** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

£20 Daily Challenge - All Welcome

On 1/25/2018 at 9:52 PM, Glentoby said:

Sorry for the late post,had meant to post this as a topic earlier,however got sidetracked and was typing another topic when suddenly realised.

The intrigue is this,the horse was owned by Hamdan Al Maktoum until the 1st of November last year,his last run in this ownership was over 5f on the 21st of October at Catterick ridden by tonights jockey.

He was gelded on the 7th of November last year and apparently had no known owner from the 1st of November to the 3rd of January,a couple of weeks ago..So who owned him when he had the chop and who's decision was this? His present owners are registered from 3rd of January,his first run was over 8f at Southwell on the 9th of January where he weakened quickly.

His next run was 6 days later at Wolverhampton over 8.5 f,strange given how quickly he weakened at Southwell even given the different surface.I was advised by Molerat to have a dabble on him for the Wolves race,he said he knew the trip would not be an issue.

i backed the horse based on his opinion at 14/1,20s + was available before I backed him.Opened at 20s on course and returned sp of 10/1.Was beaten by a head by one of Hugo Palmers,5/4 fav who drifted from slight odds on.I collected on the ew even though only 2 places as Molerat suggested only the fav was a danger.

He will not explain why he was so confident but the money spoke volumes that the 8.5 f was not expected to be an issue despite prior to gelding had been purely a sprinter.The drop to 7f tonight seemed to make sense and was born out as he actually seemed to outstay his rivals.

He never left the MJ stable during the period mentioned i.e "Owner unknown" and gelding and finding new owners on the 3rd of January a few weeks ago.Is it purely coincidence or perhaps an inspired guess that his new owners upped him to a mile on a stamina sapping surface and then upped him again at Wolves where he was punted heavily and beaten a head?

Or had he been worked at home following his Noble Locks op and shown up well over further than 5f or 6f? This is an absolute certainty otherwise Molerat would not have known to tell me to back him.At the risk of upsetting Molerat I would like to know who owned him following Hamdan getting rid and was gelding a condition of the sale?

What chance the average punter with only form in the book to go by? Not suggesting any misdemeanours but valid concerns just the same.

What do you think?

The horse he was beaten by runs in the next,HUMBERT and I know now they rate this horse quite highly and were shocked he was run so close.Running straight and to form he has loads in hand for the forecast Ivan Furtado's should run better than lto.

11 minutes ago, Glentoby said:

The horse he was beaten by runs in the next,HUMBERT and I know now they rate this horse quite highly and were shocked he was run so close.Running straight and to form he has loads in hand for the forecast Ivan Furtado's should run better than lto.

Well if you believe in coincidence of fate then you would have had the forecast (£3 aftertiming I know and no credit claimed as had Humbert with the field).How many Poets can one horse beat in consecutive races though? LOL

So that is two penalty kicks converted if you like,depends on your persuation I suppose but a little humour never killed anybody as far as I know?

Having said that I have confessed to being Homophobic and always will be,it is what Democracy is about.Nobody can steal your thoughts unless you verbally or otherwise transmit them e.g writing on a Forum.

Regrdless my Homophobia does not extend to ridicule or prejudice and Joey Haynes is as capable as any other jockey out their male or female,whichever weighing room he chooses.he rides for Mr Holmes in the next and it does not take a genius to work out his mounts chance.

Bogardus has solid form and should he run near has a great chance to win,looks solid Each Way if you pardon the pun and great fun for the hacks if they have enough guts to tag the jockey and horse.

11/2 for ew players!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame that the fav beat us their but nothing lost other than the tag.Could have been a cracker almost on a par with Gee Armitage on Gee A at the 1987 Festival?

e.g "Bent Jockey who does'nt accept bribes wins on Bogardus"  Trainer states "He might be bent but he is as straight as they come,he is no Kieren Fallon"!!! Or is it Fellon?

Had he finished out of the frame it would have Boogered Us,we had a few quid on!!!!

14 hours ago, Alastair said:

Thursday :

Towcester 2.20  Skipping On   Bet365  5/2

Chelmsford  9.00  Mister Music  Paddy Power  6/1 (7/2 with most other bookmakers so can't be certain if this is really available)

Both £10 win

Mister Music now a non-runner so make that an extra £10 on Skipping On - at the 9/4 now generally available