** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

January 29 - February 4

S.Peng/A.Bogdan - Under 21.5 games at 1.91 with Paddy Power

A purely situational play. Peng was really poor in the Australian Open due to an injury and it's hard to say whether she's already past it or not. If she isn't, Bogdan should be able to beat her in two easy sets. If she is, on the other hand, the match could also be done and dusted easily from the other side. Put simply, the chances of this being a quick match look much better than the chances of this being a long one, so I'll take my chances. Normal stakes though, as I don't have any specific info about Peng.

Nao Hibino to beat Sabine Lisicki at 1.73 with Paddy Power

I might submit a play for Petersburg tomorrow, but I do want to submit this one for Taipei no matter what. It's hard to say how Lisicki won today, 12 double faults, 50 unforced errors according to the official stats. She also had to come back from *1-5 *15-40 in the decider I believe, just looked rusty throughout, not match fit yet. Hibino, on the other hand, played a decent match against Stosur, and should have a decent edge in this one. Yes, Lisicki is the better player and the miracle win could allow her to play without restraint, but the 1.73 on Hibino looks good to me nonetheless.

A hilarious match, Lisicki's insane luck continues.

Roberta Vinci (+1.5 sets) to beat Julia Goerges at 1.90 with Betsson

Julia Goerges is on fire so far in 2018, but so is Vinci in St. Petersburg, as she's already won four matches in the tournament, losing just one set in the process. Goerges will naturally be a step up from what she's faced so far, but the match-up has always been in favor of the Italian, who's able to utilize all kinds of slices and defensive shots to force Goerges into unforced errors - and she can hit plenty of them once things start to go wrong. Unlike Goerges, who's expected to do well, Vinci can play with freedom, enjoying what's one of her last tournaments - and I'm more than happy to chance that she's going to win a set at this price.

2 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

A hilarious match, Lisicki's insane luck continues.

Roberta Vinci (+1.5 sets) to beat Julia Goerges at 1.90 with Betsson

Julia Goerges is on fire so far in 2018, but so is Vinci in St. Petersburg, as she's already won four matches in the tournament, losing just one set in the process. Goerges will naturally be a step up from what she's faced so far, but the match-up has always been in favor of the Italian, who's able to utilize all kinds of slices and defensive shots to force Goerges into unforced errors - and she can hit plenty of them once things start to go wrong. Unlike Goerges, who's expected to do well, Vinci can play with freedom, enjoying what's one of her last tournaments - and I'm more than happy to chance that she's going to win a set at this price.

I think Vinci has more chances of taking down Julia Goerges, but still we should expect to be a long match, as I am sure Goerges will not give up easily, even though her performance was quite poor these last two weeks. On the other hand, Roberta Vinci seems to actually keep up with the weather and perform quite well.

I'm not sure how much there will be to bet on match-wise, but I'm going to go for one Davis Cup interest bet.

Kazakstan (vs.Switzerland) + Spain (vs. GB) + USA (vs. Serbia) at 1.95 with Unibet

Massive differences in line-ups in all match-ups. Kazakhstan isn't an easy place to travel to and Switzerland doesn't have one in-form player anywhere. GB is all about Edmund, but the surface is clay, so there you go. Serbia has just out-of-form Lajovic.

Yulia Putintseva to beat Kateryna Kozlova at 2.10 with bet365

I see no reason to have Yulia as underdog in this one. Kateryna isn't a better player in any way and Yulia has some points to defend from last season this week because she reached the 2017 St. Petersburg final. I think Yulia is gonna win this one but maybe after some difficulties in 2 tight sets or 3.

Caroline Wozniacki/Daria Kasatkina under 20.5 games at 1.90 with bet365

Caro is still flying from her triumph in Melbourne so I don't give Daria any chances at all here. Beware of the world no.1 right now, she's tough as hell.

Petra Kvitova/Jelena Ostapenko over 2.5 sets at 2.37 with bet365

Giving this 64/36 to go over 2 sets and with calculations like that I think 2.37 is quite a good price.

Andreas Seppi to beat Yuichi Sugita at 1.83 with bet365

I think I'll have to give Andreas the edge here. He's a more solid player in a best of 5 match and he leads the head to head 1-0 after beating the japanese 6-3 6-0 in Halle 2016. The surface is hard greenset indoors, very fast surface that suits both players reasonably well but Andreas is the in-form player here to so I think he wins this crucial rubber for Italy. Crucial because If Fabio Fog beats Taro Daniel it's 2-0 Italy and Japan will most likely be unable to recover from that.

Edited by four-leaf

2 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Well, I suppose Norrie is now a prime candidate for the French Open title :loon. He hasn't played on clay since 2013 and now this :beer. Wozniacki playing a strange match, maybe she's finally decided to have a rest after the triumph?

Norrie was 0-2 and break down in the third set and somehow menaged to turn things around. Absolutely ridiculous :lol

Status update on the treble: Kazakhstan 3-0, USA 3-0, Spain should've been 3-0, but Norrie turned into Nadal overnight. It's 2-1, however, and the Spaniards will be big favourites in both singles, so things aren't too bad. Unless the Nadal-Norrie hybrid gets two matches tomorrow somehow, the week should be 2-2 in terms of bets.

Petra Kvitova to beat Kristina Mladenovic at 1.40 with Ladbrokes

After winning so many matches against tougher opponents, I don't think Kvitova is letting this one go. She usually performs well in finals and she's played some tremendous matches here, while Mladenovic has only played one really good match against Siniakova. Kvitova has more power in all shots and she is going to win unless she goes completely mental. 1.28+ looks good to me.