** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Monday Jan 15th

325 Ayr

Casual Cavalier 3/1 bet365

Looks to be between Casual Cavalier and Sky Full Of Stars who returned to form last time out of the blue. I had backed him the time before and looked a tired horse and was most surprised to see him run so well last time. Brian Hughes has ridden both and rode the selection last time out when looked in need of the run behind Gino Trail. I'm sure that was a warm up race and fully expect a better run here.

5.10 wolves Al Khan 9/2 B365

A tricky race! But I fancy a bit of curry! (I know another poor jockey joke!) Anyways she takes off 5 which is down to its lowest mark. Ran well at Lingfield when running on. Now the horse that scares me is the Fahy horse no 8. So I’m going to also play the Rev forecast of horses 1&8. Or do Al Khan each way.

Noted that there's a class horse running on the AW this evening - 6.40 Wolves

Frontiersman finished second in the group one Coronation Cup at Epsom behind Highland Reel

He's got a 3lb penalty for a Listed win at Newmarket but even so he's got plenty in hand on the figures

However ......... he has needed a run after breaks in the past and he's never run on the AW ..... so he's not an absolute shoe and indeed is slightly odds against at the moment

I think it might be worth chancing an EW on the French horse, Funny Kid, at 25/1

After bumbling around the provinces for a couple of years he ran 3 decent races in Paris and Deauville last backend ........... his best run being on the AW at Deauville winning a competitive handicap off top weight at the end of November. His French jockey has come over to ride him and as it's only 5 weks or so since he ran it's unlikely this is a prep race for anything ........... you'd think they must fancy him to bother bringing him over when there's plenty of more valuable AW races in France