** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

• 2 weeks later...

Hello sirs, congratulations on the statistics. I took your spreadsheet and made a filter on the statistics and found something really good.

Selection Pattern:
Odd of 8/1 or greater, type of bet: Winner or E / W

Data: 08/01/2016 to 03/31/2018

Total stakes: 4646
Bets you win: 1383
Hit rate: 29.76%
Profit on a $ 20 stake: $ 29,132.54

It is only necessary to give a filtered month to month to know the lowest and highest points and thus make a decision on how many points it is necessary to have the bank to work in a "safe" and with a healthy mind.

But I think it's the most cost-effective way to use the site's tips.
Which, incidentally, are of great excellence.

If someone did this job, please share it to see good management.

Starting to get very concerned now. Every day seems to be a heavy loss day with pl tips. 

I'm losing a lot of money. I have a bank setup to withstand losing runs based on a lowest drawdown of 65 points in the history of the tips advised by bubbles. I never expected to hit that lowest eb in a matter of weeks since following the tips. They just seem to constantly be losing or finishing 2nd. I keep saying to myself everyday that it will be the day it will turn and it never does. There have been an odd few profit days but they have been swamped by losing days. 60 points down in a few weeks? Its shocking. Can anyone give me any kind of incentive to carry on?

Good evening. I understand your concern that it is mine too.
I do not know if I'm unhurried, but I think the filter I did on the tips gave a really good result. In the spreadsheet I used 1 point as base and that one point represents 1% of the bank. Well, I started the filtration system today, but by holding because of the high number of tips per day I will use 0.5% of the bank and see how it works.
I made the month-by-month filter of the filter system that I did and follows the result:

Aug / 16: -1,94 points
set / 16: -20,37 points
out / 16: + 83.15 points
Nov / 16: + 33.59 points
Dec / 16: +37.10 points
Jan / 17: + 13.55 points
Feb / 17: + 28.76 points
Tue / 17: + 39.72 points
Apr / 17: + 78.63 points
May 17: + 53.64 points
Jun / 17: + 102,40 points
jul / 17: + 116, 02 points
Aug / 17: + 33.43 points
set / 17: + 25.67 points
out / 17: + 99.72 points
Nov / 17: + 21.45 points
Dec / 17: + 8.51 points
Jan / 18: + 33.22 points
Feb / 18: + 6.32 points
Mar / 18: - 18,90 points

Dude, it's too good to be true (rs). As you can see, of the 20 analyzed months only 3 became negative, thus showing a consistency. And the lows were swiftly swallowed by the high peaks.
I hope this filter looks as good in 2018 as it did in the past few months.
I would like to congratulate those who send these tips and if not ask too much would like to know your method of selection so I can study and not stay dependent, if not ask too much of course.
So much for my contribution. When I have a more successful time I will see the points for days and bring such information here.

The filter is: Runs with odd 8/1 or higher, being for the winner or E / W markets.

PS: Sorry for my English pessimism.

3 minutes ago, artursfas said:

Good evening. I understand your concern that it is mine too.
I do not know if I'm unhurried, but I think the filter I did on the tips gave a really good result. In the spreadsheet I used 1 point as base and that one point represents 1% of the bank. Well, I started the filtration system today, but by holding because of the high number of tips per day I will use 0.5% of the bank and see how it works.
I made the month-by-month filter of the filter system that I did and follows the result:

Aug / 16: -1,94 points
set / 16: -20,37 points
out / 16: + 83.15 points
Nov / 16: + 33.59 points
Dec / 16: +37.10 points
Jan / 17: + 13.55 points
Feb / 17: + 28.76 points
Tue / 17: + 39.72 points
Apr / 17: + 78.63 points
May 17: + 53.64 points
Jun / 17: + 102,40 points
jul / 17: + 116, 02 points
Aug / 17: + 33.43 points
set / 17: + 25.67 points
out / 17: + 99.72 points
Nov / 17: + 21.45 points
Dec / 17: + 8.51 points
Jan / 18: + 33.22 points
Feb / 18: + 6.32 points
Mar / 18: - 18,90 points

Dude, it's too good to be true (rs). As you can see, of the 20 analyzed months only 3 became negative, thus showing a consistency. And the lows were swiftly swallowed by the high peaks.
I hope this filter looks as good in 2018 as it did in the past few months.
I would like to congratulate those who send these tips and if not ask too much would like to know your method of selection so I can study and not stay dependent, if not ask too much of course.
So much for my contribution. When I have a more successful time I will see the points for days and bring such information here.

The filter is: Runs with odd 8/1 or higher, being for the winner or E / W markets.

PS: Sorry for my English pessimism.

That's some good research there. I am going to persist with the tips for a bit longer and just put it down to horrific bad luck. I am still only a third through my bank after this dreadful run so hopefully it can only improve. 

My theory in how the PL tips make profit is as follows.... Selections are made considering form and conditions the day before the race. Tips and Prices are posted on site that are the best available and often the first available prices with bookies who offer best odds guaranteed.

Now here's how it makes money in theory. Let's say 30% of these tips are steamers (price drops by the time of starting price). These tips are now the tips that have value and are the ones that make the money long term. The rest of the tips either stay as they are in price or drift out. Now normally the drifters would even out the playing field as you would lose value on these tips. However, with the use of best odds guaranteed you are getting a fair price on these tips and a price that represents fair value for that horse. Generally speaking you will still lose in the long run with the 'drifter bets', this is because the bookies always give you a slightly lower price than true value and that's how they make money. However for the pl tips the edge gained in the steamers does outweigh the bookies edge lost in drifters. 

For example of a steamer yesterday I took a quoted price of 9/2 on Calder Prince. He went off 2/1. That's significant value. Whereas there are other horses where you take 3/1 and they may start 11/2. The beauty of bog is that you still get a fair price to chance and you won't lose too much in the long run. 

In the defence of PL tips there have been some great shouts recently that just havnt performed. A few that come to mind are juggler tipped at 5/1 and went off 2/1 and ran poorly, this sort of thing has happened far too regularly recently. Horses tipped at good prices and just not performing, it's extremely frustrating. I think today there must have been about 7 or 8 horses who finished 2nd and many by a head. It really is unfathomable bad luck. 

17 hours ago, evertorial said:

Starting to get very concerned now. Every day seems to be a heavy loss day with pl tips. 

I'm losing a lot of money. I have a bank setup to withstand losing runs based on a lowest drawdown of 65 points in the history of the tips advised by bubbles. I never expected to hit that lowest eb in a matter of weeks since following the tips. They just seem to constantly be losing or finishing 2nd. I keep saying to myself everyday that it will be the day it will turn and it never does. There have been an odd few profit days but they have been swamped by losing days. 60 points down in a few weeks? Its shocking. Can anyone give me any kind of incentive to carry on?

Hi @evertorial I see your concerns regarding the losing runs, but how have you set up your bank and staking as this is the only way I can see you losing money, are you staking at 1% or less of your bank, also are you re-setting your stake monthly according to your new balance at the end of the previous month, or are you staking day by day or race by race, on a system like this where the LLR can be in high range based on the return strike rate of 23% it will be around 30 I know we have had drawdowns of around 60+ points in a month but if staking correctly we have not had a losing month in 2018 April has not had the best of starts but the first 3 months all ended in profit so I can not see how you are losing at this point (unless it is bad bank management or staking problems) 

Bets    W      L        S/R         P&L        ROI

Jan    345    83    262    24.06%    52.23     15.14%
Feb    312    75    237    24.04%    55.58     17.81%
Mar    354    67    287    18.93%    11.75     3.32%

this is how your bank should look staking at 1 point per bet win or 0.50 point E/W, even with April not starting well your bank should be not be in deficiet even if you did not start on Jan 1st their should still be profit in your accounts.

12 minutes ago, Bubbles180 said:

Hi @evertorial I see your concerns regarding the losing runs, but how have you set up your bank and staking as this is the only way I can see you losing money, are you staking at 1% or less of your bank, also are you re-setting your stake monthly according to your new balance at the end of the previous month, or are you staking day by day or race by race, on a system like this where the LLR can be in high range based on the return strike rate of 23% it will be around 30 I know we have had drawdowns of around 60+ points in a month but if staking correctly we have not had a losing month in 2018 April has not had the best of starts but the first 3 months all ended in profit so I can not see how you are losing at this point (unless it is bad bank management or staking problems) 

Bets    W      L        S/R         P&L        ROI

Jan    345    83    262    24.06%    52.23     15.14%
Feb    312    75    237    24.04%    55.58     17.81%
Mar    354    67    287    18.93%    11.75     3.32%

this is how your bank should look staking at 1 point per bet win or 0.50 point E/W, even with April not starting well your bank should be not be in deficiet even if you did not start on Jan 1st their should still be profit in your accounts.

It's in a massive loss because I started recording around the end of March and since then I think the tips have made a loss of around 70 points. So I started then and lost consistently. Im firmly expecting another 10-20 points lost today on the bets I have on today with the way things have gone. 

@MCLARKE they odds posted are from the original spreadsheet or the prices quoted at time of posting on the site, but the returns are normally returned at the BOG which is either the posted odds or SP which either is bigger, so you really have to look at the returns to find the true price the selection returned at as the odds are not always updated to BOG.

15 minutes ago, evertorial said:

It's in a massive loss because I started recording around the end of March and since then I think the tips have made a loss of around 70 points. So I started then and lost consistently. Im firmly expecting another 10-20 points lost today on the bets I have on today with the way things have gone. 

understand better now @evertorial my apologies for being indifferent about your post, my only comments of help is to have faith as it will turn around and you will see a profit in the long term, but to help the current situation may I suggest reducing your Staking Percentage to allow your bank to be safer and when the invetable upturn comes you can then look at incresing your stakes back up to recover, although I personnally never agree that recovering staking works, the only advise from me would be to reduce staking and when we have that good run your bank will come back then reassess and look to see if you increase your stake in line with your bank, lets hope for a better month fro now and a great summer to turn this all around.

It is usually the way when someone joins a productive system or tpster that thay join when the bad time comes around and they lose faith and confidence, please dont it will change it will get better and you WILL WIN just be confident and manage your betting in line with the conditions until the good times roll again.

KEEP THE FAITH 

32 minutes ago, Bubbles180 said:

understand better now @evertorial my apologies for being indifferent about your post, my only comments of help is to have faith as it will turn around and you will see a profit in the long term, but to help the current situation may I suggest reducing your Staking Percentage to allow your bank to be safer and when the invetable upturn comes you can then look at incresing your stakes back up to recover, although I personnally never agree that recovering staking works, the only advise from me would be to reduce staking and when we have that good run your bank will come back then reassess and look to see if you increase your stake in line with your bank, lets hope for a better month fro now and a great summer to turn this all around.

It is usually the way when someone joins a productive system or tpster that thay join when the bad time comes around and they lose faith and confidence, please dont it will change it will get better and you WILL WIN just be confident and manage your betting in line with the conditions until the good times roll again.

KEEP THE FAITH 

Lowering stakes is never a good idea. That just means it will take twice as long to get back to square one even if the luck miracously changes. I have a bank to deal with it. However I think you need to maybe review your stats. You said the biggest drawdown was around 65 points. Well that has now been beaten convincingly. It must be around 80 points down currently which is staggering. And so far today the trend is continuing. Already 4 or 5 points down again. With horses not even looking like winning. I don't want to give up but at the same time it's going to take a mammoth amount of wins to even get back to even and at the moment even getting one win looks far fetched. 

Edited by evertorial

59 minutes ago, Bubbles180 said:

@MCLARKE they odds posted are from the original spreadsheet or the prices quoted at time of posting on the site, but the returns are normally returned at the BOG which is either the posted odds or SP which either is bigger, so you really have to look at the returns to find the true price the selection returned at as the odds are not always updated to BOG.

Hello @Bubbles180 i want to clear your idea a little bit , just like today we have Hawaam 2/1 like PL tips but before the race begin Hawaam just back 7/1 so we need to bet for it right ?

Good morning, I'm doing a day-to-day study of each month to see the negative peaks and positive spikes to chart a conservative and aggressive emotional management.
I will soon post the result. There are many days to check and it takes a while.
Recalling that this study is based on the filter I did:
Bets with odd 8/1 or higher, in the winner or E / W markets.
I embrace you all and hope that my study is valid for someone.

Thanks Bubbles,

To clarify also the rules regarding whether to bet each way or to win, I believe if the odds are below 8/1 then the selection is backed to win, if 8/1 or above then the selection is backed each way.

However there are examples where the odds are above 8/1 but the P&L is calculated as a win, e.g. 24/7/17 FAST AND HOT odds 11/1, P&L £200, AL MAYDA odds 13/1, P&L £240.

Also there are examples where the odds are below 8/1 and the spread-sheet shows the bet as EW, e.g. 29/3/18 CAPTAIN DRAKE odds 2/1.

Mick.

2 hours ago, minhtri32132 said:

Hello @Bubbles180 i want to clear your idea a little bit , just like today we have Hawaam 2/1 like PL tips but before the race begin Hawaam just back 7/1 so we need to bet for it right ?

The answer to that is simple NO you only back selections from the PL list that are Price quoted at4/1 or above, if the selection is quoted at 2/1 and then drifts to 4/1 or above this is NOT A SELECTION, alternatively if a selection is quoted at 4/1 but when you go to bet it is lower say 3/1 it is in my opinion still a selection and I still back these no matter the price the system is solely based on the quoted prices on the PL Selections List, you can alter these selections as you wish if you want to change the parameters that is anyones perogative

1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

Thanks Bubbles,

To clarify also the rules regarding whether to bet each way or to win, I believe if the odds are below 8/1 then the selection is backed to win, if 8/1 or above then the selection is backed each way.

However there are examples where the odds are above 8/1 but the P&L is calculated as a win, e.g. 24/7/17 FAST AND HOT odds 11/1, P&L £200, AL MAYDA odds 13/1, P&L £240.

Also there are examples where the odds are below 8/1 and the spread-sheet shows the bet as EW, e.g. 29/3/18 CAPTAIN DRAKE odds 2/1.

Mick.

Hi Mick Yes the advise from the PL boys is Any selection8/1 or above is EW all others to win, but I follow the advised as published if they advise an EW bet then I do 0.50 pt EW if they do not then i Place a 1 pt win bet, 

16 minutes ago, Bubbles180 said:

The answer to that is simple NO you only back selections from the PL list that are Price quoted at4/1 or above, if the selection is quoted at 2/1 and then drifts to 4/1 or above this is NOT A SELECTION, alternatively if a selection is quoted at 4/1 but when you go to bet it is lower say 3/1 it is in my opinion still a selection and I still back these no matter the price the system is solely based on the quoted prices on the PL Selections List, you can alter these selections as you wish if you want to change the parameters that is anyones perogative

So as you said if the selection is quote at 2/1 and then drifts to 4/1 or above this is NOT A SELECTION , 

for example if that selection won ,it will not list in the spreadsheets in last month , is that right ?

P/S: sorry for my bad english :$

Edited by minhtri32132

12 minutes ago, minhtri32132 said:

So as you said if the selection is quote at 2/1 and then drifts to 4/1 or above this is NOT A SELECTION , 

for example if that selection won ,it will not list in the spreadsheets in last month , is that right ?

P/S: sorry for my bad english :$

on the 4/1+ odds only no it would not be on the spreadsheets as it was not an original selection but it will still be on the PL spreadsheet that is on the home page

2 hours ago, Bubbles180 said:

on the 4/1+ odds only no it would not be on the spreadsheets as it was not an original selection but it will still be on the PL spreadsheet that is on the home page

Further to this bubbles.

Do all of your 4+ results follow the same rule as this since the pl tips started? I would guess not as only in the last months since you recorded it has been this way. Is that correct? It's quite important to know as I'm not sure whether to follow 2/1 above as well because many of these can drift 

But how do you know which tips were tips quoted as 4/1 And over and which ones may have startrd under 4 and drifted.

The PL results page for pl tips only includes whatever was highest out of original tip price or the price with best odds guaranteed. It doesn't show both of them. There is no way of knowing the original quoted price for many of the tips on the spreadsheet that got best odds guaranteed 

Edited by evertorial

Well your acrually wrong their if you go through and check the spreadsheet the prices advised are on the sheet and the return column will show the higher return if the selection drifted but leaves the original SP in the price column, trust me my stats are 100% correct and i check them all the time.

So as you seem to be a disbeliever of not just my stats and you seem to not want my help i will finish my conversation with you here, im just a punter and member like you and was trying to help new people to this site and betting in general with 30+ years of experience, but now im feed up with the bullshit, so I shall just sit here in my villa in the sun in Tenerife watching you muppets fail while us experienced punters make money

I'm sitting in a villa that I own as we speak in the Algarve thanks to money I've earned from gambling. Waking up to a lovely warm day and about to play a round of 18 holes at my local golf course before watching the Exeter and Carlisle racing fixtures on my skybet app

On 4/8/2018 at 10:08 AM, evertorial said:

I'm sitting in a villa that I own as we speak in the Algarve thanks to money I've earned from gambling. Waking up to a lovely warm day and about to play a round of 18 holes at my local golf course before watching the Exeter and Carlisle racing fixtures on my skybet app

I'm sitting in my mansion with a racetrack running around it and a substantial amount of eastern european poledancers on demand, life is sooooooo good.... :unsure 

On 4/8/2018 at 12:22 AM, Bubbles180 said:

Well your acrually wrong their if you go through and check the spreadsheet the prices advised are on the sheet and the return column will show the higher return if the selection drifted but leaves the original SP in the price column, trust me my stats are 100% correct and i check them all the time.

So as you seem to be a disbeliever of not just my stats and you seem to not want my help i will finish my conversation with you here, im just a punter and member like you and was trying to help new people to this site and betting in general with 30+ years of experience, but now im feed up with the bullshit, so I shall just sit here in my villa in the sun in Tenerife watching you muppets fail while us experienced punters make money

I wouldn't even bother replying to him. The facts are this:

PL is the ONLY site that publishes tips results like this. ATR doesn't, Oddschecker doesn't, RP doesn't, GG doesn't, no other big sites do - you have to ask yourself why? Because they're losing money is why and they don't want to highlight it. 

I've said it before, it's a bit like Coca Cola running an advert saying "A human tooth dissolves in 4 days in a glass of Coke" (true story btw) do they? No, they promote it being the "Real Thing" and a feel good drink.

PL likes to be up front and honest, it's the foundations we were built on. Despite producing these results, a minority troll or try to find fault with them.

It's like anything, the more info you reveal, the more a minority will always want to try and burst the bubble with negativity.

It won't happen here, trolls are not welcome and swiftly dealt with. That's why we're No.1. :ok 

This isn't a rant or self promotion, it's simple facts.

Anyway, I must get back to deciding which lapdancer I've going to get a private dance off in my mansion now. ;) 

12 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

I wouldn't even bother replying to him. The facts are this:

PL is the ONLY site that publishes tips results like this. ATR doesn't, Oddschecker doesn't, RP doesn't, GG doesn't, no other big sites do - you have to ask yourself why? Because they're losing money is why and they don't want to highlight it. 

I've said it before, it's a bit like Coca Cola running an advert saying "A human tooth dissolves in 4 days in a glass of Coke" (true story btw) do they? No, they promote it being the "Real Thing" and a feel good drink.

PL likes to be up front and honest, it's the foundations we were built on. Despite producing these results, a minority troll or try to find fault with them.

It's like anything, the more info you reveal, the more a minority will always want to try and burst the bubble with negativity.

It won't happen here, trolls are not welcome and swiftly dealt with. That's why we're No.1. :ok 

This isn't a rant or self promotion, it's simple facts.

Anyway, I must get back to deciding which lapdancer I've going to get a private dance off in my mansion now. ;) 

I always said they are good tips. Although the volume of missed rule 4s in the results concerns me. And also I have found some inaccuracies in the results too. You said on the 7th March that fortunes pearl won the race when in fact he didn't. 

Scrutiny comes with everything. I could sit here praising all day and get nowhere or scrutinise to help something improve. I and many others no doubt spend a lot of time putting on these tips so it's very important that results are accurate because if points are awarded in the results as mentioned above that didn't happen then it makes the follower think, am I actually following a true profitable service? Hopefully this was just a one off error. 

And with the rule 4s I just need to bare in mind that maybe the user can only realistically get about 50% of the results that the results page suggests. I can name 3 rule 4s missed off from a quick glance from March. Clyne, critical thinking and shower cross. I am still happy to use the tips with this in mind as profit should still be there, but just not nearly as much as the headline suggests.

It's not trying to burst the bubble, it's one of many who spend a long term trying to bet on these tips knowing the importance of the previous results to maintain belief that profit can be made 

Edited by evertorial