** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Tuesday Jan 16th

200 Hereford

Baron Du Plessis 4/1 PP

In terrible form so hopefully this one can run well. Had three starts over fences and appears to be getting the hang of it judged on his decent 3rd at Donny last time out. He had ran weel at Chepstow prior to that but bumped into one but definitely looks as though he can off this mark. Interesting that Mr Johnson opts to ride again so he must fancy it.

3.05 Hereford GASSIN GOLF @ 4/1

Richard Johnson also looks to hold solid claims on Kerry Lee’s 9yo.He gets back on board here for the first time since March 2015 when the pair combined to land a Newbury class 2 hurdle off a mark of 135.Johnson’s form figures on the Montjeu gelding read 22342231.

Looked to be coming back to form last time in a Sandown class 2 when 3rd,just over 6ls behind the 143 rated Call Me Lord(holds entry in Champion Hurdle Trial at Haydock)with the 137 rated Brillaire Momento 6ls behind in 4th.Been raised just 1lb for that run to 123 but very well treated on old form and drops down a grade here.

2.30 Hereford THEATRE STAGE @ 9/4

Solid reappearance last October at Exeter when 3rd behind the 110 rated Cave Top and then went into my tracker the following month when beaten just 3 1/2l at Ffos Las.Found the 2m trip on the sharp side,getting badly outpaced before staying on close home so should appreciate this step up to 2m5f.Could be any amount of improvement to come as this his only his 6th start and takes a drop in class here.

3.40 Hereford CKALCO DES LOGES @ 5/1

Hurdles winner off 123 and fair chase debut last October at Huntingdon when 3rd behind Officer Hoolihan and Agamemnon.Been eased 2lb for that run to mark of 118 and comes in here on back of a near three month break.Takes on mostly exposed types here and should go well for the Skeltons.

4.10 Hereford BREWIN’UPASTORM @ 6/4

This one comes with a big reputation and a big price tag.Won his sole Irish point for T Hyde by 8ls.The runner-up has since joined the Tom George stable and the 4th is now with Kim Bailey.The horses which finished 3rd,6th and 7th all won points on their next starts.Sure to need further in time but been well backed already and must go close in this.

2.50 Ayr whiskey Chaser 5/2

Ive backed this horse the last 2 runs. The first time of a mark of 109 in a class 4.(won) Then in class 2 off 114 and upped in distance. Now running of 114 again but dropped 2 grades and to its correct distance. It’s also up against a lowly bunch. My NAP of the day.

Hereford looks notoriously difficult! Good luck my fellow tippers. 

Ive backed this horse the last 2 runs. The first time of a mark of 109 in a class 4.(won) Then in class 2 off 114 and upped in distance. Now running of 114 again but dropped 2 grades and to its correct distance. It’s also up against a lowly bunch. My NAP of the day.

Edited by godofhorses
Spelling

4.35 Kempton Mercers 9/1 B365 1/4 odds

Got to get up early tomorrow! So my second horse is one that I’ve backed this each way. Runs off a good mark, ran reasonably well off a much higher mark last time at Krmpton and won last time out at Lingfield and has a decent 7lb claimer on board. Take a look and decide! I’m on! 

Edited by godofhorses

9 hours ago, godofhorses said:

Got to get up early tomorrow! So my second horse is one that I’ve backed this each way. Runs off a good mark, ran reasonably well off a much higher mark last time at Krmpton and won last time out at Lingfield and has a decent 7lb claimer on board. Take a look and decide! I’m on! 

Had been threatening to win, do we trust him to repeat it?

Good luck mate:ok

9 hours ago, godofhorses said:

Ayr is off! Shame I thought this one looked good! 

12 hours ago, Soviet Song said:

3.05 Hereford GASSIN GOLF @ 4/1

Richard Johnson also looks to hold solid claims on Kerry Lee’s 9yo.He gets back on board here for the first time since March 2015 when the pair combined to land a Newbury class 2 hurdle off a mark of 135.Johnson’s form figures on the Montjeu gelding read 22342231.

Looked to be coming back to form last time in a Sandown class 2 when 3rd,just over 6ls behind the 143 rated Call Me Lord(holds entry in Champion Hurdle Trial at Haydock)with the 137 rated Brillaire Momento 6ls behind in 4th.Been raised just 1lb for that run to 123 but very well treated on old form and drops down a grade here.

Interesting thanks. I had s small interest on Carlos du Fruitier and 2 small savers on Gassin and Ottermoon in case he bellies his opening mark. I thought Carlos was going well until it fell. Whilst I don’t like risking horses who fell last race I’m sure they would’ve put a lot more work in. Hopefully my cover bets come in otherwise.

17 hours ago, godofhorses said:

Well done @godofhorses

18 hours ago, godofhorses said:

:clap