** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Jan 30th & 31st

eplratings.jpg

There are no Premier League games next weekend due to the FA Cup 4th Round. However, fear not, because there is a set of fixtures scheduled for the following Tuesday and Wednesday so we don't have to wait long! Tottenham versus Manchester United sticks out as the pick of the ties here. Will Alexis Sanchez be registered in time for that game and will he play a part? Hit us with some early chat and predictions! :ok

West Ham Utd V Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace +0.25 AH @ 1.83 Betvictor

Haven't run the numbers for this one yet but don't have time as markets will move quick now this has made the news:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/11219325/west-ham-trio-andy-carroll-manuel-lanzini-and-marko-arnautovic-set-for-spells-on-sidelines

Palace were on my shortlist for this gameweek anyway, I'm getting my money in early before value evaporates. Haven't done full analysis yet but ELO ratings suggest level match + Palace get to rest on FA Cup 4th round weekend where as West Ham face quick turnover of matches.

4 hours ago, Mindfulness said:

Haven't run the numbers for this one yet but don't have time as markets will move quick now this has made the news:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/11219325/west-ham-trio-andy-carroll-manuel-lanzini-and-marko-arnautovic-set-for-spells-on-sidelines

Palace were on my shortlist for this gameweek anyway, I'm getting my money in early before value evaporates. Haven't done full analysis yet but ELO ratings suggest level match + Palace get to rest on FA Cup 4th round weekend where as West Ham face quick turnover of matches.

Yeah, that's a key factor here about the FA Cup. West Ham have a very tough away tie against a rampant Wigan side. They will know they have been in a game after that match. Hodgson will also ensure he gets a reaction from his team after that awful performance against Arsenal last week. I honestly couldn't believe some of the defending from them in that first half. I'm not 100% convinced on a Palace win but I expect a more solid display and Palace will certainly be worth backing to take at least a draw. :ok

Chelsea V AFC Bournemouth

AFC Bournemouth +2.0 AH @ 1.7 Unibet

Markets are a bit generous with the Bournemouth price in my view. This will be Chelsea's 9th competitive game in the month of January. Antonio Conte's side will have averaged a game every 3.4 days which is pretty crazy when you think about it. Chelsea are a good side but their main strength is defence. Offensively speaking they are relative laggards compared to their big 6 piers and they do not strike fear into the hearts of opposition defences like Liverpool or City do.

So without doing any in-depth analysis I thought Bournemouth being available on +2 AH line was a bit strange here. After looking at the metrics in detail I would estimate that Bournemouth +1 AH line for this match should be around 2.4. At the time of writing this we're getting 3.4 in a couple of places which seems big.

Obviously this game is a long way out so the risk is a lot can happen between now and this fixture. Maybe Chelsea will make some attacking aquisitions in the window between now and then but even so Bournemouth price is just too big to ignore given the present circumstances imo.

Swansea vs Arsenal under 2.5 @ 2.18 Unibet. Expecting similar game as against Liverpool, Swansea is defensively solid if they decide to park the bus, which they do against top clubs. 

Everton vs Leicester  1x @1.45 Betsafe. I think the market has overreacted to Leicesters recent draw with Chelsea. Although I'm a fan and Leicester are better on the paper, they are notoriously unreliable and should not be favorites away to Everton.

I agree, West Ham took a heavy loss losing two of their best offensive players. There is some value in laying the Hammers.

On 23.1.2018 at 1:59 PM, Mindfulness said:

Huddersfield vs Liverpool

This is an interesting tie. I said before the Swansea game that it is against the so-called weaker sides that Klopp's management style struggles. That sentiment was once again evident in their FA Cup defeat to West Brom on the weekend. So it begs the question, how will their fare against Huddersfield away?

Well, this is also a game of the master vs the apprentice. Wagner having worked under Klopp's stewardship at Borussia Dortmund. The last time these two sides met was back in October at Anfield and Liverpool cruised to a 3-0 victory. To be honest, I can see the Reds bouncing back from their recent woes and getting the win here too.

In fairness to Huddersfield, they have only lost 4 of their 12 home matches this season. However, they are on a torrid run of results. They have lost their last three league games and are without a league win in six games. A lack of goals has seen them only score 3 goals in those six matches. The congested festive period clearly hit them hard. The demoralising 1-1 draw at home to a struggling Birmingham will have done their spirits no good either.

I don't necessarily think Liverpool will run riot again but if they don't get the win then I will be very surprised. I can see a few goals in this game and I'm not entirely convinced the Terriers will contribute many to that total.

Liverpool HT/FT @ 2.05 with Ladbrokes

Total Goals Over 2.5 @ 1.75 with Boylesports

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @andrewcalo, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @jamiedavies02, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, and @AndreBR, what bets are you guys looking at for these games over the next couple of days?

oh yes, this is going to be an interesting game, considering Liverpool has won for the lost five meetings with Huddersfield, and had only one draw. But when looking at the big picture, one can easily notice that Huddersfield has led with 31 wins, while Liverpool with only 28 wins and 17 draws. Nevertheless, their last meeting was a beautiful victory of 3:0  for Liverpool. Lets see if tomorrow Liverpool will be able to recover from the defeat against Swansea and take the win against Huddersfield.

2 hours ago, teddybear3011 said:

oh yes, this is going to be an interesting game, considering Liverpool has won for the lost five meetings with Huddersfield, and had only one draw. But when looking at the big picture, one can easily notice that Huddersfield has led with 31 wins, while Liverpool with only 28 wins and 17 draws. Nevertheless, their last meeting was a beautiful victory of 3:0  for Liverpool. Lets see if tomorrow Liverpool will be able to recover from the defeat against Swansea and take the win against Huddersfield.

Yeah, be wary of those stats as well. Both sides had their periods of dominance in English football when they swept aside most clubs in their way. I think Klopp will get inside the head of Wagner more than the other way around. Might not be as solid as the 3-0 earlier this season but Liverpool should take a convincing win. I was tempted to back Salah or Firmino as anytime scorers too.

West Ham v Crystal Palace

West Ham: Andre Ayew (18/3 f), Michail Antonio (15/1 m), Winston Reid (16/0 d)(all doubtful), Arthur Masuaku (19/0 d, suspended), Pedro Obiang (20/2 m), Manuel Lanzini (18/3 m), Marko Arnautovic (19/6 f, top scorer), Andy Carroll (12/2 f), Jose Fonte (8/0 d), Edimilson Fernandes (7/0 m)

Crystal Palace: Ruben Loftus-Cheek (16/1 m), Jeffrey Schlupp (19/0 d), Scott Dann (17/1 d), Jason Puncheon (10/0 m), Connor Wickham (0/0 f)

Huddersfield v Liverpool FC

Huddersfield: Daniel Williams (17/0 m), Martin Cranie (3/0 d)(both doubtful), Elias Kachunga (17/1 f), Jon Stankovič (0/0 d)

Liverpool FC: Nathaniel Clyne (0/0 d), Ragnar Klavan (15/1 d), Adam Lallana (6/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Liverpool overall has 16 out of 24 over 2.5 and ten at 12 over 2.5 away from Annapolis. Home team Hanksfiddad is out of form, easily accepts goals and will allow Liverpool to return to wins with many goals
HUDDERSFIELD TOWN vs LIVERPOOL FC @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.82

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

West Ham Utd have scored in each of their last 7 matches in Premier League.
Crystal Palace have scored 36% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Huddersfield have failed to win in their last 6 matches in Premier League.
67% of Liverpool's matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Premier League.
Arsenal have won their last 3 games against Swansea in all competitions.

You can find interesting 55 Football Betting Streaks for 30.01.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-30-01-2018-7343

Cant see past an Arse/Pool double tonight. Huddersfield are perfect opponents for the Reds to put their bad week behind them. Fancy Pool to get back to their free scoring best here, something like 1-5. Strongly fancy Arsenal to do something similar. The Sanchez saga can work in the Gunners favour here and they wont be as wasteful as Pool were. Swans are going down this year, theyre just not good enough and expect them to be comprehensively outplayed here on a ground where the Arse usually go well. Prediction 0-3.

Double straight at evs, minus 1 cap @3/1  will look at minus 2 also

@StevieDay1983, @betcatalog

Think I am with you on overs for the HUD V LIV game tonight.

Have gone for O2.5 & BTS in this match and also the SWA V ARS game. 

Have also gone for an early goal (before 28m) in the HUD V LIV match

Fancy Palace to win too, but can't back them as they always let me down.

Edited by Tiffy

STAINS V SEAGULLS

With neither team having a league win so far this year, the pressure is on both to get 3 points from this match.

Brighton have had a good transfer window, and should start picking up some points over the next few weeks. Our record signing Locadia, is injured, but will start full training next week. Everyone is over the moon with the return of Leo Ulloa though. A fans favourite who could well play on Weds, and he could be the missing link in this game. We have been playing ok, and creating chances, but just lacked the finish. i can't see us getting beat here, and feel confident that we can get back on track at St Mary's. 

Ulloa said it feels like coming home. Going to back him to score on his debut, with perhaps Brighton +1. He will play for the badge, he loves it here!

we just need to change his song, as the last line was "and we won't mention Murray anymore" (after Glen had left for Palace). 

""""Who'se that man from Argentina

who'se that man we all adore

leonardo is his mane, and he scores a goal a game

And we won't mention Murray anymore"""

Newcastle vs Burnley

One game that has taken my interest this week is this one that will see Rafa Benitez and Sean Dyche go head-to-head. In my opinion, two of the more competent managers in the top flight but both sides are currently managing sides that are not in the best of form and in need of serious investment to freshen things up. The Magpies are 15th in the table and just 1 point above the relegation zone. The Clarets are in 8th place but have suffered three losses on the bounce in the league.

The signing of Chelsea creative midfielder Kenedy is a very intriguing one. He has looked like a classy player but how will he fair from the very start in a Newcastle top? Burnley are still riddled with injuries and absentees. It is possible that James Tarkowski, Steven Defour, Chris Wood, and Stephen Ward could all be missing. However, Aaron Lennon could make his debut.

It'll be a very compelling game because both sides have their flaws but they have managers that will do their best to lessen the impact of these issues. I feel that this could be a game that Newcastle sneak the win. Burnley might scrape a draw but it seems a tall order for the away side to take all three points. That said, both sides cancelling each other out for a 0-0 or 1-1 draw is tempting to back. Unfortunately, there is little value floating around here so we just have to beg, steal, and borrow.

Under 2.5 Goals Scored @ 1.53 with Betfair

Burnley +1 @ 1.75 with Betway

Going today for a Both2Score on the Swansea Game. Didn´t think after FA-Cup Game that Swansea can park the Bus here for whole 90 Minutes. Also we are now in a Phase of Season where you in MUST WIN Situations. Thats the Situation for Both Teams today if they want to finish without Relegation and a CL Qualiy Place.

Also Swansea under Carvalhal i think they played better in Offensive and Arsenal with 18 Goals against them in Away Games of the Season are too Much for a Top-Team. 

But Arsenal will score here for sure. In all 6 Away Games against Swansea they have to score a goal. Only against Birmingham and WestBrom they had a better record.

Both2Score - Yes @ 1.90 4/10 bet365

Also i´m on Plalace DNB today. Showing much better under Hodgson and also they have more free Days because not playing in FA Cup. So on other Side we have WestHam with long list of not available Players for today and most of them are missed the FA Cup game also. So they player who played maybe today - if they Start maybe little bit tiered in late Period of the Game.

For me the List for WestHam´s missing Players specially in Offensive is too Long at the Moment. Place have today the chance for wining this Game.

Palace DNB @  1.75 4/10 Tipico

Arsenal has just 1 WIN of their last 7 away games in all competitions, so I would think twice before betting on them. Also @ 1.51, they offer hardly any value.

6 hours ago, kilkenny1 said:

Cant see past an Arse/Pool double tonight. Huddersfield are perfect opponents for the Reds to put their bad week behind them. Fancy Pool to get back to their free scoring best here, something like 1-5. Strongly fancy Arsenal to do something similar. The Sanchez saga can work in the Gunners favour here and they wont be as wasteful as Pool were. Swans are going down this year, theyre just not good enough and expect them to be comprehensively outplayed here on a ground where the Arse usually go well. Prediction 0-3.

Double straight at evs, minus 1 cap @3/1  will look at minus 2 also

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Everton have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 8 home games against Leicester in all competitions.
Man City have won their last 13 games against West Brom in all competitions.
Chelsea have won their last 5 games against Bournemouth in all competitions.
Man Utd have kept a clean sheet in their last 4 games in Premier League.
Southampton have failed to win their last 11 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 68 Football Betting Streaks for 31.01.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-31-01-2018-7345

Tottenham vs Manchester United

The main game in tonight's Premier League matches is a key one for the Champions League qualification. Tottenham have stuttered slightly lately with only one win in their last three league games. The draw away to Newport County in the FA Cup 4th Round was also a huge disappointment. United eased past Yeovil in the FA Cup and have won their last three league games. However, this will be a true test of their form.

For the past few years, Tottenham have struggled against United with just 2 wins in their last 7 meetings. When they met earlier this season at Old Trafford, it was the Red Devils that prevailed with a narrow 1-0 win. Tottenham have only suffered defeat at Wembley once in the league this season so Pochettino can take huge credit in making their temporary home a bit of a fortress.

My gut instinct here suggests this could be a low-scoring game. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends goal-less. Both sides are defensively sound. Spurs have conceded just 9 goals in 12 home games in the league and United have conceded 16 goals in 24 games in the league all season. I'm backing a lack of goals and I wouldn't be shocked if this ends in a draw.

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.91 with Ladbrokes

Draw @ 3.40 with Betfair

23 hours ago, Neubs said:

Going today for a Both2Score on the Swansea Game. Didn´t think after FA-Cup Game that Swansea can park the Bus here for whole 90 Minutes. Also we are now in a Phase of Season where you in MUST WIN Situations. Thats the Situation for Both Teams today if they want to finish without Relegation and a CL Qualiy Place.

Also Swansea under Carvalhal i think they played better in Offensive and Arsenal with 18 Goals against them in Away Games of the Season are too Much for a Top-Team. 

But Arsenal will score here for sure. In all 6 Away Games against Swansea they have to score a goal. Only against Birmingham and WestBrom they had a better record.

Both2Score - Yes @ 1.90 4/10 >bet365

Also i´m on Plalace DNB today. Showing much better under Hodgson and also they have more free Days because not playing in FA Cup. So on other Side we have WestHam with long list of not available Players for today and most of them are missed the FA Cup game also. So they player who played maybe today - if they Start maybe little bit tiered in late Period of the Game.

For me the List for WestHam´s missing Players specially in Offensive is too Long at the Moment. Place have today the chance for wining this Game.

Palace DNB @  1.75 4/10 Tipico

1 Won and 1 Void. So good Day....