the 1st ODI at a canter, realistically by 8 wickets with 6 overs to spare. In a boxing match they would have thrown in the white towel and surrendered. SA were s__t awful!

At 8 to 10 INDIA WIN is a gift price. 

Edited by neilovan

1 hour ago, Mindfulness said:

I think,the better solution will be to play Aubameyang not to score anyway,if he is injured,he will be subtitution or he wont play.You must know(I am big fan of everton)that is Big Sam will go %100 with 5 defenders in formation 5-4-1

2 hours ago, neilovan said:

LEICESTER v SWANSEA Sat 2018-02-03

How disruptive is Riyad Mahrez! Every transfer window he is captain CHAOS! He won't play this weekend, and Leicester probably will get very little out of him for the rest of the season. 

It has to affect team spirit, and moral. It's a really bad situation to have a festering player around the squad. Negative vibes all around ! Leicester have only been doing so well, because Puel had Vardy and Mahrez buzzing. The air has gone out of the balloon here ... psssssssssssstttttttt ! 

Swansea will come into this game absolutely flying. Two unreal wins, at home against Liverpool and Arsenal. Come on, NOBODY gave them 6 points from those two games ! Amazing game plans, excellent execution. They beat Arsenal easily. 

So Carlos Carvalhal has performed wonders. It's sardines eating sharks, and this weekend the sardines could continue to bite back. 

The bet I like here is the away double chance. Swansea to win or draw is very decently priced at 2.1 

Away Double Chance - Odds 2.1 (2 Units)

Just a quick off topic post, because I did'nt know where to post it in the cricket forum.

As a South African I have never seen a worse Proteas ODI team assembled than the one to play against India on Sunday. No AB de Villiers, No Faf du Plessis, and the rest of the batting lineup struggling.

Berhardien a joke, Duminy useless, Markram finding his feet, and de Kock and Miller out of form. 3 left hand batsmen all extremely vulnerable to spin (Miller, Duminy and de Kock).  Add to this a seam bowling attack that has no variation. Morkel bowls to short, Ngidi is just starting out, and Phehlukwayo is just not good enough.

Add to this that SA may drop de Kock for this game and give Heinrich Klaasen a chance. 

If I see that I'll borrow money to bet on India in this game.

Our match winner David Miller has really gone off the boil. Maybe some psychological reaction to blinding a person (a 6 in the IPL) a couple of years back. No form or belief at the moment ...  

SA deserve their low ODI world ranking because they are crap. No form at all, having a terrible last Summer in the UK (failing in the ICC Champions trophy, and being KO'ed by England in the ODI series). I don't like to bet against SA teams but the writing is on the wall here.

India won the 1st ODI at a canter, realistically by 8 wickets with 6 overs to spare. In a boxing match they would have thrown in the white towel and surrendered. SA were s__t awful!

At 8 to 10 INDIA WIN is a gift price. 

If in doubt, just create a new topic in the cricket section mate. Always keen to hear new views in there. :ok

On 01/02/2018 at 11:34 AM, StevieDay1983 said:

Burnley vs Manchester City

Having witnessed Manchester City first hand and purely playing in second gear all game I am struggling to see how anyone can beat them this season. The defeat to Liverpool is likely to be an anomaly. However, games like this at Turf Moor will be a huge test for the Citizens. Particularly now the secret is out that they hate the physical game... not that it was a big secret anyway!

Burnley's home form is not a patch on what it has been in previous seasons. Their recent form is also atrocious with the Clarets going 9 matches in all competitions without a win. That last victory came in a 1-0 win at home to an out-of-form Stoke on 12th December, 2017.

City had shown signs of being broken in the Liverpool league game and against Bristol City in the Carabao Cup. The doubts cast on Pep Guardiola's side have quickly been dismissed after superb performances against Cardiff in the FA Cup and West Brom in the league.

I think Burnley will make life difficult for City here. Many bookies are practically giving the away side the win before kick-off. Burnley are a side that have a track record of upsetting the big sides. I just think Burnley are in a rut and this might not be the game that will see them out of it. It'll be narrow but City should scrape through.

Burnley +1.75 AH @ 1.82 with BetVictor

Manchester City to win to nil @ 2.07 with 188Bet

What about the rest of you? Any bets lined up for these games?

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @andrewcalo, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @jamiedavies02, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, and @AndreBR.

It was looking so good... Dyche and his bloody worms coming back to haunt me again!

Crystal Palace conceded at least one goal in 83% of their home matches in Premier League.
Liverpool have been undefeated in their last 12 home matches in Premier League.
Tottenham have been undefeated in their last 7 matches in Premier League.
Tottenham have scored in each of their last 13 matches in Premier League.
36% of Tottenham's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.

You can find interesting 79 Football Betting Streaks for 04.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-04-02-2018-7472

Liverpool vs Tottenham

A season or two ago I would be labelling this as a clash between the most prolific attack against the most solid defence. That is still slightly the case but the Spurs defence has been prone to conceding a few more than usual this season and Liverpool have maintained their inconsistency from previous campaigns under Klopp.

2018 has been hit and miss for the Reds so far. Ending Manchester City's unbeaten run was a highlight but defeats to Swansea in the league and West Brom in the FA Cup has left fans frustrated once again. Tottenham have fixed their Wembley hoodoo this season with just one defeat at their temporary home but they have struggled to equal that form on the road winning only 6 of their 12 away matches this season.

I think this could be a game full of goals. Liverpool have banged in 15 goals in their last three league matches at home. Tottenham have also scored 9 in their last six matches away from Wembley. Klopp has an impressive record against Pochettino but their last meeting did result in the Spurs manager's first win against his counterpart in a devastating 4-1 result. Three of the last six matches have ended in a draw and I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen again here. Maybe it's the Sunday morning chill out vibes but I fancy a couple of riskier bets today for this game.

Over 3.5 Goals Scored @ 2.50 with Betfair

Anytime Scorer Mohamed Salah @ 2.30 with Ladbrokes

Crystal Palace-Newcastle United 2 4.33 bet365 or DNB 2 3.00

For me there is something strange here, for the start of the odds on Newcastle, as I have said for a long time, and when such odds are won on guest, 80% of cases win the guest. Now Newcastle United plays a game that does not match Crystal Palace but all in this is done by someone who will realize the opportunity. That is why Slimani was brought in and he was very subtle by Leicester City. It is a bit slow for the attackers who have the Premier League but they have a very good ending. It is enough to see that people play a victory at Crystal Palace but something tells me that today Newcastle could spoil the day

4 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Liverpool vs Tottenham

A season or two ago I would be labelling this as a clash between the most prolific attack against the most solid defence. That is still slightly the case but the Spurs defence has been prone to conceding a few more than usual this season and Liverpool have maintained their inconsistency from previous campaigns under Klopp.

2018 has been hit and miss for the Reds so far. Ending Manchester City's unbeaten run was a highlight but defeats to Swansea in the league and West Brom in the FA Cup has left fans frustrated once again. Tottenham have fixed their Wembley hoodoo this season with just one defeat at their temporary home but they have struggled to equal that form on the road winning only 6 of their 12 away matches this season.

I think this could be a game full of goals. Liverpool have banged in 15 goals in their last three league matches at home. Tottenham have also scored 9 in their last six matches away from Wembley. Klopp has an impressive record against Pochettino but their last meeting did result in the Spurs manager's first win against his counterpart in a devastating 4-1 result. Three of the last six matches have ended in a draw and I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen again here. Maybe it's the Sunday morning chill out vibes but I fancy a couple of riskier bets today for this game.

Over 3.5 Goals Scored @ 2.50 with Betfair

Anytime Scorer Mohamed Salah @ 2.30 with Ladbrokes

I tend to agree with this. Also there's a revenge factor on Liverpool's mind I think, last match at wembley between the two ended in 4:1 result for Spurs. I think Liverpool will want to score plenty.

Watford conceded at least 1 goal in 83% of their home matches in Premier League.
Watford conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 6 home matches in Premier League.
Chelsea have scored in 83% of their away matches in Premier League.
Chelsea have been undefeated in their last 4 away matches in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Watford's last 4 home games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 47 Football Betting Streaks for 05.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-05-02-2018-7475