** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

£20 Daily Challenge - All Welcome

6 hours ago, andymac said:

Warwick Placepot

Race 1 : 5/6

Race 2: 1

Race 3: 4/5

Race 4: 3/5/7

Race 5: Fav.

Race 6: 3/6

24 bets at 83p = £20

Running total plus today's £20 = loss of £17.86p

Won but lost financially

2 lines up (£1.67p). Placepot paid £4.80p for a £1 stake.

Therefore, "Won" £8.00p

Running total as of now is a loss of £9.86p

Sorry for the late post,had meant to post this as a topic earlier,however got sidetracked and was typing another topic when suddenly realised.

The intrigue is this,the horse was owned by Hamdan Al Maktoum until the 1st of November last year,his last run in this ownership was over 5f on the 21st of October at Catterick ridden by tonights jockey.

He was gelded on the 7th of November last year and apparently had no known owner from the 1st of November to the 3rd of January,a couple of weeks ago..So who owned him when he had the chop and who's decision was this? His present owners are registered from 3rd of January,his first run was over 8f at Southwell on the 9th of January where he weakened quickly.

His next run was 6 days later at Wolverhampton over 8.5 f,strange given how quickly he weakened at Southwell even given the different surface.I was advised by Molerat to have a dabble on him for the Wolves race,he said he knew the trip would not be an issue.

i backed the horse based on his opinion at 14/1,20s + was available before I backed him.Opened at 20s on course and returned sp of 10/1.Was beaten by a head by one of Hugo Palmers,5/4 fav who drifted from slight odds on.I collected on the ew even though only 2 places as Molerat suggested only the fav was a danger.

He will not explain why he was so confident but the money spoke volumes that the 8.5 f was not expected to be an issue despite prior to gelding had been purely a sprinter.The drop to 7f tonight seemed to make sense and was born out as he actually seemed to outstay his rivals.

He never left the MJ stable during the period mentioned i.e "Owner unknown" and gelding and finding new owners on the 3rd of January a few weeks ago.Is it purely coincidence or perhaps an inspired guess that his new owners upped him to a mile on a stamina sapping surface and then upped him again at Wolves where he was punted heavily and beaten a head?

Or had he been worked at home following his Noble Locks op and shown up well over further than 5f or 6f? This is an absolute certainty otherwise Molerat would not have known to tell me to back him.At the risk of upsetting Molerat I would like to know who owned him following Hamdan getting rid and was gelding a condition of the sale?

What chance the average punter with only form in the book to go by? Not suggesting any misdemeanours but valid concerns just the same.

What do you think?

Already stated that Bristol De Mai is a slowcoach and needs mud e.g deep conditions.Not the greatest field lining up but the Last Samuria is not so ground dependant as the fav and at respective odds the value imo.

Around 4/1 is no steal but worth a go.

£20 win.............as an aside/side bet Lay the fav win and place here......might not even finish.

11 hours ago, Bubbles180 said:

Apples shakira 12.40 chelt 1.16

Kemboy 1.05 fhouse 1.90

Sceau Royal 1.30 Donc 1.36

£20 Win treble 3.02 bet365

YEH winning treble

Apples shakira 12.40 chelt 1.16 BOG WON

Kemboy 1.05 fhouse 1.90 BOG WON

Sceau Royal 1.30 Donc 1.50 SP WON

£20 Win treble 3.36 Returned £67.20 P&L £47.20

Edited by Bubbles180

Nothing from me for tomorrow. The only selection of the week won this afternoon with odds advised above at 5/2 - SP was 5/4 and I doubt there will have been more than a token number of bets at the price of 5/2. However applying the rules of this challenge that is another £50 profit on the week so after 3 weeks it is a profit of £162 on stakes of £215.

36 minutes ago, corky said:

missed out by 3/4 length,in 1st race the winner won by 6 lengths but made a bad mistake and would have won by at least 12length

plus 109.55 to date

Good to see I have gone back ahead of you Corky ! Having said that I think your recommended bets are more likely to be realistically available than mine - as explained above some of the odds we are allowed to claim strike me as unlikely to actually be there for punters in the real world

39 minutes ago, Alastair said:

Good to see I have gone back ahead of you Corky ! Having said that I think your recommended bets are more likely to be realistically available than mine - as explained above some of the odds we are allowed to claim strike me as unlikely to actually be there for punters in the real world

the only problem with distances you only get them 20/30 mins before the off,ive usually work out the meeting im doing, but usually its too much, as i only bet overs, as there is always the chance of max distance in every race