** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

£20 Daily Challenge - All Welcome

Four double, one treble and one win bet today.  Odds are a bit skinny, so I am hoping to get better returns with BOG

Doubles and trebles:

Selections:

A  12.30 Sedg Millie The Minx 5/2

B  1.00  Sedg Ringarinarosie 9/4

C  1.50 Lud Seenanythingyouwant (a better price would be nice) 9/4

D 3.40 Taun Templepark 3/1 (up 8lbs but hopefully can beat Overland Flyer)

E  3.50 Sedg Kingrullah 4/1

Doubles: At £3

AB  £34.13

BC  £31.69

CD  £39.00

DE  £56.25

Treble: at £3.00

(1)    ABC £110.91

One win bet today.  Too many short priced favourites for my liking

(1)    3.50 Sedg Kingrullah £5 win at 5 with SkyBet

= £20 staked

NB I place my bets on Betfair Exchange and usually get better odds but show best bookies odds as they can easily be checked)

On 11/12/2019 at 7:47 PM, roger2256 said:

For goodnes sake . I'm loathe to get involved in this 'debate ' but I will because its getting monotonous.  You are looking at ew in the normal sense whereas in ew short odds it's a different concept . Have you not heard of 'maggot' bets , you should have if you listen to will hill radio, it's a staple of andy holding . I have made a 5 figure a year living  for the last 11 yrs out of it and although my ' method' is similar its actual quite different as far as bet selection . For me it only works on the flat and I have to find the right sort of race . I wont quote % because that just confuses things . I find a 8 or 9 horse race , the odds need to be ,for arguments sake 10/11 5/2 6/1 16/1 20/1 33/1 50/1 50/1 or similar but you get the drift . On simple few mins study I can discount the 33 and both 50's . I'm going to back the 2nd fav at 5/2 because I'm getting 3 places for a 5 horse race ,in simple terms,     10 ew on a 5/2 , if it wins I get 50 quid return ,( 35 plus 15 ) a profit of 30 quid . If its placed I get 15 return a loss of 5 . With backing ew at short odds it's not about losing on the bet its losing as little as possible , therefore I see it as a what I stand lose ie 5 to what I can win ie 30 therefore a 5/2 becomes a 6/1  . Before you say yes but if you lose you lose 20 ,absolutely correct but if it's done correctly the odd total loss is insignificant.  It took bet victor 5 bets ( 2 actually won ) to cancel my account as unviable .  Others slightly longer , actually I can only do it on BF exchange now . On the flat i can regularly have 20 odd runs of no total loss . I have 11 yrs of every bet struck that I could put up but wont only because I chose not too . My response is only to prove short price ew  ( maggot bets ) works but in the right races and the right odds . I wont be drawn into any debate . I do what I do , I really dont care if you agree or not but its certainly got you thinking away from the norm 

Very many thanks for sharing the principles of your strategy with the Forum.  Just wondering if your method works on the All Weather flat and since you now have to use the Betfair Exchange do you choose the E/W option or do you select the win market for the win bet and the place market for the place bet separately? Also I know succesful traders who regularly win money on the Betfair Exchange, they suffer from Betfair Premiums for their success.  Do you get adversley affected by this?

Edited by The Equaliser

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

Very many thanks for sharing the principles of your strategy with the Forum.  Just wondering if your method works on the All Weather flat and since you now have to use the Betfair Exchange do you choose the E/W option or do you select the win market for the win bet and the place market for the place bet separately? Also I know succesful traders who regularly win money on the Betfair Exchange, they suffer from Betfair Premiums for their success.  Do you get adversley affected by this?

I do apply it to the AW if there is a suitable race . 

On BF I do the win market and the place market.  

It's like all things you have to adapt and work with what you have and get on the best way you can .

Not enough qualifying races for doubles and trebles today.  Gone for three win bets instead

Three win bets  today.  

(1)    1.05 Nc Fyfin Patsey £6 win at 10.0 with Bet365

(2)    3.25 Nc Trooper Turnbull  £6 win at 8 with Ladbokes

(3)    3.45 Sou Zamoyski  £8 win at 7.0 Skybet

= £20 staked

NB I place my bets on Betfair Exchange and usually get better odds but show best bookies odds as they can easily be checked)

5 hours ago, Trotter said:

Bank 1611.55

Bit unlucky yesterday with an EW double as my first horse never crossed the start line but was deemed to be a runner ....... fortunately my second horse was unplaced so it didn't matter

Have another go for an EW double ... 

Newc 12.00 - Final Fling 5/1

Newc 12.30 - Border Victor 6/1

prices bet365 bog

10 pound ew double

I think I'll go back to two horses per race rather than EW doubles ......... :loon

14 hours ago, Rolemat said:

Ellarna 1.05 Newcastle ,not ever going to get wealthy or win a Daily prize with this but 11/8 on a 1/2 shot is a no brainer.

£20 win 11/8 bog

Tough luck with this it seems the industry didn't share your views of it being a 1/2 shot lol . 

Interesting you were happy taking 11/8  when it was freely trading at 2.94 on BF . So you were losing an extra 45 %  of potential profit before the race was run . Pot and kettle come to mind . 

You also state bog but not the bookie used 

Edited by roger2256
Text

10 hours ago, roger2256 said:

Tough luck with this it seems the industry didn't share your views of it being a 1/2 shot lol . 

Interesting you were happy taking 11/8  when it was freely trading at 2.94 on BF . So you were losing an extra 45 %  of potential profit before the race was run . Pot and kettle come to mind . 

You also state bog but not the bookie used 

Well OK; I did wonder how Rolemat came up with the 1/2 probability, especially as the horse had a known breathing problem previously.  There were two other contenders including mine that finished last.  Eliana was pulled up and did not run well at all.  However, it was still sent off 15/8 favourite which meant that the market thought it would run well. All I am wondering is, if it is still kept in training, will it run a better race next time at better odds because sometimes a horse will run better on the second occasion after a wind op?  

5 doubles,two trebles and 6 win bets today:

Doubles and trebles:

Selections:

A  1.40 Weth Sakhees City 4/1 (hope it holds its form)

B  1.50 Chelt Ramses De Teillle 11/4

C  2.25 Chelt Count Meribel 15/2

D  3.0 Chelt  To Be Fair 11/2 (drifting like a barge : Mat chapman)

E  3.20 Weth Dali Mail 5/1

F 3.30 Chelt Legends Gold 5/1

AB  £56.25

BC  £95.63

CD  £65.75

DE  £117.00

EF  £108.00

Trebles: at £2.50

(1)    BCD £517.97

(2)    AEF £450.00

= £20 staked

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

Well done Trotter, your balance is growing

Cheers ....... I think it's not a bad strategy to pick two horses per race in doubles

The downside is that 3 out of your 4 stakes are bound to lose but the upside is a bigger strike rate of wins

I guess like all systems and strategies it comes down to selecting the right horses at big enough prices to cover your losing stakes and make a profit !

5 doubles,two trebles and 6 win bets today:

Doubles and trebles:

Selections:

A  12.45 Duc De beauchen 3/1

B  1.15 Chelt Urgent De Gregaine 5/2

C  12.55 Font Really Racical 11/4

D  2.05 Font Colonel Custard 5/2

E  3.15 Font Howlongisa foot 2/1 (yukk)

F 3.45 Font Truckers Tangle 11/4

AB  £42.00

BC  £39.38

CD  £39.38

DE  £31.50

EF  £33.75

(1)    CDF £123.05

(2)    ABE £112.50

= £20 staked

5 doubles,two trebles and 8  win bets today:

Doubles and trebles:

Selections:

A  14.20 Wolv Brockley Rise  5/1

B  15.20 Wolv Sandret 11/2

C  15.50 Wolv Royal dancer 9/2

D  17.15 Sou Moonraker 9/2

E  17.45 Sou Dark Regard 11/4

F 18.45 Sou  Twpsyn 10/3

AB  £117.00

BC  £107.25

CD  £90.75

DE  £61.88

EF  £48.75

(1)    ABE  £305.63

(2)    CDF  £327.71

= £20 staked

No bets tomorrow as I will be out all morning and unable to work out selections.

Results update:

Multiples:

One winner and not coupled so another nil return for the  day. Hence a £20 loss

Multiples: opening balance £800 + £64.10 -£20 =  £844.10 C/forward ROI  5.5%

Single bets

1 winner but reduced odds because of a non runner = £8.00 returned less £14 = - £6 on the day

Singles:   opening balance  £400 -1 - £6  = £393.00 C/forward  ROI N/A

“ When placing a bet on a selection, never take SP and, always bear in mind that to make a profit, in the long run, the WINNERS have to pay for the LOSERS.”